Wed NBA

SportsNut

Breaking it down briefly
Busy , busy day way to many games to look at....

7PM:
Wiz -3.5 -107 / over 216 -105

Simply hard to not like Wash here. Bulls 1-9 past 10 trips to MCI. They have struggled all season on the road and Wiz playing well of late especially at home.

Whenever a team gets you at their house, there's always another opportunity to get back at 'em when you're playing them at your home," Wizards forward Caron Butler said. "And we play well here."

Now the only real concern I have with the total is Etan Thomas return as he is more defenive minded. Obviously not a great concern cause its only Etan Thomas. You just dont want anything to change Was style and there D was at its worst in the 13 games he missed.

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahl2b vAlign=top width="29%">Chicago:</TD><TD class=datacell>
  • <LI class=more><?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>CHI are 2-8-1 ATS in their last 11 road games.
  • Over is 7-2 in CHI last 9 road games.
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2b vAlign=top width="29%">Washington:</TD><TD class=datacell>
  • <LI class=more><?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>WAS are 10-2 ATS in their last 12 Wed. games. <LI class=more>Over is 8-2 in WAS last 10 vs. Eastern Conference.
  • Over is 16-5 in WAS last 21 overall.
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2b vAlign=top width="29%">Head to Head:</TD><TD class=datacell>
  • <LI class=more><?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>Over is 8-2-1 in the last 11 meetings.
  • Favorite is 12-5 ATS in the last 17 meetings.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
New Orleans @ Atlanta:

I think while Atl has some issues we must remember how bad NO truly is. This is a team who is regularly dogged on the road by 15 pts and at home by 8 points......its rare ATL is favored but I think the line is more then fair. So thinking home Hawks ...

With the total spok eon this in Red's thread like Under 85.5 NO and Over 91 Hawks.

Indiana @ Boston :

Again look no further then Red's thread we have a dinged up Boston squad. They dont know how to close games IMO w/o Pierce and could be missing much more here. Indy was spanked here earlier as 2 pt favs and now gets a return engagement against a less then helathy Boston team...possible under.....

Philly @ NYK:

Hard a hard team believing NY should be favored by 4 here...thinking -2.5. The wrench is Nate's eligibility and Q's limited return. These teams are very close to equal and Philly is something like 0-8-1 ATS last 9 trips to MSG. However looking at line value Philly seems slightily stronger. NY is 4-0 at home but the 1 time as a fav they failed to cover and three went to OT!!!! Philly was real flat last nite after there West Coast trip where NY is now in that same position.

Sixers 6-3-1 ATS on back ends but only 1-9 SU..Sixers played no defense last nite which makes the over interesting...also the DET game was played on long rest and was extremely high scoring so thinking OVER

My spreadsheet has been $$$ - so far - I have the Philly/NYK Over, ATL/Hornets Under, and I also have Philly winning straight up - looks like we're on the same page.

Off topic but whats going on with Abdul Rahim? Did not play either side last night but amazed at his drop in production. Any idea why?

Good to know ramble...I have tried to keep up with your plays..BOL!

Cake.....call me crazy but I like the hawks.....BOL!

tuck321 said:
Off topic but whats going on with Abdul Rahim? Did not play either side last night but amazed at his drop in production. Any idea why?

DO you mean this season , in Sac over the years in general?

This year and I believe he has complained about it he has been slowly phased out of the Kings gameplan. I really cant say that I follow these teams as I once did so I am not sure exactly why. So really over the course of the past 6 weeks I think he has 1 game where he attempted 10+ shots where as early on he was more involved. I think his production is down as a KING in general simply cause of minutes and touches. Only like 27 per game and way down on the totem pole as far who gets touches ahead of him. I am sure he has detoriated somewhat as a player as well though. In Van and Atl he ws getting 15-18 shots per game in Sac 8.8....he could still avg 18 or so given enough off arole....

Just dont know why Sac persay has been down on him...

