leans from the BOL open:
CIN -115: Barksdale
LAD o6.5: Morales
HOU +154: Nelson
CLE -135/o7.5: Hamari
BOS -118
LAA +115: Emmel
COL o10: Conroy

grabbed COL o10, hoping to get a little more on LAA and think Cosart with a big K-zone like Nelson's is the time to back him though who knows with that bullpen/getting 1 out last start/if HOU somehow wins tonight and then this would be betting them to sweep SEA

thoughts on how LAA will move? getting closer to grabbing +115 now

Posted this in the umps thread and it realized it should have been here. Sorry.

Keep waiting for VanOVER to show up and be does. Day game in Oakland usually results in the ball flying a bit farther. Really like Sonny Gray (on 2 of my fantasy teams). Like Perez right now as well. Still lean over as I think the pens will give up a few. Right now seeing 7-1/2 ov +105. Think this may fall to 7 and if it does, I'll likely grab it.

Harang-a-tang coming off a 121-pitch outing. Does the ole 'fade the pitcher after he throws a no-hitter' angle apply to Harang here? In all seriousness, that line is silly. Eovaldi consistently sits 95-98 with his power fastball and mixes in a plus slide-piece. Wish I could teach that fugger how to throw a circle-change. Same goes to Sonny Gray who basically dominates with his 4/2 fastballs and a plus hammer curve. It's hard to fathom how these two haven't been able to develop their change-ups into plus offerings but they can throw FILTHY breaking stuff. Give these two cats a second off-speed plus offering ie a changeup and they will be dominant for years.

Posted this in the umps thread and it realized it should have been here. Sorry.

Keep waiting for VanOVER to show up and be does. Day game in Oakland usually results in the ball flying a bit farther. Really like Sonny Gray (on 2 of my fantasy teams). Like Perez right now as well. Still lean over as I think the pens will give up a few. Right now seeing 7-1/2 ov +105. Think this may fall to 7 and if it does, I'll likely grab it.

like Sonny too, have him on one of mine, but he's not perfect by any means and there are some bats in that depleted TEX lineup now missing Choo. Agree the daytime is the only time you can play overs there, still not sure about Larry compared to what we've discussed early in the season with his K-zone and your statement here makes it sound like he's staying with the under K-zone he's had previously? Not gloating, just curious what you think because the umps who change their stripes rail me like no other

Harang-a-tang coming off a 121-pitch outing. Does the ole 'fade the pitcher after he throws a no-hitter' angle apply to Harang here? In all seriousness, that line is silly. Eovaldi consistently sits 95-98 with his power fastball and mixes in a plus slide-piece. Wish I could teach that fugger how to throw a circle-change. Same goes to Sonny Gray who basically dominates with his 4/2 fastballs and a plus hammer curve. It's hard to fathom how these two haven't been able to develop their change-ups into plus offerings but they can throw FILTHY breaking stuff. Give these two cats a second off-speed plus offering ie a changeup and they will be dominant for years.

Can't blame you, I'm hoping Harang keeps it up so I can fade the shit out of him when he goes to the small/over parks like PHI/MIL/CIN/CHC/COL/ARI then hopefully double back and play him in SD/SF/MIA/NYM/LAD

As for the fish, nice win last night but they are not a good offense so I'm not sure I'd trust them to do too much damage. Gonna need Eovaldi to stay away from the HR (cuz that's the only way ATL scores), which is doable and Cishek had a pretty easy outing last night

like Sonny too, have him on one of mine, but he's not perfect by any means and there are some bats in that depleted TEX lineup now missing Choo. Agree the daytime is the only time you can play overs there, still not sure about Larry compared to what we've discussed early in the season with his K-zone and your statement here makes it sound like he's staying with the under K-zone he's had previously? Not gloating, just curious what you think because the umps who change their stripes rail me like no other

Watched Vanover's last 2 behind the dish - his zone is tiny this year. Maybe it expands or someone says something to him, but from what I've seen, he is not giving anything close to the pitchers. Until that changes, I'll pound the over with him behind the dish. Still sitting at 7-1/2 ov +105 so I'm still waiting and watching that number. Hope to see it hit 7 when the lineups are released.

For the record, Eovaldi owned the Braves twice in Atlanta last season. In 15 combined innings of scoreless work, he allowed just 8 hits and punched out 14.

