Wednesday Lines/Discussion

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
Some great discussion threads the last couple of days. See if we can't keep it going. Did grab the Thunder @+6 at the opener, but I think they win outright and will be playing the ML.

501 Los Angeles Lakers -7.5 -105 OVER 214 -105
502 Toronto Raptors +7.5 -105 UNDER 214 -105

503 Los Angeles Clippers +13 -102 OVER 198 -109
504 Orlando Magic -13 -108 UNDER 198 -101

505 New Jersey Nets +1 +100 OVER 194.5 -112
506 Washington Wizards -1 -110 UNDER 194.5 +102

507 Cleveland Cavaliers -5.5 +100 OVER 208.5 -105
508 New York Knicks +5.5 -110 UNDER 208.5 -105

509 Miami Heat +3.5 -105 OVER 181.5 -110
510 Detroit Pistons -3.5 -105 UNDER 181.5 +100

513 Denver Nuggets -5.5 +102 OVER 214 -105
514 Oklahoma City Thunder +5.5 -112 UNDER 214 -105

515 Atlanta Hawks Offline Offline Offline
516 Minnesota Timberwolves Offline Offline Offline

519 Portland Trail Blazers +3.5 -105 OVER 199 -105
520 Dallas Mavericks -3.5 -105 UNDER 199 -105

521 Phoenix Suns -3 -102 OVER 229 -105
522 Golden State Warriors +3 -108 UNDER 229 -105

NBA - Feb 04
4:05 PM
501 LA LAKERS -7-110 o214-110
502 TORONTO +7-110 u214-110

503 LA CLIPPERS +13½-110 o198-110
504 ORLANDO -13½-110 u198-110

505 NEW JERSEY +1-110 o194½-110
506 WASHINGTON -1-110 u194½-110

4:35 PM
507 CLEVELAND -5½-110 o208½-110
508 NEW YORK +5½-110 u208½-110

4:35 PM
509 MIAMI +3-110 o181½-110
510 DETROIT -3-110 u181½-110

5:05 PM
511 HOUSTON
512 MEMPHIS

513 DENVER -5-110 o214-110
514 OKLAHOMA CITY +5-110 u214-110

515 ATLANTA
516 MINNESOTA

517 CHICAGO
518 NEW ORLEANS

5:35 PM
519 PORTLAND +3-110 o199-110
520 DALLAS -3-110 u199-110

7:35 PM
521 PHOENIX -2½-110 o229-110
522 GOLDEN STATE +2½-110 u229-110

Just a thought but maybe Kobe under prop. Seems like Jackson has to get the team back involved before the next 2 games. Kobe and Pavol have to involve the rest of the team or else the next 2 games will get ugly.

Excellent point Tuck

Other than taking Knicks ML tomorrow and friday not sure about this card

I can see where your coming from with Thunder though Jpicks

Where are Clippers at on their road trip?

As stated in the other thread, I like Minny at +1 at home. No line here but the line on the other thread was ATL -1.

I also like the way the Mavs have been playing. Portland scares me but they seem to get off to a slow start. Maybe a Dallas 1H bet?

Hey BAR, your Pistons are hurting. Never seen a Det team play this bad. What's the local sports talk radio like? Are they blaming AI for the poor play? They need to quit pampering AI and put Rip back into the starting lineup. Starting AI on this team is a reputation move. Do what's right and put Rip back in.

What makes you like the Knicks tomorrow? The Cavs have owned them this year and easily blew out the Raptors tonite without even getting out of 2nd gear.

Cavs got off great, but struggled until the last 5 mins of the fourth. The game was much closer than the score.

Raps catchin 7.5 is a thought with kobe look-ahead in Boston next day

Na man, Lakers take this one easily. Raps have no confidence rite now, Calderon is playing through a hamstring injury at half speed and Bosh came down heavily on his knee tonite. Toronto has no perimeter D at all and Kobe has owned the Raptors for years now.

lakers on paper should blow out raps especially on a b2b but i dont know if the motivation and look ahead factor for lakers.

however, the cle game was NOT close at all. lebron barely even tried and took the game seriously. he was toying with joey g. after the 1q, raps were down by 20. and the only reason why raps got back into the game was cause of the extra rest lbj had. he didnt come back until last 5 mins before half. then the raps went on a little run, then lebron came back in late 3q and took over to blow the raps out. watched the entire game

lakers on paper should blow out raps especially on a b2b but i dont know if the motivation and look ahead factor for lakers.

