Wednesday is a day for OVERS (3 to be exact)

hile75

CTG's ambassador of sexy
2009:
Totals: 9-5
Dogs (120-139): 1-0
Favs (140 or less): 7-3

I kicked around just blindly betting the Marlins again, but I'm sure they'd get swept then. Anyway, here's all 3 overs locked in.

Rangers/Jays OVER 10.5 - Harrison and Purcey suck. Harrison is currently rocking an 8.44 ERA and a massive 2.44 WHIP. Purcey, along with having control problems, is 0-1 with a 6.46 ERA and a 1.70 WHIP. Texas team ERA is an AL worst 6.18 and Harrison was rocked by KC last start. Oh, and Texas leads the league in homers.

Phillies/Brewers OVER 10 - Blanton is just getting killed this year. Has a 9 ERA, the team has a 6.62 ERA and the starting rotation has a 7.52 ERA (the worst in the majors).

Then there is Looper. He blows too. Phillies should score on him. He was 0-2 with a 4.15 ERA vs the Phillies last year. Howard, career vs Looper, has 2 walks and is 4-5 with 4 homers. Total could fly over pretty quick.

Reds/Cubs OVER 8.5 - as soon as its posted, its getting played. 4 of Lilly's 9 losses last season were to Cincy. He was 0-4 with an 8.15 ERA against them. Votto and Encarnacion have excellent numbers against him.

Cueto has also lost 3 straight against the Cubs, rockin a 4.74 ERAm. Cueto had some control issues in his last start, allowing 6 walks in less than 4 innings. Jay Bruce is back in the lineup for the Reds and Phillips has to start producing at some point, doesn't he?

Gl tonight everyone.

Last edited:
2009:
Totals: 9-5
Dogs (120-139): 1-0
Favs (140 or less): 7-3

I kicked around just blindly betting the Marlins again, but I'm sure they'd get swept then. Anyway, here's 2 overs I have locked in and 1 I will lock in as soon as it gets posted.

Rangers/Jays OVER 10.5 - Harrison and Purcey suck. Harrison is currently rocking an 8.44 ERA and a massive 2.44 WHIP. Purcey, along with having control problems, is 0-1 with a 6.46 ERA and a 1.70 WHIP. Texas team ERA is an AL worst 6.18 and Harrison was rocked by KC last start. Oh, and Texas leads the league in homers.

Phillies/Brewers OVER 10 - Blanton is just getting killed this year. Has a 9 ERA, the team has a 6.62 ERA and the starting rotation has a 7.52 ERA (the worst in the majors).

Then there is Looper. He blows too. Phillies should score on him. He was 0-2 with a 4.15 ERA vs the Phillies last year. Howard, career vs Looper, has 2 walks and is 4-5 with 4 homers. Total could fly over pretty quick.

Reds/Cubs OVER anything 10 or less - as soon as its posted, its getting played. 4 of Lilly's 9 losses last season were to Cincy. He was 0-4 with an 8.15 ERA against them. Votto and Encarnacion have excellent numbers against him.

Cueto has also lost 3 straight against the Cubs, rockin a 4.74 ERAm. Cueto had some control issues in his last start, allowing 6 walks in less than 4 innings. Jay Bruce is back in the lineup for the Reds and Phillips has to start producing at some point, doesn't he?

I'll post that total as soon as its released. Gl tonight everyone.

Good stuff hile.. Im on the first 2 overs and waiting on the line for reds/cubs. I still dont feel overly confident that the reds offense will score many runs vs a lefty... But i also think if cueto has control issues again we could see a good amount of runs by the cubbies tonight. At times cueto looks like he has found his rhythm but then when there are two outs, the wheels have been falling off a lot for him so far this season. Him and volquez are basically in the same boat, they look good and have good control then it just goes to shit for a few batters..

Phillips, Agon, Hernandez, edwin all would struggle in a softball game right now getting base hits, but at some point you gotta think phillips gets going and gonzo has show some life lately getting good wood on the ball but just hitting it right at guys.. but anyways i still like the over tonight for the sheer fact i think the cubs can do some damage vs johnny and with his control issues we could be in the pen by the 5th inning

cueto's expectations from last yr have dropped more than bank of america's stock price. only play for me is angels. gl with your hovas

Zip, I think we share the same thought that the Cubs are gonna make this happen. Cueto doesn't see the 6th and the pen can easily get rocked. Reds might just need to chip in 2-3 to get it.

Zip, I think we share the same thought that the Cubs are gonna make this happen. Cueto doesn't see the 6th and the pen can easily get rocked. Reds might just need to chip in 2-3 to get it.

Yea I agree. As a reds fan I hope cueto is looking sharp tonight but just seeing him the first few starts he hasnt completely got things going yet. I think the one thing everyone doesnt realize is cueto shot up through the minors and pitched very little in AAA so this guy is still learning how to pitch consistently in the bigs... he has really good stuff its just a matter of him settling down.. he gets too excited sometimes and if you want him when he gets two outs he starts to get a little wild

I like the Jays and Philly overs.

Only thing that will hinder the Reds/Cubs total is that Rhodes and Weathers will most assuredly pitch today and those two both have 0.00 ERA and are more than capable of locking down for 2 innings. Wind direction and Cueto are going to be the deciding factor in that total. Reds can't hit shit lately but maybe they buck the trend and get lucky today.

Hile, I think a marlins play would be solid today as I think maholm is good but not .87 era good...furthermore the pirates do not have the killer instict to sweep a series this early in the season, I fully expect the marlins to beat the buccos today and many runs to be scored.

Back