Wednesday at the Ballpark

Yanks27Sox9

CTG Partner
Well, went 1-1 on Tuesday (my first day of the new season)...up about a half a pack of cigarettes, lol. Peavy was great...the A's pen was not.
YTD: 1-1, +.03 of a unit

Anyways, got quite a few plays already made for Wednesday. I'm just gonna post them all, then come back with my thoughts. Freakin home comp is still worthless, so i'm staying at the office all damn night just to get stuff done.

LAD ML (-115) over MIL for 1 unit

AZ ML (+100) over COL for 3/4 unit

TX/LAA over 9 (-120) for 1 unit

BAL/MIN over 10 (-105) for 1 unit

CLE ML (-105) over CWS for 3/4 unit

OAK ML (-116) over SEA for 1 unit

Back with some thoughts on these six games in a minute.
BOL tomorrow.:cheers:

Westbrook doesn't treat chisox very well.. a solid play bro. I like Harden too. I see a big day from you bro.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Good luck Yanks!
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

thoughts on the games...

LAD @ MIL = Schmidt vs Suppan

Schmidt = 6-4 LT vs MIL, 3.24 ERA, 1.16 WHIP
Schmidt = 3-1 LT at MIL, 1.57 ERA, 0.80 WHIP
Suppan = 3-3 LT vs LAD, 3.98 ERA, 1.37 WHIP
Suppan = 16-21 LT in April, 4.32 ERA, 1.33 WHIP

Dodgers will be looking to avoid the sweep in this one. Not the way for a playoff contender to open the new season, even on the road...but especially against a team you've pretty much handled historically, going 36-17 in the L53 games against the Brewers before today's loss.

AZ @ COL = Davis vs Lopez

Davis = 1-1 LT vs COL, 2.77 ERA, 1.31 WHIP
Lopez = 0-2 LT vs AZ, 11.74 ERA, 1.96 WHIP
Lopez = 1-3 in April LY, 6.81 ERA, 1.57 WHIP

Lopez should enjoy a bit more success in the National League. That said, Arizona is one of my dark horses this year...definitely an improved, and improving, team. Anyhow, AZ typically enjoys a lot of success against COL. AZ is 10-4 in their L14 games against COL...and AZ is 8-2 in their L10 games in Colorado...before today's game.

TX @ LAA = McCarthey vs Santana

McCarthy = 0-0 LT vs ANA (relief), 4.26 ERA, 1.18 WHIP
McCarthy = LY vs ANA was at a 5.14 ERA & 1.29 WHIP
Santana = 3-2 LT vs TX, 6.88 ERA, 1.56 WHIP
Santana = LY vs TX was at a 6.00 ERA & 1.44 WHIP

Like this play a lot. The ball really flies at Angel Stadium during day games. The game should also get a little testy. Texas doesn't like continually getting beat by Vlad and the Halos, so they started throwing inside a bit much again tonight...a carry-over from last year. Just one more beaning tomorrow, and this could easily get outta hand pretty quick. Freakin pussies (ie: Padilla & CJ) the Rangers send to the hill just can't deal with getting knocked around by the Halos.
Anyhow, the Rangers send a converted reliever to the mound. And the Halos counter w/ Erwin, who doesn't fare well vs TX. Erwin also jsut got knocked all around Dodger Stadium in the 2 innings he lasted in his final spring tune-up.
Historically, this is an over match-up as well. The over is 7-2 in the L9 meetings in Anaheim...and the over is 11-5 in the L16 meetings overall...again, before tonight's over.

BAL @ MIN = Wright vs Ortiz

Wright = 5-2 LT vs MIN, 5.09 ERA, 1.58 WHIP
Wright = 0-2 in April LY, 7.20 ERA, 2.30 WHIP
Ortiz = 11-16 LY in the NL, 5.57 ERA, 1.54 WHIP
Ortiz = 11-15 LT in April, 4.83 ERA, 1.53 WHIP

I admit, this play is a flat out fade of 2 piece of shit journeymen pitchers...that i obviously detest. Wright is a joke, and the Twinkies should tee off on his batting practice stuff. Ramon Ortiz is jsut as bad. Remember him well from his early days w/ the Halos. Well, considering how he fared in the NL...he's in for a rude welcoming back to the AL, and the tougher lineups w/out the easy outs each time through them.
We saw 11 runs scored in the opener between these two teams...and that was with the respective aces on the mound. Talk about a mother fuckign drop off in quality, when you get down to the #3's. Anyways, overs come up quite frequently between these two teams...and the over is 4-1 in the L5 meetings, before this last game.

CLE @ CWS = Westbrook vs Garland

Westbrook = 3-0 vs CWS LY, 1.69 ERA, 0.94 WHIP
Westbrook = 7-7 LT vs CWS, with a 4.87 ERA
Garland = 1-1 vs CLE LY, 7.15 ERA, 1.76 WHIP
Garland = 7-10 LT vs CLE, with a 5.78 ERA

To be honest, what first drew me to this game was the line. Public seems to be on the home team pretty strong, yet the Tribe went to a -105. Considering last year, it's definitely a favorable SP matchup. Considering opening day, and the spanking the Tribe put on the White Sox, why the hell not take another shot. Tribe should be hungry this year.
And CLE is also 4-1 in the L5 meetings with CWS, dating back to the end of last year.

OAK @ SEA = Harden vs Batista

Harden = 4-1 LT vs SEA, 1.49 ERA, 0.94 WHIP
Harden = 5-2 LT in April, 3.68 ERA, 1.27 WHIP
Batista = 2-2 LT vs OAK, 5.72 ERA, 1.58 WHIP
Batista = 8-8 in April LT, 5.06 ERA, 1.60 WHIP

Going back at this one tomorrow. Same story as with the Dodgers. Playoff contender looking to avoid getting swept in their opening series...on the road, but against a team they've historically dominated.
We all know OAK's #'s from last year agaisnt the A's. Hasn't meant jack shit the first 2 games...but hopefully they can turn it around tomorrow, against a team they've gone 38-14 in their L52 games against.

OK. So that's my short info on the 6 games i've played already for tomorrow. 4 road MLs, though i played both AZ and CLE a bit lighter than LAD and OAK...and 2 AL overs.

GL :drink:

Hunt...sure hope so, buddy. Thx. :cheers:
Actually think the White Sox get off to a sluggish start, then come on a bit later into the season...prolly when they end up replacing Jenks as the closer, lol.

Precise... :shake:

Slim...good to hear, man. :drink:

Terp...same to you, bro. BOL tomorrow. :shake:

BTW...
Once i finally get through my home comp issues, i'll be around the baseball forum way more. I'm jsut very rushed right now, hanging out at the office just to get my research done and my plays made so late at night. Fuckign sucks...but it's jsut temporary.
It is awesome to see all the excellent threads in the MLB forum each day though. Very, very cool.
:cheers:

Back