however, the cle game was NOT close at all. lebron barely even tried and took the game seriously. he was toying with joey g. after the 1q, raps were down by 20. and the only reason why raps got back into the game was cause of the extra rest lbj had. he didnt come back until last 5 mins before half. then the raps went on a little run, then lebron came back in late 3q and took over to blow the raps out. watched the entire game

Mike Brown had to play Bron most of the game because other than the 1st, the Raps were in it. Raps had the lead down to 5 at one point in the 3rd. He didnt want to, but he NEEDED Bron and Mo to close out the game. It only got ugly at the start and at the end, in between it was all Raptors.

well either way raps are really struggling big time. hate to see their season fall apart like this, when it began with so much potential.

it was all raps when lebron wasnt in the game. if he played normal minutes, raps would've never had a chance

raps tried hard, they played a decent game throughout, bosh and JO had good games. but cle never took them seriously.

At first glance, NJ, OKC and GS for sure. Det may be worth a shot since it is a wednesday, which is the only day they seem to win. Maybe the over in OKC as well.

Played Dallas at -3.5. Think Killa is dead on. Blazers have what they consider is a very winnable game @OKC to finish out the 3 game roadie followed by 3 more games they'll likely be favored in (maybe not @OAK) to finish out before the ASG. The Mavs on the other hand play @UTA the following day and also host BOS before the break. They certainly need this game more and the Blazers probably realize they already stole one on this roadie beating the Hornets after Paul went down. Really think the Nuggets should have opened at 3 while the Mavs should have been the ones to open at -6.

Played Dallas at -3.5. Think Killa is dead on. Blazers have what they consider is a very winnable game @OKC to finish out the 3 game roadie followed by 3 more games they'll likely be favored in (maybe not @OAK) to finish out before the ASG. The Mavs on the other hand play @UTA the following day and also host BOS before the break. They certainly need this game more and the Blazers probably realize they already stole one on this roadie beating the Hornets after Paul went down. Really think the Nuggets should have opened at 3 while the Mavs should have been the ones to open at -6.

on Dallas for a small bet, but feel hesitant. Bad scheduling spot for Dallas with 2 road games, coming home just to pack up for a big game at utah 2m. Portland may have a bit of revenge from losing at home on Christmas day. I am impressed with Dallas especially since Kidd has taken the reins to the offense

The guy at the top of wagerline's survivor leaderboard has a 15 game streak going w/out a loss which isn't that outrageously unusual, but what is impressive is he's basically always picking favs...

<TABLE class=thepicks id=tblRecord cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=datacell>02/03/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NBA</TD><TD class=datacell>Toronto</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>Cleveland</TD><TD class=datacell>-10</TD><TD class=datacell>WON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>02/02/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NBA</TD><TD class=datacell>San Antonio</TD><TD class=datacell>-5</TD><TD class=datacell>Golden State</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>Push</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>02/01/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NBA</TD><TD class=datacell>Cleveland</TD><TD class=datacell>-4</TD><TD class=datacell>Detroit</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>WON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>01/31/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NCAAB</TD><TD class=datacell>West Virginia</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>Louisville</TD><TD class=datacell>-6</TD><TD class=datacell>Push</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>01/30/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NBA</TD><TD class=datacell>L.A. Lakers</TD><TD class=datacell>-6.5</TD><TD class=datacell>Minnesota</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>WON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>01/28/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NCAAB</TD><TD class=datacell>Connecticut</TD><TD class=datacell>-13.5</TD><TD class=datacell>DePaul</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>WON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>01/26/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NCAAB</TD><TD class=datacell>Oklahoma</TD><TD class=datacell>-3</TD><TD class=datacell>Oklahoma St.</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>WON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>01/25/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NCAAB</TD><TD class=datacell>Michigan St</TD><TD class=datacell>-2.5</TD><TD class=datacell>Ohio St.</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>WON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>01/23/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NBA</TD><TD class=datacell>Memphis</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>New York</TD><TD class=datacell>-5.5</TD><TD class=datacell>WON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>01/22/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NCAAB</TD><TD class=datacell>St. Mary's</TD><TD class=datacell>-4</TD><TD class=datacell>San Diego</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>WON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>01/21/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NBA</TD><TD class=datacell>Cleveland</TD><TD class=datacell>+1</TD><TD class=datacell>Portland</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>WON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>01/20/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NBA</TD><TD class=datacell>Indiana</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>San Antonio</TD><TD class=datacell>-7.5</TD><TD class=datacell>WON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>01/19/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NBA</TD><TD class=datacell>Phoenix</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>Boston</TD><TD class=datacell>-8.5</TD><TD class=datacell>WON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>01/18/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NBA</TD><TD class=datacell>Miami</TD><TD class=datacell>-1</TD><TD class=datacell>Oklahoma City</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>WON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>01/17/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NBA</TD><TD class=datacell>San Antonio</TD><TD class=datacell>-3</TD><TD class=datacell>Chicago</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>WON</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

