WednasDayBases

bloodhound

Sniffing out wins
<small>National League Wild Card Game</small>

933 San Francisco Giants* -106 vs New York Mets x2
933 San Francisco Giants/New York Mets* Under 7 -215 x1
the Good, Bad and UglyGiants found a way to clinch the last wild card spot, so give them some credit, but Giants were a bad baseball team for much of the second half of the season The Giants are hard to trust no matter how you look at it. Bumgarner hasn't been himself recently, as he had an ERA of 4.14 in the month of August and 3.92 in September. Bumgarner also has an ERA of 3.39 on the road compared to an ERA of 2.14 at home. Meanwhile, Syndergaard hasn't had an ERA of over 2.84 since June and has allowed two or less runs in six of his last seven starts. Not to mention the Mets have been getting a lot of timely hits lately and seem to have that swagger about them at the moment and may be 'destinies tm this yr'
The Giants always seem to find their way into the mix for the N.L. crown and here they are again, playing in a one-game Wild Card showdown against the Mets on Wednesday night in Queens. I like their chances of advancing to the NLDS with Bumgarner on the hill.
as he has has proven to be one of the best playoff performers in recent history and I expect to see him add another chapter to his storied career on Wednesday night. After stumbling against the Padres (but still guiding his team to a victory) two starts back he rebounded with a terrific outing against the Dodgers last Friday night, giving up three earned runs over 7 1/3 effective innings. The Giants have given him plenty of offensive support this season, particularly on the road, where he owns a winning record and a solid 3.39 ERA and 1.12 WHIP. Bumgarner has given up one earned run or less in four of his six career starts against New York.
Syndergaard is pitching well, but he only managed to post a .500 record at home during the regular season, largely due to a lack of run support. That could be an issue again on Wednesday. While Syndergaard did toss eight shutout innings against the Giants in a victory back on August 21st in San Francisco, he's winless in two career home starts against them.
The Giants won't be fazed by heading across the country for this one-game showdown. Note that they've posted a winning record away from home this season and I'm confident this seasoned club will be moving on to face the Cubs in the NLDS. Giants and Under for me

:shake:

Mr Hound great write up as per usual, I'll ride with the Giants. I do hope your health is taking a turn for the better

Looking forward to this one bh, agree that both offenses might look outmatched regardless of current pitching form. I trust bum this time of year, that's for sure, and I really don't trust either offense. Would lean to SF as well but sitting pat on the under. BOL tonight.

Back