ALCANTARA
gibsonk
ryanj
manoah
mcclanahan
keuchel
arihara
manning

This is brutal. I was thinking we had a chance a few days ago. Now this. Smh.
Yeah, the 6 losses in a row, especially all those 1-run cubs games put us in great position.

Needed just 10-15 to end year.

Now, need 8-15 to end.

Two Cincy series with one Philly. You gotta hope sweeps there, maybe a random win.

Really comes down to the Nats, Marlins and Cubs series... Need them to be under .500 in those.

ALCANTARA looks like a great opportunity to jump off the Rich Hill bandwagon after he finally had a good start vs questionable WSH motivation. Diaz continues to be a major concern even if NYM has a lead late, they're playing better but road favorites has me contemplating MIA. Not a lot of great arms in the MIA pen, but they can get it done. MIA lineup getting outscored 2-1 would be a fitting result as I've been on the end of that exact type of game with Alcantara as a home dog, feel like when it wins i'll kick myself but when i play it and lose 1-0 i'll be v disappointed

gibsonk pitches to contact but has survived that for years. MIL still doesn't have a lineup i like very much but depth is there and the bullpen is great. PHI doesn't compare there, but MIL may need to use a lot considering Peralta's arm issue. Can't imagine he'd start if he wasn't healthy, but only giving 2 IP and having to K his way out of both of them makes me think he's not sharp tonight either. 53 pitches last time suggests an 80 max if i were a betting man, might mean MIL pen has to cover 5 though they are about as fresh as can be. Current odds suggest 41.15% likelihood of a PHI win and i'm not sure it's correct nor that i want to jump in on gibson

ryanj has some good prospect hype and Colome has been solid lately. Would argue the MIN lineup is stronger than CLE even after trading away some of the power, but McKenzie has been really hot and has always had great Ks while fixing his walk issues. Probably not enough faith in Ryan, Colome worked b4b which is pretty unheard of even when a guy is rolling so maybe his day off is finally today

manoah had a great debut start @ NYY and has a bad start to bounceback from here. He did that a few starts ago, expect Gil to have some trouble with TOR lineup despite the great start to his MLB career. His recent MILB numbers are not as dominant, but are fine. Loaisaga on the IL has mixed things up, but everyone will be available while only Mayza looks like a question for TOR. I guess this one depends on whether we can back the streak clearly going against NYY and if this is a play if you consider this game a coinflip since it's priced 48% = only 2% variance

mcclanahan is another situation to fade the team on a bad run, though BOS has been dead since the AS break. Wisler activated today adds another bullpen arm to that incredibly deep TB bullpen, McC hasn't been great lately but has all the metrics you could ever want and TB is the best team in the league. Dogged to Eovaldi who has gotten hit harder than I expected this year, lots of bullets used by that arm over the years. BOS has nobody to close games, feel bad for Cora but the team was overplaying its ability and then came crashing down to earth yet still thinks it is in the race

keuchel price is insane considering OAK bullpen is dead and Montas is a regular customer to the blown save. CHW dealing with plenty of injuries, but they are the better team and the price is massive if Keuchel can survive pitching to contact against a decent OAK lineup. There's power there, but not a lot of it and there's not a lot of consistency, plus the massive park Keuchel can use even if he's a groundball guy. He certainly hasn't been pretty lately, but a tie game or close one when he exits still makes a +152 shot feel worth it with the likely OAK collapse late

arihara yuge price to go against recently returned Luke Weaver. He's definitely the better pitcher, but he's had so many problems over the years and ARI is the worst team in the league most likely? TEX been playing pretty well lately, also don't have Clippard to worry about closing since he's on a COVID IL (could come back today if it's not bad but figure he's not pitching anyway if he's activated)

manning is likely to get blasted and PIT has taken the first two in this series, but bad team as a favorite simply cuz they are playing at home has long been a profitable fade. PIT good pen worked b2b so may not be available here, DET looks fine so that's a major boon late

Back