wednesday MLB discussion thread

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
I won't have time to do a lot of these but I encourage discussions...all of the great cappers here can provide info no one knows about in these discussion threads or if they don't have time to see other people's reasonings in their threads.

Anyone can start one at any day.

We should try and get one rolling on a daily basis.

SO what do you guys think of tomorrow's card?

My question is why the fuck is Harden priced so low??

I like tomorrows card and I am trying to limit my plays..

I feel like I have to get my shot at Harden@ -117 while he is suppose to be healthy. Mariners just won the last 2 games..

I like Schmidt over Suppan and the LAD to get a win vs. Brewers. Brewer bullpen went 4innings today.

I don't think the Red Sox lose tomorrow, juice is a little high but Beckett will have a better yr than last.

Why shouldn't I fade the Nationals?

I would keep fading the Nationals, they are just plain awful.

Schmidt is a great bet.

It is strange to see some premier pitchers priced this low tomorrow to be honest.

I would have taken Westbrook and Burnett in a heartbeat if the weather was cooperating.

Red Sox would be a good RL play.

Is Harden on a pitch count? I honestly couldn't believe this line when I saw it.

yeah I couldn't believe the line on Harden or Schmidt either.........they will for sure go up throughout the day tomorrow but they almost make no sense
2 teams trying to avoid a sweep bringing their aces to the hill w/ solid lineups behind them
Good thing is we won't get burnt too bad if it is a trap
I would of laid up to 140 on both these guys but will glady scoop up 120 or less

That's how I feel kmacc..something is keeping me from pulling the trigger though and I keep punching myself for it lol.

A's batters are really TERRIBLE. How can they swap Piazza with Thomas is just a dumb move. Now they wont even make it to playoff. Harden is their ace but you cant win with no offense.

wednesday prediction...

the season's first bench clearing will happen today in anaheim. rangers, even w/out bucky at the helm, are poor losers...and their pitchers are cheap.
if a halo gets plunked tomorrow, it'll happen. carry-over of last year began tonight.

I was hoping WAS would win not getting worked last night, so you could play Dirty Sanchez...-150 is ridiculous for the Fish on the road though....so no go.

D Davis/R Lopez has over written all over in COL after two med scoring games...

Crapshoot in PHI....

Bronson looks a bit underpriced and good right handed arms are going to be successful against CHI lineup...WAY too right handed heavy...CIN and STL arms matchup well against CHI this year which is a problem in the division..

Really like Schmidt in this spot...what a luxory to throw an ace out your third game of the season in a good stopper situation...

Neither HOU or PIT can score and Gorzellany is better than Williams IMO..so +140 or nothing...nothing for me, but as a lean..

Eckstein has been on base six times in two games and hasn't scored to give you an idea of how well STL offense is clicking...NYM or nothing.

Harden looks cheap..

BOS RL..

I'm on OAK -123, LAD -112, CIN -132...

There's plenty of threads about, so not cluttering w/ a play thread...just going to post my plays in the discussion thread each day..

Chalk chalk today...flat betting one unit all year.

Last edited:
Got the Rockies/DBacks over locked in so far.
Looking at the Dogers with Schmidt going to the mound. Brewers fans should be pretty jacked up though with Suppan making home debut.
What are your guys thoughts on the Angles/Rangers game. Liking Santana a lot here.

Back