Wednesday NBA Discussion

SGT AT ARMS

Pretty much a regular
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 width=540 bgColor=#cccccc><TBODY><TR><TD class=dataheader width=540 colSpan=10>NBA
Wednesday, March 18th</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datasubheaderleft2 width=35>Time</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=40>Gm #</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=120>Team</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=75>Score</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Opener</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Hilton</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>5Dimes</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>ABC Island</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>03/18
4:05p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>601
602</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> PORTLAND
INDIANA</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>
</TD></TR><TR class=scores-greybg><TD class=scores-greybg-left>03/18
4:05p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>603
604</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> MIAMI
BOSTON</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>193
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>
</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>03/18
4:05p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>605
606</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> SACRAMENTO
CHARLOTTE</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>200
10½
4:35p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>607
608</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> NEW JERSEY
NEW YORK</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>216
5:05p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>609
610</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> DENVER
MEMPHIS</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
198½
5:05p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>611
612</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> MINNESOTA
NEW ORLEANS</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>191½
5:05p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>613
614</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> CHICAGO
OKLAHOMA CITY</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>199½
5:05p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>615
616</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> ORLANDO
MILWAUKEE</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>6
6:35p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>617
618</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> DETROIT
HOUSTON</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
7:05p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>619
620</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> PHILADELPHIA
PHOENIX</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>228
7:35p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>621
622</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> WASHINGTON
LA CLIPPERS</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>203
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by a moderator:
crazy schedule for the celts and may be missing leon powe also who went out with a knee injury tonight..

will check lineups for the wiz and clippers game..if the "right" guys are playing see no reason for it not to go over,, but again it depends on the lineups..

BC
curious of your totals stats on wizards and sacramento.. wonder if sacramento will push... in the 1st half charlotte seems to run and tighten up for the 2nd.. thanks..

Sacramento are 5-1-1 to Under their last 7 road B2B games.

Washington has produced at least 1 Over result in 7 of their 9 sets of B2B games since Antonio Daniels got traded.

just checked the clippers game, they look like they have a healthy starting five..going vs G.State tonight and then wiz tomorrow night.

also took heat +7 vs celts,, tough schedule, not a full roster b2b, just too many points for wade..

Last edited:
What happens when you come back to Earth and you are still a pumpkin. Tune in tomorrow and see Sixers at Pumpkins. Will have a serious post up tomorrow in a separate thread. GL

Like Heat +7, Powe and Allen will be questionable. Powe left today's game with a bruised knee. Ray Allen hyperextended his knee and may miss tomorrow's game.

B2B for Cs with Pierce and Allen playing heavy minutes tonight...

Rando is also know questionable with a sprained ankle, he played through it tonight, but it will depend on whether it swells up or not tonight...

I like the Suns probably tmrw as well . Cant overlook that LAL starters were essentially +20 vs the Sixers but Sixers bench was +21 vs the LAL bench. Marshall cant be the savior every game ..

Just typical LAL and let another easy win get away . Lead by 11 and fall by 1 because they failed to put another team away . SOrt of like that NOH home game they wound up winning in OT..

Only thing was hoping for -4.5 so curious to see where this ends up

Under NOH 191 ?

Det is in a bad spot if Rip is Out IMO.

Not much on teh surface brewing

:cheers:

Nut,

I would expect Hamilton is out again. The groin has been sore the past few games which shows in his shooting percentage against the Raptors(8-26) and Memphis(something horrid as well). Same injury he missed 8 games with earlier this year. The big question there is whether MC has a clue and alters his starting line-up. No reason to start Maxy tonight. He should have started Kwame. They got hit right outta the gate tonight. We'll see. Brown has been playing very solid lately with extended minutes.

Quick Thoughts:

OKC -1.5: Bulls terrible on the road, 0-7 SU last seven and just not getting it done. Add to it OKC is a very respectable 8-3 SU the past 11 at home and losses to LA, NO and Denver. Bulls really are as simple as "good home, bad road"

New York -7: Nets look TERRIBLE without Harris the other night in Jersey. That team feeds off him and without him, the offense falls apart and nothing looks that good. Fading them and buying into the Knicks playing better.

Charlotte/Sacramento U200: The Bobcats have stayed at or under 200 points at home all season except once: a 110-103 loss to Golden State. Twice they hit 200 (103-97 win over OKC, 104-96 win over Utah). I expect them to stay under tomorrow night in easy win fashion over the Kings.

