Wednesday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
May 24 Wed 2023

Yanks continue to be overrated or o’s underrated, not sure which but I’ll be on balty with the plus money. I think the pitch clock has taken something away from Cortes who all about funky delivery and messing w hitters timing.

Paxton has looked like the dude who pitched for seattle years ago. No clue how long he can stay healthy but at the moment it’s the best dude has looked in 5 years. He averaging over 96 on his heat, he not gonna be easy to hit.

Did Gallen 1st 5 -130

Can't play on the Snakes' pen going for a sweep on the road, if Gallen pitches 7 innings (which I expect after he got shelled last outing) AZ better be up by more than a couple runs to polish it off.

Did Gallen 1st 5 -130

Can't play on the Snakes' pen going for a sweep on the road, if Gallen pitches 7 innings (which I expect after he got shelled last outing) AZ better be up by more than a couple runs to polish it off.

I’m a little pessimistic about him today, I was in pit also and turned out to be a wise move to leave him alone. Philly stacked with lefties in lineup today, not that he can’t get them out, he actually been better overall vs them (great against both). I’m not gonna make it to Illinios for these day games anyways so no reason for me to worry much about. Gonna just try and find a few W’s in the night slate. Hope you cash it!

So Is Kopech starting to figure out this starter thing? This the 3rd start out of last 4 the results starting to match the very good stuff. I was starting to get on board but then he had a 6 walk clunker last time out! He mowing down a Cleveland team who obviously not great offensively but also not a huge strikeout team.

Kikuchi ov 4.5 k’s

This dude can be frustrating but as inconsistent he can be what has been consistent throughout his career is he been fantastic vs tampa and in particular they seem to struggle with his splitter as that pitch rates incredibly high in all his starts vs the rays. 5 k’s for him is nothing but a matter of not running his pitch count up w walks, he could get this in 3 innings, it should be a slam dunk if he goes 5.

I didn’t play it but kinda wishing I woulda. Cards Ff inning tt is freaking 3.5, I think they will struggle way more with lively than they did Ashcraft, doesn’t much matter I think Ashcraft a way better pitcher, lively has a pretty good slider he will throw a lot, my guess is he holds cards bats in check for 5 innings. They might score 2-3 but 4? I don’t buy it.

It’s seriously baffling to me cards Ff yesterday was 2.5 and now it 3.5 today. I swear they can be so wrong bout this team. Doesn’t even matter what happens it just flat out wrong to expect more runs thru 5 innings today than yesterday, it’s like they don’t even pay attention!!

Did Gallen 1st 5 -130

Smart! Glad I stayed away, gallen wasn’t really that great, they hung that 17.5 out total without much juice, just screamed to be skeptical, Phils lineup looked like it could be tough to navigate and for whatever reason he doesn’t seem to like pitching in Pennsylvania!

Not positive when the pitcher for the Jays gets a mound visit one out into the 3rd inning

Kikuchi ov 4.5 k’s

This dude can be frustrating but as inconsistent he can be what has been consistent throughout his career is he been fantastic vs tampa and in particular they seem to struggle with his splitter as that pitch rates incredibly high in all his starts vs the rays. 5 k’s for him is nothing but a matter of not running his pitch count up w walks, he could get this in 3 innings, it should be a slam dunk if he goes 5.
Well it got there

Not sure how lol, he did everything he could to get run in the 4th and his curves in the fifth were all at the top of the zone but fuck it, great call!

Not positive when the pitcher for the Jays gets a mound visit one out into the 3rd inning

I can’t believe this jap fuck got us 5! I’ll take it, easily the worst start he has ever had vs rays. I thought it lined up pretty good with him pretty much sucking the last 2 games it generally bout time for him to have a solid outing and his history with these guys been fantastic. He wasn’t good early but had 3 after 2 innings so I felt ok but then he didn’t punch out anyone the 3rd-4th, I wasn’t even sure they were gonna let him pitch the 5th and he comes thru with 2!! Kinda lucky but all the ones I miss by one k I shoulda cashed I’ll take it.

Well it got there

Not sure how lol, he did everything he could to get run in the 4th and his curves in the fifth were all at the top of the zone but fuck it, great call!

Lol, it was awful but I’ll take a lucky one. Yea, all his shit was up most the game, I didn’t even think they were gonna let him pitch the 5th, lol.

Reactions: KJ
I passed on lively who cashed easy, not to mention cards Ff under, the gambling gods took pity on me with Kikuchi.

I can’t believe this jap fuck got us 5! I’ll take it, easily the worst start he has ever had vs rays. I thought it lined up pretty good with him pretty much sucking the last 2 games it generally bout time for him to have a solid outing and his history with these guys been fantastic. He wasn’t good early but had 3 after 2 innings so I felt ok but then he didn’t punch out anyone the 3rd-4th, I wasn’t even sure they were gonna let him pitch the 5th and he comes thru with 2!! Kinda lucky but all the ones I miss by one k I shoulda cashed I’ll take it.
I simply will have a hard time fading the Rays offense at home going forward until something changes. They've proven to be the nuts in Tampa for a good part of the season now, it's beyond a fluke start to the season.

I simply will have a hard time fading the Rays offense at home going forward until something changes. They've proven to be the nuts in Tampa for a good part of the season now, it's beyond a fluke start to the season.

Yea I agree they legit, there more than enough swing and miss to play some k props tho and Kikuchi had killed them w his splitter but I hardly even saw him throw that, hardly anything was at bottom the zone. Bottom 4 in the order have super high k rates so if you can get a pitcher who gets thru order 2-3x they gonna strike out.

I’m a idiot not playing cards Ff under, I seriously didn’t even notice it was 3.5 till I left Illinios. I knew they wernt scoring 4 runs on lively!

It’s like clockwork when cards see a guy with a decent slider arenado and Contreras will look stupid multiple at bats. Those are the 2 worst when it comes to that down and away slider, looks like they swinging w their eyes closed.

I was wondering, looked like just a tiny little dot on radar for them to still not be playing!
I put a small bet tailing wire on under with the Grand Salami and it looks favorable right now but that one rain out is the bullshit that can ruin a full day of following it.

I put a small bet tailing wire on under with the Grand Salami and it looks favorable right now but that one rain out is the bullshit that can ruin a full day of following it.

Yea that def annoying. Unless more popped up it really just looked like a tiny little storm on radar. They should get it all in.

Yea that def annoying. Unless more popped up it really just looked like a tiny little storm on radar. They should get it all in.
I pretty much believe that forecasting the weather is just as important as forecasting the totals. It's double the work to bet that thing.

I pretty much believe that forecasting the weather is just as important as forecasting the totals. It's double the work to bet that thing.

It really the biggest reason I never have messed with. I’ve known a few guys who been pretty good with it but just too big a headache for me.

Reactions: KJ
Jeez, Senga back to walking tons of ppl, Mets really need to keep him on a more consistent schedule, no clue why they swapped him out yesterday and instead had him pitch today but he seems to do better w walks when he pitches every 5th day, the times he been on 6+ have been high walk games.

See if the Red Sox offense can muster at least a freaking run or 2 for paxton. I instantly kinda regretted not playing paxton k’s or halo’s Ff under instead of playing Sox Ff, these fuckers havnt hit anything all week!

Wells would be pitching great if it wasn’t for 2 damn guys in yanks lineup, one of them being freaking kiner-falefa Of all ppl! Dude never hits and has a triple and a bomb.

Jfc Red Sox, how you miss a 88 mph fastball down the freaking middle with a guy on 3rd less than 2 outs? This team really pissing me off. I could hit 88 down the pipe. Maybe not far but far enough to get the damn runner home!

Back