not the guy to pick against with a Dog

The guy - View - at the top of wagerline's survivor leaderboard has a 15 game unbeaten streak going which isn't that unusual a number, but what is impressive is he's mostly always picking favs...

<TABLE class=thepicks id=tblRecord cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=datacell>02/03/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NBA</TD><TD class=datacell>Toronto</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>Cleveland</TD><TD class=datacell>-10</TD><TD class=datacell>WON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>02/02/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NBA</TD><TD class=datacell>San Antonio</TD><TD class=datacell>-5</TD><TD class=datacell>Golden State</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>Push</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>02/01/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NBA</TD><TD class=datacell>Cleveland</TD><TD class=datacell>-4</TD><TD class=datacell>Detroit</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>WON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>01/31/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NCAAB</TD><TD class=datacell>West Virginia</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>Louisville</TD><TD class=datacell>-6</TD><TD class=datacell>Push</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>01/30/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NBA</TD><TD class=datacell>L.A. Lakers</TD><TD class=datacell>-6.5</TD><TD class=datacell>Minnesota</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>WON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>01/28/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NCAAB</TD><TD class=datacell>Connecticut</TD><TD class=datacell>-13.5</TD><TD class=datacell>DePaul</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>WON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>01/26/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NCAAB</TD><TD class=datacell>Oklahoma</TD><TD class=datacell>-3</TD><TD class=datacell>Oklahoma St.</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>WON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>01/25/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NCAAB</TD><TD class=datacell>Michigan St</TD><TD class=datacell>-2.5</TD><TD class=datacell>Ohio St.</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>WON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>01/23/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NBA</TD><TD class=datacell>Memphis</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>New York</TD><TD class=datacell>-5.5</TD><TD class=datacell>WON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>01/22/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NCAAB</TD><TD class=datacell>St. Mary's</TD><TD class=datacell>-4</TD><TD class=datacell>San Diego</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>WON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>01/21/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NBA</TD><TD class=datacell>Cleveland</TD><TD class=datacell>+1</TD><TD class=datacell>Portland</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>WON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>01/20/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NBA</TD><TD class=datacell>Indiana</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>San Antonio</TD><TD class=datacell>-7.5</TD><TD class=datacell>WON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>01/19/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NBA</TD><TD class=datacell>Phoenix</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>Boston</TD><TD class=datacell>-8.5</TD><TD class=datacell>WON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>01/18/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NBA</TD><TD class=datacell>Miami</TD><TD class=datacell>-1</TD><TD class=datacell>Oklahoma City</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>WON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>01/17/09</TD><TD class=datacell>NBA</TD><TD class=datacell>San Antonio</TD><TD class=datacell>-3</TD><TD class=datacell>Chicago</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell>WON</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

not the guy to pick against w/a dog

lotta live home dogs 2m:
NY, OKC, GS

maybe play toronto as well, but dunno. Not sure if Toronto is the right team to stop kobe when he's on a streak. Can anybody say 82 points?

other than that, Billups is ? after strained ankle today, as is Monta. OKC off 2 losses and I think should bounce back tonight, altho i don't like tha Denver got a free ride today

GS should handle Phoenix. I love watching nash try to guard monta, and turiaf is proving to be a hell of a post defender- probably good enough to hold Shaq. 1st game of a home n home, and pretty sure GS knows if they are gonna win one, its gotta be the 1st one

NY- only concern, and its a big one, is lebron trying to show kobe that NY is his. other than that, NY still playin really well, Cleveland with a longish game. Maybe just take it slow 2m

what's his status since limping off vs the Spurs?

