Wednesday Injuries of note - please update with any news

redbearde

Pretty much a regular
BRENDAN HAYWOOD left the game on Tuesday with a sprained ankle, and he is questionable for Wednesday.

Hawks

Salim Stoudamire G Ques Wed - Ankle - 11/20/07

He missed Tuesday's game against the Spurs with an ankle injury.

Lorenzen Wright C Ques Wed - Groin - 11/19/07

He has missed his last nine games as he struggles with a sore groin.

Tyronn Lue G Doub Wed - Groin - 11/20/07

He missed Tuesday's game against the Spurs with a groin injury.

Acie Law G Doub Wed - Ankle - 11/19/07

He has not played since spraining his left ankle on Nov. 14. He is wearing a protective boot and there is no timetable for his return.

Pistons

Antonio McDyess F Prob Wed - Shoulder - 11/17/07

He is expected to return from a shoulder injury and play Wednesday against the Knicks.

Grizzlies

Darko Milicic F Ques Wed - Thumb - 11/19/07

He left their Nov. 16 game with a thumb injury. X-rays were negative but he has not played in the team's last two games.

Mike Conley Jr. G Out indefinitely - Shoulder - 11/20/07

He will miss a minimum of 2-3 weeks after a tear of his posterior labrum in his right shoulder was discovered.

Timberwolves

Sebastian Telfair G Ques Wed - Personal - 11/19/07

He left practice on Monday after he learned that his maternal grandmother had died. His status for Wednesday is uncertian.

Nets

Vince Carter F Ques Wed - Ankle - 11/11/07

He is making a steady recovery from his sprained ankle. He'll probably be a game-time call Wednesday against the Trailblazers.

Hornets

Tyson Chandler F Ques Wed - Knee - 11/19/07

He left Monday's game against Orlando after he hyper extended his right knee.

Chris Paul G Doub Wed - Ankle - 11/19/07

He twisted his ankle in their Nov. 16 game. He had it taped up and returned to the game. However, he was limping afterwards and has missed the last two games as a result.

maybe marbury is out too . they are family and i heard somewhere
that he may miss the detroit trip......but it's the knicks....will it matter ?
or maybe they'll play better.......

Raptors

Jorge Garbajosa F Doub Wed - Leg - 11/20/07

He did not play Tuesday against the Mavs because of something unusual seen in an MRI of his left leg.

seems to me there's no reason he'd play against the Grizz.

Bullets

Brendan Haywood C Ques Wed - Ankle - 11/20/07

He left Tuesday's game against the 76ers with a sprained left ankle and did not return.

Gilbert Arenas G Doub Wed - Knee - 11/19/07

He sat out Monday's practice to rest his left knee and did not play Tuesday against the 76ers. He may miss Wednesday's game as well.

maybe marbury is out too . they are family and i heard somewhere
that he may miss the detroit trip......but it's the knicks....will it matter ?
or maybe they'll play better.......

not sure that line is capable of moving without bets moving it...it's awfully damned high...I think it likely won't matter much to the knicks whether Marbury plays or not.

'an_horse'

Jazz

Deron Williams G day-to-day - Toe - 11/20/07

He missed practice on Tuesday to have minor surgery on an ingrown toe nail. He should not miss any time.

Mehmet Okur C day-to-day - Back - 11/20/07

He is suffering from a back injury but should be available for the team's next game.

Carlos Boozer F day-to-day - Personal - 11/20/07

The Jazz do not play again until Friday, so he shouldn't be in much jeopardy of missing any games.

The ingrown toenail explains a lot about Deron's problems thus far this year. I get them, and it's fucking irritating as hell.

when i was flipping thru the channels earlier, i thought i saw antonio daniels on the bench with some kind of ankle injury, but i see he logged 31 minutes so apparently everything is cool?

Love these threads Red.

I'm guessing Vince Carter is playing tonight based on some quick line movement in POR.

Paul in, Chandler out against Pacers

Posted by [URL="http://blog.nola.com/hornetsbeat/about.html"]Teddy Kider, The Times-Picayune[/URL] November 21, 2007 11:44AM

Categories: Hornets
Hornets point guard Chris Paul, who missed the last two games with a sprained right ankle, is expected to start Wednesday night at home against the Indiana Pacers. Center Tyson Chandler, who hyperextended his right knee Monday night against Orlando, is not expected to play.
Hilton Armstrong will replace Chandler in the starting lineup, coach Byron Scott said Wednesday morning.

The ingrown toenail explains a lot about Deron's problems thus far this year. I get them, and it's fucking irritating as hell.

Unlike Vince Carter who would be out for 2 months with a toenail.. you come to play every day :cheers:

well, my ingrown toenail doesn't affect my typing so much as it might affect Deron's cuts and jumpers.

NBA Fastbreak just mentioned the possibility of Stephon Marbury being out.

Our own spockgato brought us the speculation first.

:shake:

http://blog.nola.com/hornetsbeat/2007/11/paul_in_chandler_out_against_p.html

Paul in, Chandler out against Pacers
Posted by Teddy Kider, The Times-Picayune November 21, 2007 11:44AM
Categories: Hornets

Hornets point guard Chris Paul, who missed the last two games with a sprained right ankle, is expected to start Wednesday night at home against the Indiana Pacers. Center Tyson Chandler, who hyperextended his right knee Monday night against Orlando, is not expected to play.

Hilton Armstrong will replace Chandler in the starting lineup, coach Byron Scott said Wednesday morning.

