Wednesday MLB (6/06)

reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
Will post updated record later. Yesterday was just a strange day for most of us, bad day. Yesterday when I couldn't even get the day of the week correct, I should've known something was wrong. Today I got it, lol.

One play before for now, will be back a little after 12.

Florida Marlins @ Atlanta Braves OVER 9.5 +105 (Olsen v. Davies) (2 Units) W
Both guys ERAs vs opposing teams are 8.51 (Olsen) in 5 starts and 9.68 (Davies) in 4 starts and have struggled this year.

BOL to Yall Wednesday :cheers:

Last edited:
April: 91-69-3 +29.126 Units
May: 112-109-1 +17.898 Units
June: 11-12-1 +6.02 Units

Overall: 214-189-5 +53.044 Units
Sides: 127-107 +34.173 Units
Run Lines: 14-39 -33.245 Units
Totals: 73-43-5 +52.116 Units

I had to go through and correct some of my units, found some miscalculations. My Overall was short and my Sides had too many units.

Went 1-6 Yesterday -9.05, just an odd day in baseball. Starting June out well really made up for yesterday, didn't feel too badly about it.

I'll take my chances with the Twins...

Minnesota Twins +194 (Slowey v. Lackey) W
Crazy things happen, yesterday was evidence.

Last edited:
best of luck Renew...Can argue with the shot you are taking with the Twins, can't argue at all. No way I'm laying that much with Lackey for 1 thing.

thanks green - looks like lackey is dominating right now. but I do think Slowey will be good as the year goes on, going to keep him on my radar for sure.

Adding:

Pittsburgh Pirates @ Washington Nationals OVER 8.5 -103 (Duke v. Bowie) W

Like my chances with Duke and overs since he usually gets pulled after 5/6 innings, just gives up too many hits. Bowie hasn't lasted more than 5.1 innings, even though he's pitched pretty well. Has given up 3 HRs in last two starts though. Both bullpen should see action today and saw action yesterday too.

Philadelphia Phillies @ New York Mets UNDER 9 -110 (Eaton v. Hernandez) W
Eaton's done very well vs the Mets in his career and Hernandez pitching very well right now. He got hammered by the Phils last year but he was nowhere near where he's pitching right now.

Houston Astros @ Colorado Rockies Over 9.5 -115 (Williams v. Cook)
Woody Williams struggles vs the Rockies and not a good thing at Coors, wind is blowing out at over 25 mph. Cook isn't anything special. I didn't do much capping into this but I just starting doing that "Beat The Streak" game MLB.com is hosting, just pick someone to get a hit each day and try and last as long as possible, anyways saw Matt Holiday is 9/12 lifetime against Woody and Atkins might finally be heating up, they need his bat badly.

Oakland Athletics +121 (Kennedy v. Wakefield)
Wakefield has been getting hammered for the past month. should've played the A's last night, doing it tonight. Some people might not think they'll sweep but going out West always seems harder for teams to do.

I am very tempted to play the Royals @ +214. Byrd has been consistant, but being consistant means you do give up runs and Dejesus has some great career #'s against him. Bannister has also been consistant and his last two starts he lasted 7 and 8 Innings, an improvement from the 4 to 6 he was giving the Royals and I am liking this Royals bullpen now, pretty underrated the way theyve been pitching. It's just tough to bet against the Indians.

Last edited:
25mph wind blowing OUT at Coors? Holy shit I might need to sign up even though I am on a strict - No ACTION diet- right now

Don't worry bout it.. I am seeing shit from 20-40mph...ANYTHING above 20mph is some serious wind that can carry a baseball

renew, nice early winner, love the nats over.....great value on the twins to steal a win there

Good early win..hopefully the twins can make it two. Like the A's myself tonight for a sweep of Boston and Wakefield.

thanks hile - glad that 1st total did get over, I was starting to think it wouldn't. Twins have been undervalued this whole series as well, atleast to me.

thanks rochclone - i hope so, I really thought slowey would do a little better today than he pitched, but I guess I thought Lackey would do better to, I hope they do hold on, their bullpen is solid enough to.

I wish I waited on the A's... already +126. all the homers will be pounding it in a few hours too.

BIG BARKING DOG....Nice hit

thanks green, I got another one for ya.

Kansas City Royals +208 (Bannister v. Byrd)
I wrote a little about this before but basically... Byrd is very hittable. A guy who doesn't over power you but locates very well and just knows how to pitch, but he is hittable and not a guy you lay -230 or whatever the line is.
Indians haven't seen Bannister before, except for a couple of guys in a few at bats.

thanks green, I got another one for ya.

Kansas City Royals +208 (Bannister v. Byrd)
I wrote a little about this before but basically... Byrd is very hittable. A guy who doesn't over power you but locates very well and just knows how to pitch, but he is hittable and not a guy you lay -230 or whatever the line is.
Indians haven't seen Bannister before, except for a couple of guys in a few at bats.

Nice start nice start, thats all I have to say with out a jinx

thanks Ale - Junes been good minus Tuesday

thanks santo - i'm very happy with today's results

thanks green - BIG BARKING DOGS. Those last couple of innings were crucial. I can't believe I made up for yesterday and more in one day. Damn, i am giddy lol.

6-0 +10.33
Florida Marlins @ Atlanta Braves OVER 9.5 +105 (Olsen v. Davies) (2 Units) W
Kansas City Royals +208 (Bannister v. Byrd) W
Pittsburgh Pirates @ Washington Nationals OVER 8.5 -103 (Duke v. Bowie) W
Philadelphia Phillies @ New York Mets UNDER 9 -110 (Eaton v. Hernandez) W
Houston Astros @ Colorado Rockies Over 9.5 -115 (Williams v. Cook) W
Oakland Athletics +121 (Kennedy v. Wakefield) W

I'm sorry, I just had to post that, it's so nice. Lost 9.05 yesterday and get 10.33 today.

Hell of a day dude...Look at your picks again, you don't even have the Twins in there... 7-0?

Back