Charlotte @ Det :

Okay I personally think last nite DET got IT. While Charlotte starting with the 4th quarter vs Minny saw the magic wear off. The Pistons as BAR said need to get some consistency and there schedule allows for that. DET has revenge on its mind and I really think we could see a couple of bad efforts from Char till they get healthy....thinking team Over for DEt and posible Under team Char...

8PM:
Tor @ Milw:

Really cant lay chalk with Tor on the road even vs shorthanded Milw. However I do like Tor team over.....

LAC @ Minny:
Oh my how things have changed.....last time LAC came to town they were favored in Minnesota!! Now they catch 5.5 pts.....

The Clippers are unpredictable and so is Maggette's status. However I doubt I can pass up LAC here. it smore about fading Minny. Look at there past 4 games. Need a big 4th Q to pull out the Char game , they playOT versus SA and barely hold on after leading big at half , then play OT vs Philly and Houston....

Somewhat lean Over.....

LAL @ HOU:

You have to think this is a big game for Houston already losing twice to LAL. In the world of Super Egos you would think Lord McGrady would like to show up Sir Bryant.

Kobe was 25 of 64 in the 2 wins...notching 53 in OT! The line seems high but last meeting Hou was -2 w/o Mac now Ming is Out but LAL is minus Odom and Braynt. Generally speaking Hous is playing well and LAL is inconsistent on the road.

Have to like Hous and maybe an over or Hous over...

Portland @ Dallas :

The Blazers actually dont play that poorly vs the mavs..thought 12 was fair. Blazers with Roy are abit more dangerous on offense but really you would think a flat spot for Dallas after a huge win and tough mini-trip. Dallas isnt very deep and with such and emotional and spirited comeback you wonder if Port can help duplicate that emotion...probably not....tota might slide under 95-85..??

Late games:

Honestly cant seem to forman opinion on SA @ Denver. Think Denver is dangerous in this spot but not sure +5 is enough.....

Miami @ Seattle :

The heat injury list is a riddle Williams , Payton , Haslem listed...One thing is if they are remotely available I love the Over 196 and like Seattle...lets face Miami is D-Wade and little else...they barely won in Portland...Sea is improving... Expect both tesms in the 100's and see this game cracking the 200's one of my favt totals as Sea should be near 110 at home..Sea team ov 98....

Orl @ GS :

Baron's wrists , Orlando finally being healthy , and magic payback leave me unsure of a side...however clearly look for an uptempo game but waiting to see where this ends up....

7PM :

Wizards -3.5 -107 {4units} +4.00
Over 216 -103 Wash {4units} Push
Hawks -5.5 -104 {2units} -2.08
Indy -2.5 -110 {3units} O'Neal probably sits.. +3.00
Philly +4 -106 {3units} ML +140 {1unit} -4.18
Over 195 -104 NYK{2units} +2.00
Pistons -9 -101 {3units} -3.03
LAC +5.5 -108 {3.5units} ML +202 {1/2unit}

Team Totals "
Under 86 New Orleans -107{2u} -2.14
Over 91 Atlanta -108 {2units} -2.16
Under Char 89 -108 {2units} -2.16
Over Det 98 -108 {1unit} -1.08
Over LAC 92.5 -112 {2units}
Over Raps 100 -106 {1unit}

1st H
ML -121 Indy {unit} PUSH
ML +130 Philly {1u} -1.00

Have some more but I will be back for 8:30

Last edited:
Just walked in ...

8:30's

Hou -4.5-110{2units}
Ov Hous 99.5 -111 team {1unit}
Ov 195 11-09 {1unit}

Blazers +7 -103 {1.5units} ML +387 {1/unit}
Blazers +13-107 {3units}

Thans Duy...GL

Ret...think I am staying away from a side in that game...I'll be back in a few with some ideas

davis is back tonite but dooling is out tonite and i think thats a huge one to be lacking...i may wait til HT to get a better line

Hay SportsNut, Seattle gets real conservative in the 3rd and it seems that this costs the plays from getting the over, I've noticed that the halftime totals for the sonics have been 110 last 2 games and that poor shooting in the third has cost the game going over is there a certain matchup you like because Earl Watson sucks latly? I'm with you on the over because I feel the Heat should be able to score in the paint. The Third qt will be the crucial point.