Yea Chandler can send me the 80 bucks he cost me last game as well while hes at it.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2007/11/chat_today_at_2_pm.html

. . . If you read my story in today's paper you know that Gilbert Arenas did not make the trip last night and his status for this weekend's games (home against Golden State Friday night and at Memphis on Saturday night) remains up in the air.

Basically, Gilbert didn't feel right on that left knee after Friday's game in Minneapolis (when he helped put the Wolves way with three straight jumpers during a big fourth quarter run) and feels that he needs to take some time to get it right. I asked him last night whether he was thinking about taking several games off and he said he was thinking about it, especially because the team has won five straight to dig itself out of that 0-5 hole. . . .

Arenas did not travel to Charlotte for tonight's game.

Skiles on Tyrus Thomas....

Skiles rips Thomas' laziness

November 21, 2007
BY JOHN JACKSON jjackson@suntimes.com

DENVER -- Bulls coach Scott Skiles has said repeatedly the reasons for his team's prolonged shooting slump are mental.

But when asked before the Bulls faced the Nuggets on Tuesday why Tyrus Thomas' playing time had been reduced in the previous two games -- he played less than 22 minutes combined against the Los Angeles Clippers and Lakers -- Skiles cited the second-year forward's effort.

''We ask [Thomas] to sprint the floor,'' Skiles said. ''To my knowledge, in his career, he hasn't done it one time -- not one time. You guys, sit and watch the game tonight. If he gets in there, is he jogging or is he sprinting the floor?

''I've got to not only look for, especially young guys, can someone help me win a game tonight and balance that against trying to get him to be a high, high-level player. He's not going to be if he doesn't do that one thing. If he did that, that's about all he has to do -- change ends like a train.

''We have not been able to get him to do that.''

Because of his athleticism, Skiles believes Thomas would get numerous easy baskets if he focused on running hard and beating other big men down the court.

''He's leaving an awful lot on the table by not doing that,'' Skiles said. ''With our guys, the way we kick it ahead and when we're open take the early jump shot, if you're running down the middle, there's rebounds, tip-ins, nobody's boxing you out.

''He knows it. We show him on film. We go over and over and over it. It's just something we've got to get him to do somehow.''

Whether the message is getting through is the issue -- and judging by Thomas' reaction to the comments, it may not be.

''It's as simple as that,'' he said. ''You got the answer from the man making the calls. I don't know what you want me to say.''

''I'm not not playing him to penalize him for that,'' Skiles said. ''We played great in the Clipper game, and I didn't see any reason to disrupt the lineup. It's nothing punitive.''

Skiles' comments obviously didn't jump-start Thomas, who had no points or rebounds and two turnovers in 11 minutes against the Nuggets.

Garbajosa is out indefinitely

Raptors ask Garbajosa to sit down for a while
MRI on weekend a concern to team doctors
Nov 21, 2007 01:06 PM
Dave Feschuk

DALLAS – The Raptors placed Jorge Garbajosa on the inactive list Tuesday night so that team doctors can further investigate the results of an MRI on the Spanish forward's injured left leg.

"The doctors saw something (on the MRI). They are not sure what it is," said Garbajosa Tuesday night. "So until we know what's going on there, just to prevent (further injury) I am going to rest for a while."

Garbajosa has been trying to regain his form since his left fibula was fractured and his ankle severely damaged in a March fall in Boston. He went against the advice of team doctors and played in September's European championships, but only after the Spanish basketball federation forked over a reported $1 million (all figures U.S.) for an insurance policy on Garbajosa's contract that expires Nov. 30. It's thought that insuring the approximately $8 million that remains on his deal after that date will be prohibitively expensive for the club.

"I don't care about the insurance," said Garbajosa, who is under contract through next season. "The problem for me now, and for the team ... is if I can be healthy, if I can play, if I can practice. It's not about insurance. Insurance is just money. We have to take care of more important things."

A Saturday MRI, the second scheduled such test he'd undergone since returning from training camp in Europe, revealed an area of concern to team doctors.

"They are not sure if it is something important or if it is nothing," said Garbajosa. "I think they have to talk with some experts and they will arrive to know what is happening."

Earlier Tuesday Garbajosa, who hadn't seen the court in two of the past three games, appeared in good spirits, joking with teammates and even throwing down a couple of dunks as the morning shootaround wrapped up. But each time he dunked, he made a pronounced effort to land on his right leg, only touching down with his left after the impact had been absorbed.

"I am upset because I would like to play," said Garbajosa, 29, sitting in the locker room in street clothes as his teammates suited up for Tuesday night's game with the Mavericks. "The thing that I love the most is to play basketball. I cannot do it for at least (Tuesday and Wednesday).

"I'm not saying at all that the doctors aren't right. The doctors are doing a great job since the beginning. But they asked me two days ago what I feel, and I said I feel the same that I feel now. I don't feel any pain. But that doesn't mean in the future maybe I (won't) have problems. We have to be very careful about it."

TJ Ford's stinger injury probably not a big issue.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=nba&id=934

T.J. Ford reportedly suffered a "stinger" in Tuesday's loss to the Mavericks.
He left in the second half, but says the injury isn't that serious. "Josh (Howard) exploded into me and I took the full hit," Ford said. "It's not that serious...There's a pain and a tingling feeling in my left arm. It's calmed down right now. We'll see how it responds (Wednesday)."

Back