Wednesday Buckets

brewer

Fan Club of any and everyone good!
Only four games with lines so far but here are thoughts ...

mo williams has been playing bad of late for milwaukee and the bucks been giving more time to ramon sessions at the pg spot. Im really not that big a supporter of his. why? see last night's play that sent the game to OT.
michael redd did his damage last night like i thought but derrick mason was no where to be found. he logges just 29 minutes of game time and it was Bobby Simmons coming out of the doghouse with a monster game at the SF spot instead for milwaukee.
From what i read right now both Caron and Agent 0 are not listed as being in the lineup for tonights game.
With Caron out that moves Jamison up from the PF spot and Blatche to the PF spot off the bench. Thinking Villanueva will exploit him there. Bogut is coming off a fine game last night and like him to do well vs Haywood down low.

Lean: Milk

Don't like what Delonte West or any cleveland pg for that matter brings to the table on a nightly basis. Felton on the other hand is a solid nba pg. The backcourt for Charlotte has the edge here tonight even more with the play Richardson has been putting forth of late. Dont see Brown slowing him down at all tonight.
Lebron been in a funk of late but with Wallace probable and his success vs Charlotte I'd expect him to come out of it tonight. Then again the Cavs really dont have much to play for but fending off #5 Washington (currently 3 games behind em).
Down low i see no advantage really. Would think Sideshow have the edge at PF and Mohhammed at C.
With the Cavs having really nothing to play for at this point and Charlotte having youth on their side and a home game id go with them and the plus pts at home. Especially, with Cleveland's road woes, the last 4 games in this series being decided by margins of 7, 7 (OT), 3 and 8 (OT) and the home team being 7-0 in their last 7 meetings.

Lean: Charlotte

My thoughts on toronto at atlanta are further down in this thread.

Lot of the things i saw coming in the Boston game last night happened and then there was Tyrus having one of his games where he plays at his highest level vs KG of all people. Sad he cant bottle that up and drink it before every game but he is still young. Even showed a bit of a post up game last night. :new_shocked:

Think this Boston number is right where it should be. Pierce will own Dunleavy. Perkins will have trouble with Foster. Other than that id expect the same out of both teams with of course Boston giving more time to its bench.

If it wasn't Boston's 3rd in 4, Indy on 1 days rest and April 2nd and Boston the best team in NBA id lean Boston.

Pass

Nawlins been on the road for some time now and been playing some great level of competition. Tonight it's lowly Miami. So easy win for nawlins? I dont think so. 1st best in the west vs 15th in east in April says dog comes to play.
Miami also is playing better defensively and its really no suprise with Wade now shut down with his injury(ies).
Miami ml has value imo because of this but im more interested in pts.

Lean: Miami

New York is 0-13 on the road vs the west this year and playing their 4th in 5 games tonight. Donnie Walsh is now their President. The later of those two has me questioning what is the Knicks mindset now here on out. Impress Donnie so you can stay or play like garbage so you can get out ...
Memphis has been giving time to their kids and from what i see in Mike Miller's playing time and the direction Memphis is taking Mike wont be around Memphis at the start of next year.
Like Conley vs Crawford tonight at the point. Im not really sure who is on who at SF and PF. Would think Lee would be on Warrick and Jeffries on Yag. Give Zach the edge vs Darko.
Dont care much for the Knicks motivated to beat Memphis because they lost to em at home by 14 earlier this year.
6 is too many with memphis.

Lean: NYK

6 down, 4 to go ... breakfast break

Last edited:
Deron will control the game tonight in SLC. While Foye is a serviceable guard hes a bit of a tweener imo and shouldnt really be running the show for any nba team on a full time basis. Price is very sound defensively and see Jaric sturggling at the 2 spot tonight. Brewer and Miles is a nice battle between two young nba sf's. Brewer had a solid game last night at the start but struggled down the stretch. Young nba players do that sort of thing and are pretty much night and day and cant be counted on for the most part. More of a fan of Brewer's game than Miles personally. Boozer well get his points and rebounds vs Gomes.
The difference in this matchup tonight between these two teams is the Jazz will have some offense that they will get out of the center spot to counter what Al Jeff does on a nightly basis. This also gives them more depth to throw at him throughout the game. That is the key to the Jazz win but 13 is a lot.