Got what I was looking for - over 7 -115 Oakland/Texas. Pure play on Vanover frustrating the shit out of these 2 pitchers; making them throw more strikes thus more hits and more runs. Nice sunny day here in Oakland won't hurt either.

For the record, Eovaldi owned the Braves twice in Atlanta last season. In 15 combined innings of scoreless work, he allowed just 8 hits and punched out 14.

0.6 HR/9 is a nice thing to see, i can't back the Fish after the price drop and how bad that offense is

BTW, all you cappers who played the under in Atlanta last night. You should frame your ticket. That was an amazingly pitched game by two studs.

leans from the BOL open:
CIN -115: Barksdale
HOU +154: Nelson
CLE -135/o7.5: Hamari
BOS -118
LAA +115: Emmel

updated leans:
CLE o7: Hamari
LAA +113: Emmel
CHW +182: BWelke

Going back to LY Dodgers 0-6 L6 at home versus lefty with an average of 1.3 runs scored. Average margin of victory (loss) 3.3 runs. Gabe Morales was scared to punch anyone out last game though. And a few Dodgers errors might be the difference in an O/U result. Dodgers 1-6-1 L8 O/U.

Greinke is 14-3 SU (team's record) at Dodger Stadium and 10-1 (team's record) at home on 4 days rest. Opponents averaged 2.2 rpg in those 17 games.

just noticed we were both on the col over; always nice when you can cash a bet in the 3rd inning...looks like you're recovering from your bad streak gw
i had the damn col over 2 days ago that lost by 1/2 run after 8 runs were scored through 3 innings, that pissed me off

just noticed we were both on the col over; always nice when you can cash a bet in the 3rd inning...looks like you're recovering from your bad streak gw
i had the damn col over 2 days ago that lost by 1/2 run after 8 runs were scored through 3 innings, that pissed me off

i was probably starting to annoy people and i'm trying to not be stuckey-like with my complaining, but it was pretty bad. Somehow went 4-16 to fall from 6-4 to 10-20 YTD yet only -8u so time to move back up. Just hope I feel as happy with my wagers for the rest of the season as I did at the start

Now people talk me off CHW +175, that's probably the closest to a play while LAA/CLE o/LAD o are unlikely

PITTSBURGH is 48-34 (+14.1 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.

GREINKE is 12-1 (+11.1 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)

BALTIMORE is 90-67 (+29.1 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 3 seasons.

CHI WHITE SOX are 5-19 (-14.4 Units) against the money line in road games against left-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.

BOSTON is 54-27 (+22.4 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.

this 100th loserdom anniversary game is about as close to perfect of an example as you can get for this franchise...flubs blow a 3-run lead in the 9th and kids are crying in the stands...i couldn't think of a better anniversary game for this joke of a franchise, stadium, and fan base to experience. if only there were a wrecking ball to reduce the hideous stadium to rubble after the final out.

File this one away for later date..

ARIZONA is now 15-5 against the money line in road games after 3 or more consecutive losses over the last 3 seasons.

this 100th loserdom anniversary game is about as close to perfect of an example as you can get for this franchise...flubs blow a 3-run lead in the 9th and kids are crying in the stands...i couldn't think of a better anniversary game for this joke of a franchise, stadium, and fan base to experience. if only there were a wrecking ball to reduce the hideous stadium to rubble after the final out.

+1

I saw Cubbies up 5-2 and was working...said to my self...wouldnt it be fitting for them to blow it in the 9th...come back to desk, sure enough. 100th birthday for them and this...lol. How can you continue to be a fan?

File this one away for later date..

ARIZONA is now 15-5 against the money line in road games after 3 or more consecutive losses over the last 3 seasons.

based on their record this year we may have a bunch of chances for this

yeah GW, already have this season and think we will see plenty of other spots for this in the very near future.

that was hilarious...almost as bad as spiwack from naked gun, except they didn't let him stay in the game

Sorry BU. didn't read that well.

no worries
they would have needed enrico palazzo today to get that over in oak; those hitters were completely useless...i have been watching vanover's games and still agree with you that he is squeezing the zone

I believe deportation is an option as well

remove him from the gene pool

...and fine guys I'll listen to your VanOVER theories I just don't get how these guys can change their spots from year to year (unless the MLB has spoken to them)

Back