Monta Ellis doesn't expect to miss any time with his mild left ankle sprain.

"It doesn't even hurt (anymore)," said Ellis, who had 17 points and eight rebounds before leaving in overtime. His owners have dodged a bullet this time, and it should be safe to keep him active.

I honestly don't even think he was taken out because of the injury, and it was more one of those "shit, I'm playin bad/fucked up. I'll act injured to excuse my poor play" thats seen all the time in football (dropped pass- the receiver grabs his leb like he pulled a hammy, only to come back fine in a few plays)

monta hasn't been playing well at all since he came back. He's playing somewhat scared to attack and mostly pullin up- which hurts even more since his shot is not back yet. He did make some mid range jumpers yesterday, which is a good sign, but wouldn't depend on that jumper until he shows he can use it effectively again. I think the ankle is fine, and think there's nothing quite like Nash defending him to get his breakout game

He mentioned yesterday that he likes to bet the highest consensus home fav at wagerline or at least that it seems to win at a high %.

well any Fav has pretty much had it's way in recent times, for these are the favs of our lives
icon12.gif

FYI, Hawks Joe Johnson out, Al Horford back though.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1007

News: Johnson will miss Wednesday's match-up with the Timberwolves due to a viral infection.
Spin: The blow will be softened some for the Hawks as they expect Al Horford (knee) to be back in the lineup. There's no official timetable for Johnson's return, so consider him day-to-day for now. The Hawks will next lace it up Friday against Charlotte.

To be honest, read some of the things people wrote here, not all of it, so sorry in advance if I repeat something mentioned already...

First of all, about the Lakers - Toronto game. I remember that many took Sixers that played Boston before Boston played against the Lakers. Ok, it wasn't B2B of course and Boston had rest after that game, but still, they trashed the Sixers and easily. I wouldn't bet Lakers coming from 61 points Kobe's game and before the game in Boston, but I have to say two things - first is that Lakers probably gave up on winning in Boston the moment they lost Bynum. They would rather win in Toronto and win in Cleveland - the only place in the league without a W from visiting team. Have no idea what going on in side Lakers's head, but that would be my approach.

I do love the Suns usually and take them in many games, but not sure if this is the best game for them. Recently they struggle too much against teams they should own. I mean it's ok to lose to Cats, but Knicks and Bulls that got no bodies to throw on Shaq and Amare? That is really wierd. Not to mention the loss to Spurs that had to hurt. Lost money backing them against Bulls and Spurs, so maybe that is why they got no trust from me right now, but after watching GSW play the Spurs and the fact that both teams meet again in Arizona on Friday make it a no bet for me, despite leaning GSW at the beginning.

Wouldn't touch the game in NO, where the home teams misses the heart of the team, but are desperate for a win.
Wolves make sense, but still, not crazy yet laying points with the team. Maybe a play, but still, not an easy call...
Pistons with 4 losses in a row at home. I just can't see that streak extend to 5 home losses in a row.

Maybe will have some more thoughts later :)

Good luck everybody!!!

Played the wolves minus 2. Fairly long list of reasons. One Atlanta was again a forced favorite by the book. Atlanta looking at what may be 3 easy games ahead while Minn is looking at playing at Houston and Hornets on the road next. Just see Minn playing hard and fairly well against top teams and rebounding very consistently well while Atlanta just continues to slide further down plus legitimate revenge. Johnson being out is a mixed event that helps and hurts. Would be making the same call if he played. Minn beat Indiana at Indiana off a ats loss by Indiana. That is impressive and looking at their box scores I am impressed by how many players seem to step up. Not really a team of stars. More a team of hard, hard workers who have bought into playing as well as they can together. Atlanta with 2 of the referees is a collective 5-15 ats.
Was able to get 6 and took it with Knicks. This is major revenge. It is Knicks on their best home day where they are 4-0 this season and have won 7 straight and it is Cleveland playing 5 in 7. Got to try especially with a Laker look ahead.

Last edited:
was just a mistake at pinny for a few minutes lol....lakers were -5.5 i was sure it was a mistake:)....didn t play it....

Back