Wednesday MLB 13.6.'07

Unicorn

NHL Enthusiast
Hey guys! Just some early thoughts with my final plays coming later this afternoon because I'm going to a CEB CUP 2007 opening game - my home team Zagreb vs some French baseball club ;)

NY Yankees - Arizona (+205)
Unlike yesterday when I decided to pass on Webb at the last moment, I actually like Livan Hernandez and the Snakes tonight as even bigger road dogs. I like the fact that Livan is an endurance guy. He can throw 125 pitches or more pitches in a game every 5 days what isn't very common feat. Knowing that Yankees are usually very patient at the plate, I can see him going cca 7 innings with 4 runs allowed. Now the question is - will D'Backs be able to score at least 5 off Mussina? I think they may be able to do that. Moose has been disasterous this season and even very potent Yankees offense hasn't been able to win much games for him, only 3 (they're 3-6 in his starts despite his 2-3 record). So the way I see this game is - road team facing a pitcher who's been throwing batting practice in 80% of his season starts vs struggling road team's offense who I'm looking to explode tonight, versus potent home team's offense who'll be facing a tough road team's pitcher who may be able to neutralize them a bit. I like Zona's chances in this game. I'll go even further and predict a 8-5 Diamondbacks final score (confidence slowly going up these days hehe).

Detroit (-120) - Milwaukee
Run support is very likely to decide this game. At least that's how I see it. Both Maroth and Capuano have been bad in their current situations - Capuano on road (2-3, 5.70 ERA), Maroth at home (0-2, 5.60 ERA), both in a night game (+4.50 ERA). But with Capuano getting approx. 3 runs per start, Maroth obviously got a noticable advantage getting from 6 to 8 runs per his start. So it's not suprising that Maroth's record is 4-2, 5.29 ERA with his team going 8-3 in his starts. Plus the fact that Brewers aren't swinging the bats so good away from home while the Tigers don't care if they play on the road or at home, they've been hitting in both situations plus they've been far better team lately...

Chicago Cubs (-140) - Seattle
A tough, extra inning loss is never easy to overcome. At least not for most of the teams in Majors. But the Cubs... I just think they may show some strong character tonight and successfully rebound. It won't be easy to go against Batista who's been winning most of his starts games this season, but after all, it's just Miguel Batista with his usual 5+ ERA. This kid Marshall has been very stellar this season so far, and the Cubs have been giving him great run support (6-7 runs per start on average). In addition - after a leftie Washburn, Lee and company may be more than happy to see again a right handed pitcher on the mound on the opposide side (they're much better vs RHP).

San Francisco - Toronto (+138)
If the Blue Jays are going to avoid the sweep, they got the right man on the mound for them today. Dustin McGowan has been great lately, winning 2 of his last 3 starts and posting a 2.91 ERA in the process. He's also been durable, totaling a 21.2 IP in the span. On top of that - Jays batters awarded him with great run support of more than 6 runs per start and considering that Lincecum has been struggling lately (6.00 ERA with Giants losing all of his last 3 starts), I can see them avoiding the sweep today as solid road underdogs.

Houston (-108) - Oakland
After the Astros pulled out a late inning win last night, I can see them building off of that with their man Sampson on the mound. I said "their man" because Chris has been their hottest pitcher lately, winning 2 of his last 3 starts with very solid 3.48 ERA. A total of 20.2 IP is also very solid but the run support he was getting in that span is just great - almost 6 runs per game. I guess Joe (Black) Blanton hasn't been so lucky, with A's averaging less than 2 runs during his last 3 starts with him taking a losing decision twice. I think this game may be a low scoring one, though, but with Astros winning 4-3 or something like that.

Other leans and possible plays:

Cincinnati (+147)
Baltimore (-153)
Pittsburgh (-159)

...although I doubt I'll lay that much chalk so I guess only other possible play for me may be Cincy for similar or same stake as yesterday. I'll do some write-up if I end up playing it..

:cheers:

contradicting plays in some cases (Oakland, Seattle) but hey, we can't think the same all the time :D.
You crushed me yesterday with the Reds, and as I said I'm not the biggest fan of going against you but I can't possibly explain this price on Marshall against the hot M's. The Cubbies might win, but the price is way off if you ask me. All I need in this game is to stay close, Cubs are so awful in close games this year and M's are confident, I like it.

