Wednesday bases

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Cards (Looper) (-1) (2.02 @ Pinnacle) 7 units

Riding the Cards again, they're blazing hot right now with 4 consecutive wins and are looking to get back to .500 by next week.
They're playing some good baseball right now, their fielding has improved, and I'm seeing glimpses of their winning chemistry that brought them the world series last year.
I know Brendan Looper (8-8, 4.85 ERA) isn't the sharpest pitcher in the NL but he's coming off a solid outing against the Cubs (7 IP, 5 H, 1 ER) and will be facing a slumping, not so impressive Bucs lineup, who will probably miss Xavier Nady.
I just don't see nearly as many downsides to this bet to pull the plug, the Bucs are one of the least impressive teams in the NL, now even without Nady, going against a hot team on a mission.
I'll take Looper over Tony Armas any day of the week. Armas (0-3, 6.93 ERA ) was 0-3 with an 8.46 ERA in seven starts before moving to the bullpen, where he posted a 4.98 ERA in 13 appearances.

will add more shortly. :tiphat:

Marlins (Kim) (RL) (2.69 @ Pinnacle) 3 units

Most thoughts on this game go in Rockies' favor, but not mine, I'm on the home team here and on the RL. The thing is, Kim has pitched well lately under the radar (2-1 with a 3.23 ERA over his last five starts), he's still too prone to giving up too many walks and entering big holes, but if he pitches out of it, he's fine for the game usually. I've seen a lot of his games and I think he's an underrated pitcher at this point.
Colorado on the other hand could enter one of their big losing streaks right now when no one really expects them to. Yeah I'm aware the Rockies are still making a run for the playoffs and the Fish are a lost cause, but I can't help myself not to like them here, they're at home, and I think Fogg is overpriced. He can be solid but I'm thinking he could be out of sync a bit tonight after prolonged rest.

Seattle - LA Angels over 7.5 (1.90 @ Pinnacle) 7 units

I just love this one. First of, both pitchers have shown vulnerability against top lineups, as the case is here. Both lineups have more than enough firepower, and even though Felix has stepped up lately I still think the Halos can hurt him, their small ball is firing on all cylinders again and Felix, even though one of the top AL pitchers, will have trouble limiting them as efficiently as he limited the A's.
The M's on the other hand, were shut out last night, and will more than likely step up big for this one. I wouldn't put my hand in fire that they win the game, even though everyone seems to expect they will, but they should score at least 5. Facing Weaver who is coming off a few subpar starts means advantage M's bats in my book.
7.5 is really low, and I love this one.

That's it from me tonight guys, let's start August with a winning day.

:cheers:

Thanks guys.

Code:
Final
Colorado [B]3[/B]
Florida 4
1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	9
2	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	[B]1[/B]
2	0	0	1	1	0	0	0	X

:tiphat:
:an_roll_laugh:

MLB :whip: Satyr

Johjima doubled to deep left center, Ibanez and Beltre scored.

Go over you bums, don't want to get swept over here.

you never know with my luck bro, even though it is comforting to hear you like it :shake: :D.

I never had such a streak, every play that goes down the wire loses. There are also these blowout bets...combine the two, it's horrid.

I used to be 81-67 +90 units in baseball, since then I'm like (roughly) 40-67 -125 units...

How, I don't know...

Now that I think of it...I think I know why...

The spirit of bad Jeff Weaver entered my body, he began to pitch well and I started posting bad weaver like numbers...

Something to think about...

Call Mulder. Or even better.

Call Scully. :D

I'm sorry to see you're still hurting bro' but just hang on in there. This season seems to be really weird, probably the most upside-down season I've had since '02. You see, I think we may have similar problem so far:

a) on a day I don't bet on any game available but have leans - those leans actually win and I see that if I've played them - I'd be 5-2 for the day or sometimes even better (sweep!)

b) after having a few of those encouraging days with those (winning) leans, I actually go and play a few games with alot of confidence but when the games are over, I go like 0-3 or 1-4 for the day.

Gotta admit, it's really frustrating especially knowing how much time it takes to research every single game I like and write something decent about it on this board, only to see that I'm on the losing part when games are over (for most of the time).

In addition, sorry but I've just laughed hard the other day when I saw your reply in Hile's thread about him having a losing bet and you've been tailing him on it - it's funny because this season, I've tailed Hile's OU bets like 3 times and ALL 3 TIMES he lost LOL! Some weird stuff has been cast upon us my friend because this is just hilarious! LMAO!!!

P.S. I'll be back in the game on Saturday, maybe even on Friday so you can expect my call buddy. We'll get them, bookies better get ready to return our money and give us some more :) Beer and stuff ftw! ;)

:cheers:

Back