Wednesday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 13 Wed 2022

Some pretty interesting looking dogs today. Hope they all look good when I’m done capping them!

Almost positive I won’t be playing a side but can’t wait to watch muts/Phillies today with max vs Nola!!

Some pretty interesting looking dogs today. Hope they all look good when I’m done capping them!

Almost positive I won’t be playing a side but can’t wait to watch muts/Phillies today with max vs Nola!!
Mets vs any NL East team is almost always great television especially with Gary, Keith and Ron.

Did not realize we had so many early starts today. Damn. Wasn’t ready for that as just sitting down to look at card. Lol

ended up playing A’s and jays ml’s. Couple pitchers that got knocked around in 1st start, surely 1 of them be better, lol. I’d happily take a split.

Is it just me or have the big spinners (SP) gone back to or kept sucking from last year?

Cole and Darvish are having problems. Anyone remember the big losers from last year?

(Went against cole tonight)

Is it just me or have the big spinners (SP) gone back to or kept sucking from last year?

Cole and Darvish are having problems. Anyone remember the big losers from last year?

(Went against cole tonight)
I absolutely hate the Yankees, so I hate Cole, but he didn't suck tonight. Vladdy's 2nd home run was unbelievable and I'm not sure anyone else in the league could have done that

EDIT - also, maybe they're right about these pitchers actually needing that spring training time to get the arms loose. Guess we'll see

I absolutely hate the Yankees, so I hate Cole, but he didn't suck tonight. Vladdy's 2nd home run was unbelievable and I'm not sure anyone else in the league could have done that
That wasn't an only Cole suggestion, a lot of pitchers lost spin rate. I did some research and a bunch of them are pitching tmmw.

Back to Cole, he was a Cy Young pitcher with the cheating. Now without the spin rate, we'll say he's above average. When he plays powerhouse lineups aka BOS & TOR, he has problems. You're getting Cy young pricing (-160) on a -140 pitcher. Value, it's what I like.

Edit: hyperbole

Last edited:
That wasn't an only Cole suggestion, a lot of pitchers lost spin rate. I did some research and a bunch of them are pitching tmmw.

Back to Cole, he was a Cy Young pitcher with the cheating. Now without the spin rate, we'll say he's slightly above average. When he plays powerhouse lineups aka BOS & TOR, he has problems. You're getting Cy young pricing (-160) on a -125 pitcher. Value, it's what I like.
I feel you on that 100%

Back to Cole, he was a Cy Young pitcher with the cheating. Now without the spin rate, we'll say he's above average. When he plays powerhouse lineups aka BOS & TOR, he has problems. You're getting Cy young pricing (-160) on a -140 pitcher. Value, it's what I like.

Edit: hyperbole

I agree completely. I think losing the sticky effected him as much as anyone, remember he wasn’t all that great until houston taught him that!, I was saying the exact same thing to a friend of mine yesterday bout how he priced compared to the reality of what he now is.

Back