Wednesday MLB Plays!

hile75

CTG's ambassador of sexy
Totals: 3-2
Favs (-140 or less): 1-1
Doggies: 0-0
Runlines: 0-0

Well I was stunned to see the Mets not able to run it up scorewise last nite, but the Marlins did there part, made up the difference. 5 play again today. Brief summarys, but I'll be around this morning and afternoon for any questions.

KC/Det Under 9.5 - I might be in the minority here, but I think Bannister will be better then Meche sooner than later, and I dont have anywhere near as much respect for Detroits lineup without Granderson in it. I also still think the Royals are a smallball lineup, because theres no real immense talent there yet besides Gordon (maybe I'll let ya argue Butler). Should hit maybe 6 runs max.

SF/LA Under 7.5 - Said it before, SF is the worst team in baseball, period. But, today they do throw one of there bright spots in Lincecum. I understand Billingsley hasnt looked great this spring, but its the Giants, so u can probably chalk them up for 2 runs or less. This lineup might flirt with some records for bad hitting, lowest team average, etc.....They are gonna find out soon how much they miss Mr Roids

TB Rays -110 (Garza) - Love this kid, just love him. I was stunned when the Twins moved him. The O's need some massive rebuilding, and Adam Jones was a good start, but this team is gonna finish last in the AL in wins, and might give the Giants competition for the worst record in baseball by seasons end. Plus, Cabrera is awful (18 losses and a 5.5 plus ERA last year). I like the Rays this year like everyone likes the Blue Jays every year, I think they could give the AL east teams some fits throughout the year.

Marlins +155 (A Miller) - Simple value bet. Miller is the best the Marlins have going against the worst SP the Mets have to offer, and yet getting +155? Obvioulsy not saying the Marlins are a better team, but this is the most glaring pitching discrepency these two teams could have.

Yanks/Jays Over 9.5 - Burnett is one of those guys I can just not talk myself into liking. Hes gonna be a career number 3 starter (2 on weaker rotations). But its the Yanks, so you can basically guarantee 2-3 runs as a basement number. My concern is Mussina. I really think hes a huge liability right now, and the Yanks might need to consider having a ready backup plan for when this guy either gets hurt again or just shows hes not what he used to be. I think the Jays blow him out early and if the Yanks bullpen does me in, I'll :tiphat: to them.

BOL tonight everyone

i'm on the yanks total my self, i feel mussina gets a rude awakening tonight. his old arm is going to get a nice wakeup call from my boys in blue

I like the reasoning behind the Yanks/Jays hova and Tampa.

Maybe scdoggy can chime in here, but I think the O's will definitely challenge San Fran for the worst record; remember the O's have to play in the AL East.

hile,

If you get a minute, would like some input on the Reds and Braves today also. If not, no biggie. THX and GL again.

Steed.

I'd lean Reds, I like Arroyo. Underrated and one of the few pitchers thats not a liability at the plate. I wanna see Haren throw 1 or 2 games before I get excited about him.

The PIT/ATL game is much tougher for me. I rode Gorzo like a Yag fuckin cowboy for about a month and a half last season till Vegas realized how good this kid was. On the flipside of this, Jurrjens was one of the kids this year I kinda told myself I really wanted to get on early, cause I think hes better then people realize. If I were made bet on this game, I'd be on the first half under, as I respect both of these starting pitchers. The bullpens for both teams really scares me, but I'd prolly go Atlanta if I had to, because if i recall, Pittsburgh was like 31st in bullpen rankings last year.

Steed.

I'd lean Reds, I like Arroyo. Underrated and one of the few pitchers thats not a liability at the plate. I wanna see Haren throw 1 or 2 games before I get excited about him.

The PIT/ATL game is much tougher for me. I rode Gorzo like a Yag fuckin cowboy for about a month and a half last season till Vegas realized how good this kid was. On the flipside of this, Jurrjens was one of the kids this year I kinda told myself I really wanted to get on early, cause I think hes better then people realize. If I were made bet on this game, I'd be on the first half under, as I respect both of these starting pitchers. The bullpens for both teams really scares me, but I'd prolly go Atlanta if I had to, because if i recall, Pittsburgh was like 31st in bullpen rankings last year.

That explains it. LOL, jk. Alright well thanks. I'm gonna be on the Reds and we'll see about Jurrjens & co. Appreciate the input.

Weather looks pretty nasty for hitting in Detroit. Wind blowing in and temps in the 30's. Kenny Rogers is always tough at home. Bannister surprisingly has great splits at Comerica and against the Tigers last year. Neutral Ump. Wish I could still get the game at 9.5.

Against ya on the rays today hile but will certainly be cheering the rest in. If i had to be against ya , i guess its better for it to be a side than a total :)

Wish you luck ... you dont need it , your that good.

Garza --->
24-383~Brokeback-Mountain-Posters.jpg
<--- hile

Good work on the Tigers/Royals...Bannister looked solid. The stats gurus can say what they want but the kid is a smart pitcher.

Don't agree that Miller is the Marlins best. Biggest name, yes. But I would be fairly willing to bet that Hendrickson or Scott Olson end up having significantly better years than him...

Also think that Ollie Perez is primed for big things tonight...

I have a fairly big play on the dodgers tonight, do you think it is solid or would you lay off because i am thinking about hedging it.

Back