Lean: Minny

Everybody should know Golden St and Dallas by now. Golden st has mismatches all over the floor and is above .500.
Not worried at all about Golden St having played last night because of what Jpicks and Tuck pointed out yesterday about Nelson's ingame coaching decisions.
Howard has been playing extemely well since Dirk went down. He will help the Dallas effort tonight vs Jackson but in the end i just dont see Dallas winning here. They have 0 momentum atm but just watch them find a way on ESPN.

Pass

Mobley and Kaman both out for Clippers. Leaves em real thin in talent. Thornton will have his hands full with Collison down low. Maybe the move Gette to the 2 and Thornton to the 3 with injuries? Having Fazekas start at the 4?
I missed the boat on this line as it opened at -3.5 and its soon to keep going up as the books trying to balance action here with the news of the injury.

Pass

Fisher gutting it through a foot injury and Blake is a nice pg. Like Blake more than Fish here.
Webster is up and coming but Kobe is the best player on the Earth and playing well above it of late.
Like Outlaw vs Radman. Radman good for one thing ... perimeter shooting. Outlaw could simply do more things.
Aldridge vs LO will be fun to watch both. LO still a step or two above Marcus at this point.
Joel too big and talented for Ronny.
Kobe and Sasha will be too much in the end.

Lean: Lakers

bulls are done

did you figure out a new team yet? i might join as well

Rooting for the Suns to do well atm. Too many people knocked Shaq when they got him. One of the best PF + C combos I've seen watching nba.

Bulls still my team even tho there is zero reason to watch em right now. Hopefully, Stern treats us with a nice draft pick and Paxson stops shooting golf balls all summer and does some positives.

That Bucks line is horrible. Thought it should have been 7 or so w/out Butler. Grabbed the Bucks at 11. Only time the Bucks get their asses kicked is when Bogut doesn't play. He's the only inside presence on that squad.

brew, if I may...

You are saying that you do not see DAL winning tonight and yet you do not find value in +5 or +180 on GSW?

brew, if I may...

You are saying that you do not see DAL winning tonight and yet you do not find value in +5 or +180 on GSW?

It's the most obvious dog play on the board. Anyone could pick it. Im not a fan of those games. Especially, with the game being on ESPN.

Dallas is yet to beat a team above .500 since the Kidd trade and in the minds of the nba world cant match up with the warriors.

Their last meeting in Golden St is the only game that matters tho between these two teams the more i look at it. Kidd did faily well that game and the game was competitive. Howard has been on a tear of late he could take away Jackson.

I can see Dallas stepping up a level tonight and getting win #1 vs an above .500 team since Kidd trade.:shake:

That is what got me confused about the comment that you cannot see them win tonight even though if we go back on Howard performances without Dirk then they have been stellar some way back already and not just this short span here and he is capable of doing some damage here as Dallas matches up better against GSW without Dirk since it takes huge edge of Nelson on how to handle Dallas offense that goes solely through Dirk there.

Pau is supposed to play. quotes from him and Phil yesterday made it sound like he'd definitely play unless something unexpected went down, and he's been upgraded to probably on SI.

if he does play, Phil said he's gonna start.

Toronto and Atlanta pits two playoff bound teams together. Toronto looking for placing amongst a 5 to 7. While Atlanta is looking to hold on to the 8 spot.

The last 4 times these two have played its been toroto by dd (dating back to LY). The key in those 4 games is that Toronto had the advantage at both the PG and PF spots.

However, tonight the Hawks have Bibby for the first time vs this Toronto team. Calderon and Ford combine to make on the of the stonger pg tandems on any team. Bibby, however, is better than both. That is the key to tonight's game. The Hawks will now have the advantage at 4 spots on the court. The Raptors will have to over rely on Bosh tonight and the Atlanta defense will make it collectively tough on him.

Throw in the fact that Atlanta is 8-2 in their last 10 games, are solid at home and fending off Indy (3 games back) to hold the 8 spots and this looks above decent at second glance.