Every just have one of these days were you feel like your clueless....thats me today...just had to run out and pickup my cellphone in teh store I left in...

2nd H:
Over LAC 93.5 -112 {2u}
Houston -2.5 -110 {2u}
Portland ML +189 {1unit}
Over 99 -111 Hou {1u}
Over 91.5 +100 Dal {2units}

Sonics -1-102 {3units}
Over 196 -108 {8units}

Over 206.5 -107 Golden State {3units}

Veto said:
Hay SportsNut, Seattle gets real conservative in the 3rd and it seems that this costs the plays from getting the over, I've noticed that the halftime totals for the sonics have been 110 last 2 games and that poor shooting in the third has cost the game going over is there a certain matchup you like because Earl Watson sucks latly? I'm with you on the over because I feel the Heat should be able to score in the paint. The Third qt will be the crucial point.

thats actually a great point. The Sonics have fallen to pieces in the 3rd quarters recently. I thought maybe play 1st H over but I figure I rather play the game over and possible 2nd hedge it.....

I played Seattle so I need 4 quarters tonite...but excellent observation...BOL

I am just rushing at the moment I am in disarray....

Retburj - I like Dooling in th emagic lineup but as long as Hill and Turkoglu are in I dont think they miss him much. I sort of like GS here but Davis uncertainty despite playing couple with Orl looking for payback has me cautious...I am still not ready to say ORL tunred the corner but that doesnt mean they havent either....Gonna wait tilll half as well I think...GL

nut...really liking the sea over ey??? 8 units?

mia is a mash unit so hope wade pulls a 40 point nite...sea wit no D should help and ray ray should have his choice of shots too

looking at that as well

I am just baffled by that number to be honest. obviously concerned about the offense when its missing its PG's possibly but the key is Wade is back. As you said Seattle plays no defense but look how poor Miami's D is on teh road this season.....I also played Seattle team over but forgot include that so Over 98 -108 {2units} as well....

Would think in a win Sea approaches 110 pts certainly would expect with Wade back both tema to break a 100...

Feel like its worth a shot....

Sorry guys trying to get my NFL shit in gear...

would have played Miami 2md H with Seattle repeatedly falling to pieces as VETO said earlier in 2nd H(specifically 3rd Q's)...

BOL..migh get involved with GS game further at half

gonna take a flyer on magic +1 here 2nd half

they were leading whole 1st half mostly and if they hit FT's..they be leading

Feeling like I have to go with an over 101.5...

Did anyone see Orl's FT's : 9 of 20 (GS 9 of 14)

and GS ML....-116

Since I liked GS from the start...

I dont like a team getting pasted in the 2nd Quarter....

Generally teams who lose the 2nd q after winning or tieing the 2st Q perform poorly in the 2nd H...big switch in momentum....

ML -115 {2units}
Over 101.5 -109 {2units}

though the premium +1 is probably there for a reason so it may pan out...

magic has no desire to run with the warriors and will probably let arroyo dribble until he loses breath like normal.

Think I am gonna hope it stays close throughout and get a late push by FT attempts which could be a bad thing....while Orl might now wantto run it still attempted 46 shots to GS 31....

Any word on whether Ariza will be back for the Magic? I never thought I would live to see the day when the GS Warriors were better at the FT line than their opponent. Leaning GS -1

No idea...Ariza is a huge part of the FT problem though..not sure I would miss him...great to run with but little else...

no play for me allready feel like I made too many plays as it is.Bol to everyone else.

$$$wagering favors the prepared mind>>>>>

This over looks like its dirt now..... guy making turnovers and throwing the ball away.

Back