Like your Arizona play, I see we have almost IDENTICAL thoughts in the first few sentences there :D.

Leaning Toronto but as I said, offensive slump is keeping me away from it.

Good luck tonight Unicorn :cheers: :shake:

Enjoy the game bro, I'll drop by to the capital soon, we can go and watch some baseball then as well. :cheers:

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Good luck Unicorn, have a great time at the game!
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks guys, I'm just about to start moving from work to the game ;)

Satyr - man, as soon as I've finished replying in your post I saw you replied in mine haha.. About your arrival in ZG - sure, man, I'll be more than happy to go drink some beer together and watch some games (got some HQ MLB games from both this and past seasons on DVD so if you wanna check them out...)

well if I haven't seen them already, I'd be more than glad to watch :D

You know how MLB interest is rare here where we live :D.

YTD: 95-86, +167.48 Units

ML record: 75-57, +176.70 Units
RL record:
8-14, -25.00 Units
OU record:
10-3, +53.80 Units
Parlays:
2-12, -37.98 Units

-------------------------------------------

My final plays for the day:

Detroit @ 1.80 for 9.5 Units
Toronto @ 2.35 for 7 Units
Ch.Cubs @ 1.75 for 6.5 Units
Houston @ 1.93 for 5.5 Units
Arizona @ 3.05 for 4 Units
Cincinnati @ 2.53 for 4 Units
Tampa Bay @ 2.75 for 3.5 Units

I've decided to pull the trigger on Tampa after all, I see them as a solid value bet tonight and everything what other guys who also took them said, stands for sure. Pure value. As for the Reds - another value bet considering the Angels seem like they've out of gas after they've been winning for a long time. With Guerrero and Matthews in a slump (in addition - both of them have some real bad career numbers vs Lohse who used to pitch for the Twins in the past), Anderson still not feeling completely comfortable with his leg - I suspected that the rest of the (mostly younger) guys may be able to carry the team for a long time. Until core of the team get out of the slump, I don't see them winning many games. I mean - the Reds have all but announced that this season may be already over for them (check some comments after last night, although they won they aren't too confident in themselves) - and I can't imagine the "real" Angels losing even 1 game to them. And they've lost last night with their 2nd best pitcher on the mound. That's all...

BOL everyone! :cheers:

atta boy on Tampa ;).

Low play for you but nevermind, we cash that one. :cheers:

Good health with those Cubbies :D :D you can't beat me all the time can you? I'm all bruised already :D.

atta boy on Tampa ;).

Low play for you but nevermind, we cash that one. :cheers:

Good health with those Cubbies :D :D you can't beat me all the time can you? I'm all bruised already :D.

The way I see it - if I lose tonight with Cubs - I'll lose like just a little bit of my current confidence level but at the same time you'll gain alot more confidence by Mariners winning. So, I don't mind losing a game tonight, I'd mind if I go 0-7 or similar tonight. You never know in June... ;)

P.S. Just a short-list what I have on my PC atm:

LAST SEASON
23.07.2006: Toronto (Marcum) - Yankees (Ponson)

SPRING TRAINING
14.03.2007: Yankees (Karstens) - Twins (Silva)
20.03.2007: Yankees (Ogawa) - Phillies (Segovia)
21.03.2007: Dodgers (Kuo) - Mets (Perez)

THIS SEASON
08.04.2007: Tampa (Kazmir) - Toronto (Halladay)
21.04.2007: Boston (Beckett) - Yankees (Karstens)

All games great quality, both visual and sound, except the last one which is watchable but the quality isn't like on DVD (it's DivX, btw).

Wow! Kazmir v Halladay. Would like to watch that one.:smiley_abds:

good luck tonight buddy. :dance3: money;

:Yahoo_59:

well if I haven't seen them already, I'd be more than glad to watch :D

You know how MLB interest is rare here where we live :D.

Can not be as rare as it is where I live! They just turned the beautiful ballpark they had built for the Olympics into a football ground! :down:

As for the tv coverage, thank god for Pontel, right?

Best of luck to both you guys tonight! :cheers:

Back