LAC -7: Washington first game of a West Coast swing and the Wizards record as a dog of between 6 and 10.5 points: 7-16. Clippers back and healthy and I think they get a home win tomorrow in comfortable fashion.

my team is a freakin M.A.S.H unit::seeya:

<table border="0" width="750"><tbody><tr><td class="p_tddetails" width="150" nowrap="nowrap">Ray Allen</td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">G </td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">Sidelined</td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">Mar 17</td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">elbow</td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">Day-to-day</td></tr><tr><td>
</td><td colspan="5" class="p_tddetails" width="600">Latest News:
Ray Allen's status for Wednesday's game against the Heat is uncertain after he hyper-extended his right elbow during the fourth quarter on Tuesday. Injuries are piling up for Boston, but with any luck we won't have to keep Allen on our extensive 'injury watch'. We should have an update following the team's shootaround, so check back soon.</td></tr><tr><td colspan="7">
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="7">
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="7" style="border-top: 1px solid rgb(137, 154, 186);">
</td></tr><tr><td class="p_tddetails" width="150" nowrap="nowrap">Rajon Rondo</td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">G </td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">Sidelined</td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">Mar 17</td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">ankle</td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">Day-to-day</td></tr><tr><td>
Rajon Rondo played through a sprained right ankle on Tuesday, but his status for Wednesday's game is uncertain. His availability depends upon how the ankle reacts overnight -- if it swells up or stiffens, the Celtics might have to rely on Eddie House and Stephon Marbury at point guard. Check back in the afternoon for possible updates.</td></tr><tr><td colspan="7">
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="7" style="border-top: 1px solid rgb(137, 154, 186);">
</td></tr><tr><td class="p_tddetails" width="150" nowrap="nowrap">Leon Powe</td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">F </td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">Sidelined</td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">Mar 17</td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">knee</td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">Day-to-day</td></tr><tr><td>
Leon Powe bruised his right knee early in Tuesday's game and will not return. He will be re-evaluated on Wednesday, making him questionable for the Celtics game against the Heat that evening. With neither Kevin Garnett nor Glen Davis in uniform, recent acquisition Mikki Moore has suddenly been thrust into a huge role.</td></tr><tr><td colspan="7">
</td></tr><tr><td class="p_tddetails" width="150" nowrap="nowrap">Glen Davis</td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">F/C</td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">Sidelined</td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">Mar 8</td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">ankle</td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">Day-to-day</td></tr><tr><td>
Doc Rivers said there is a possibility Glen Davis (sprained ankle) will return to action on Wednesday, though he is officially listed as doubtful. If Davis does not play against the Heat, he will return to face the Spurs on Friday.</td></tr><tr><td colspan="7">
</td></tr><tr><td class="p_tddetails" width="150" nowrap="nowrap">Brian Scalabrine</td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">F </td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">Sidelined</td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">Feb 23</td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">neck</td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">Out indefinitely</td></tr><tr><td>
Brian Scalabrine is likely to be out the rest of March due to post concussion syndrome. Coach Doc Rivers is hoping that he can come back to play against Charlotte on April 1, but it's highly unlikely he'll come back and have any fantasy value this season, even in deep leagues.</td></tr><tr><td colspan="7">
</td></tr><tr><td class="p_tddetails" width="150" nowrap="nowrap">Kevin Garnett</td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">F </td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">Sidelined</td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">Feb 19</td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">knee</td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">Day-to-day</td></tr><tr><td>
Kevin Garnett's status for this weekend's back-to-back games keeps getting more doubtful. Celtics coach Doc Rivers is being very cautious with KG, especially since he has yet to practice. "That’ll be difficult for me to put him on the floor [Friday or Saturday]," Rivers said. "I know I won’t play him in both of those games even if he comes back." Garnett will start once he returns, that much is certain, but Rivers mentioned that he may be limited to around 20 minutes at first.</td></tr><tr><td colspan="7">
</td></tr><tr><td class="p_tddetails" width="150" nowrap="nowrap">Tony Allen</td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">G </td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">Sidelined</td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">Feb 10</td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">thumb</td><td class="p_tddetails" width="110">Targeting mid-April return</td></tr><tr><td>
Tony Allen (thumb) will have his cast removed next Friday and is hoping to return prior to the playoffs. Allen went through some vigorous lower-body workouts recently, but nobody should be counting on him for fantasy value.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Some heavy over bias from the refs in the Wiz/Clipps game. Love to hear some BC thoughts on that total.

I like the over on the clippers wiz game, i already put some in on 203 and will watch the injury reports and lineups as the day progresses. Clippers shot 41% and still scored 120 points. Wiz shot 35% and were never inthe game, though they did score 52 points in the 2nd half after only scoring 36 in the 1st,,, jamison played 35 minutes everyone else in the 20's, would love to see butler play for the wiz tonight, didnt see yesterday if he declared himself out with the hamstring injury,, maybe a coach's decision cause they had no chance vs utah and plays tonight with a chance vs the clipps??? also like jpicks comment about the over bias...