Get er done Mike Bibby.

Atlanta -2 -110 (4)

Charlotte is damn tempting but i cant find anything worth while to tease with. :(

GL man. I noticed you make plays thru ur analysis of kinda matching up each position and whichever team has the better individuals comes out. capping like this, imo leaves a lot of room for error ie: bench play, playing styles, coaching, rest, motivation, overall team play, team defense, and a possible 1 mismatch making all the difference. ie: Detroit stons owned every position against the cavs last yr but one, and that proved to be the difference in 6 st8 playoff games

^ I dont know if i would agree with just 1 spot. :) And the 1 you speak of is 2nd best player on Earth.

If you think i make plays just on how starters matchup you're mistaken. However, yes it is what i look to first.

Last edited:
i mean charlotte has one of the best starting 5s in the league, but their lack of bench and lack of team chemistry and defense is what makes them such a bad team, not the individual lack of talent

GL Brewer....hectic time right now so much shit going on...

NBA-
Memphis 1st H and game -7 -120 , 1st H over 108
Dallas 1st H and 1st Quarter
Bobcats 1st H +1.5

- Well Charlotte has been playing better and Cle is struggling maybe the late win vs Philly changes that but not sure since CHAR always plays them tight and they have playoff fantasies still. Cavs lost 6 straight away and 8 of 9 away.....plus past 3 in Charlotte in SU. Bobcats tend to start fast and fade..small shot on this one

-Memphis simply because they jumped on NY at the Garden and I cant see the Knicks focused here. The Walsh hiring I am sure has received attention from a disenchanted franchise but really NY is off OT loss and blowing an 11 pt lead to start the 4th quarter , playing 4th in 5 away with a hectic travel schedule(tor to atl to milw to memphis) ...number may seem high but remember Grizz were actually small favs @ MSG...and no defense should be played and Grizz can score..

-Dallas needs the win and GSW is B2B. Mavs tend to start fast and fade while GSW is the opposite of late. Mavs have the quick tunaround from Sundays loss. GSW playing 4 in 5 and 5 in 7 as well..

Alot of high totals as 8 of the 10 are 205 or better...

Mike Bibby hit a tying 3-pointer in regulation, Josh Smith made two in overtime, and the Atlanta Hawks beat the Toronto Raptors 127-120 on Wednesday night for their fifth straight victory.

He finished with 26, 6 and 12. Now that is fucking "Big Time".

1-0 +4

why on the days you hit i don't see your posts SN. seriously PM me haha. i hit some today too.

Mike Bibby hit a tying 3-pointer in regulation, Josh Smith made two in overtime, and the Atlanta Hawks beat the Toronto Raptors 127-120 on Wednesday night for their fifth straight victory.

He finished with 26, 6 and 12. Now that is fucking "Big Time".

1-0 +4

glad you hit that, but the Raps got ass raped. horrible job by the officals. in other news the bucks are pretty good when they give the ball to Bogut. Him and Jaric are the two most undercover guys that I pay attention to in regards to shitty teams. Jaric doesn't play and the TWolves lose by 20. Same story with Bogut and the Bucks.

glad you hit that, but the Raps got ass raped. horrible job by the officals. in other news the bucks are pretty good when they give the ball to Bogut. Him and Jaric are the two most undercover guys that I pay attention to in regards to shitty teams. Jaric doesn't play and the TWolves lose by 20. Same story with Bogut and the Bucks.

Just seen that after i checked boxscore when i got home on tv. Bout time one of them officials fucked up in my favor. :36_11_6:

Do you think Bogut will leave Milwaukee? I was kinda thinking he is.

Just seen that after i checked boxscore when i got home on tv. Bout time one of them officials fucked up in my favor. :36_11_6:

Do you think Bogut will leave Milwaukee? I was kinda thinking he is.

Not really sure on Bogut. I know he's been dissapointed with their team and coaching staff over the fact that they don't feed him the ball. Between Bell, Williams and Redd they all just shoot jumpers all day w/out getting the ball inside first. Seems like they've done alot better job with it over the last month though. That would be his primary reason for moving to a new team.

Back