I like the over on the clippers wiz game, i already put some in on 203 and will watch the injury reports and lineups as the day progresses. Clippers shot 41% and still scored 120 points. Wiz shot 35% and were never inthe game, though they did score 52 points in the 2nd half after only scoring 36 in the 1st,,, jamison played 35 minutes everyone else in the 20's, would love to see butler play for the wiz tonight, didnt see yesterday if he declared himself out with the hamstring injury,, maybe a coach's decision cause they had no chance vs utah and plays tonight with a chance vs the clipps??? also like jpicks comment about the over bias...

:cheers: Good line movement so far. Callahan is doing this game just for the record.

Portland, Milwaukee, Phoenix, Okie City, hova at Staples and even Denver look good.

Portland? Man I LOVE the Pacers as home doggies.

Utah +2 Lost by 10
Denver +2 Won by 6
Chicago +2 Won by 7
Cleveland +6.5 Won by 1
Orlando +6.5 Won by 5
Houston +1 Won By 5
NOLA +4.5 Lost by 2 (covered still)
Clipps +3 Lost in OT by 8
Boston +8 Lost in OT by 5 (cover)
Lakers +9 Won by 1
Phoenix +2.5 Lost by 10
Boston +6 Won by 16

So 9-3 ATS and 7-5 SU with one of those non covers and SU losses coming in OT as a home dog this year. Indy has covered 10 straight against the Blazers and have had two days off prior. Blazers have the Cavs tomorrow who they have to be thinking a bit about the Cavs tomorrow in a 4/5. Pacers hung with the Blazers in the Rose garden and I think they win going away tonight.

MLW I agree with, but don't like that they are off of a win vs. Boston SU and tend to do horrible against the Magic. The spot is nice tho with Orlando playing a draining game against the Cavs. Do worry about how serious the Magic might be about trying to win the 2 seed to get HC against the Celtics in the 2nd round.

Love the Thunder, but when don't I?

I'd like to know how the Nets do after a beatdown? Anyone got stats on them?

I hate to lay 7 with NY, but Net are without Harris and Knicks have been playing well lately and covering ATS. They lost to Cleveland the other night and they have Sac-town coming up. This is a huge rivalry between the New Yorker and Joisey fans. When this games turns into a track meet and it will, I don't think Vinny can do it all by himself.

Portland? Man I LOVE the Pacers as home doggies.

A few things here J,

One, a month or two ago, heck even three weeks ago I would side the same as yourself. Few things here. One, I love how Portland has tried to change their road woes Eastcoast wise this year. They don't adjust their time schedules. They keep everything on Pacific time(shootarounds, bedtimes, wake-up etc). It has helped them improve a bit on road this year. This is the middle game of trip so they should be adjusted perfectly. I look at this as a must win almost. They are not going into Cle and winning and who knows on the trip finale against a stubborn Bucks team. They lose tonight and this could turn into a very bad trip. Meanwhile, if you know me, I focus on playoff teams needing to win in the last month or so. Well, we are getting there and this almost qualifies as Indy is slipping further from that 8th spot. The injuries for the Pacers are piling up a bit too. Lastly, Indiana's recent form has been awful. The last time they really played good was.....those three qtrs up at the Rose Garden.

Now, not just tonights game with Milwaukee but things are getting interesting with Orlando. I almost want to call the rest of the season a cat and mouse game. Here's why:

Right now they are a 1/2 game behind Boston for that 2nd spot. Meanwhile, down the standings stand the 'Stons in the 7th spot. They are a few games behind Philadelphia for the 6th spot as we speak. Injuries right now should pretty much lock them into that 7th seed IMHO. We will see though. Orlando wants no part of them in the first round. Worst possible matchup. Not saying they will tank games but just watch closely especially as season winds down.

WTF is up with all these last second injuries? Fucking coaches trying to act like Bill Bellicheck.

tonight I am playing Suns -7 and Clippers -6.5. The Clippers are healthy and their starting five in finally intact. The Suns catch the Sixers in a good situation. The Sixers took advantage of the Lakers giving their subs a lot of work.

I'd like to know how the Nets do after a beatdown? Anyone got stats on them?

I hate to lay 7 with NY, but Net are without Harris and Knicks have been playing well lately and covering ATS. They lost to Cleveland the other night and they have Sac-town coming up. This is a huge rivalry between the New Yorker and Joisey fans. When this games turns into a track meet and it will, I don't think Vinny can do it all by himself.

*Note to self:

If it's too good to be true, then mostly likely it ain't!! :hang:
Final:
New Jersey 115
New York 89

FYI, Barbosa out with a hyper extended knee if anybody is looking at a 2H bet. He had to be helped off the floor so I doubt he comes back.

2nd Half Play
Clippers/Wizards Under 106 (3 units)

The Wizards are shooting 65% and the Clips are at 52%. I do not expect the scoring to keep up at this pace. The Wizards are an under team on the road and neither team shoots above 45%. Reality check in the 2nd half. The first half was fun though.

Back