Wed MLB plays

scdoggy

Moderator (Honorary)
MLB Exhibition 2013: 34-21-1 +19.56 units
Regular Season 4-2 +2.57 units

Baltimore +129 one unit
Chen had a struggle of game vs. TB last year, but overall he is good enough to deliver good value today. O's haven't hit Hellboy well, but as I said yesterday I like Baltimore's offense and their pen better, and the difference vs. these two starting pitchers doesn't warrant 29 cents.

Atlanta -??? two units

Braves will be a double sized play for me today. The line tells me all I need to know about this one. Making Halladay plus money trying to lure in some PHI wagers. Hoping some Phi money comes in today and gives me a better price than the current -123 on Hotlanta. Braves lineup has treated Roy like a sex slave with a decent sample size....

Lean Hou on the +1.5 line, and its hard not to bet an under in Oakland with Eddings, but Joe Saunders will make the A's look like they have Canseco, and McGwire in the lineup tonight....

Damn - as I'm typing the post on the Braves - the line jumps seven cents. Guess I"ll bite now:

Braves -130 two units

GOIrish - I like Halladay a lot. But the books don't give away money like this. They made Hamels a slight fave against Hudson the other night, and now Halladay is a +125 dog against Maholm??? Some Braves numbers career vs. Roy:

Uggla 11/34 .324
Freeman 7/15 .467
McCann 9/25 .360
BJ Upton 15/42 .357
Justin Upton 2/6 .333

This line, and these numbers tell me to play ATL.

GL Doggy.

Hoping the O's pull out another one for you. Hellickson scares me as he pitches well against the O's. Of course the same could have been said for Price.

And to your earlier post to Dollaz, how about them Caps!!! Trying to fight back and take that division. Ovie taking over. 2 points out of the division lead having played 2 less games than the Thrashers.

Hard not to like ATL tonight. Last at bat, better pen, questionable halladay. Maholm has been shaky against phi lately but if I remember correctly the game last year was very peculiar and I wouldn't give it too much credence.

I'm hoping they don't trade Ribiero today No1. He's been a great addition.

Music City - couldn't agree more. I lean over in ATL too, along with A's tonight. There's a lot to like on this card today.

I have no idea what to think doggy! Im clueless on what they are going to do, but if they trade Ribiero, it's going to sting.

I also think it's the kinda game where there will be enormous value in play the over f5 and a run to be scored in the first inning. It's a very inviting card today.

I like your thinking there MusicCity - Agree that's the way to play tonight's game.

Dollaz - gonna be a fun couple of weeks watching the season wind down. Some tight playoff races in the NHL.

From the ESPN NHL Rumor Mill on Ribs this morning:

UPDATE: Are the Washington Capitals and Mike Ribeiro on the verge of compromise? RDS' Renaud Lavoie reports Ribeiro is now willing to accept a four-year extension to remain with the Capitals, as opposed to a five-year deal.

Rumor has it the Caps have been trying to ink the 33-year-old centerman to a three-year extension. If Washington management isn't willing to split the difference as well, Ribeiro could be dealt today.

***​
On of this season's more sought-after trade targets may not be available after all. But only -- as discussed by Katie Carrera of the Washington Post -- if Mike Ribeiro and the Washington Capitals can agree to how long they want to extend their relationship. The soon-to-be UFA is looking to sign a four- or five-year contract extension.

"If we can agree to a long-term then I'll be more than happy to stay here," Ribeiro said Sunday. "I don't know if I'm looking for two years and then change place, then another two years. I don't think I want that."

That commitment may be a bit hefty for the Capitals -- particularly since the centerman is expected to command around $6 million/season on the open market. If so, GM George McPhee could very well deal Ribeiro before next week's trade deadline. Still, Carrera claims Ribeiro more-than-adequately fills what has become a "perennial" void down the middle for the Caps.

"... For three seasons, the Capitals had experimented with several options at center on the second line -- including Brooks Laich, Mathieu Perreault, Marcus Johansson, Tomas Fleischmann, Eric Belanger and Brendan Morrison -- with little success. Ribeiro brought the skills necessary to balance the forward lines and provide instant offense. His team-high 34 points (10 goals, 24 assists) have made it easy to overlook his deficiencies in the faceoff circle (42.5 percent) and his occasional propensity for unsportsmanlike-conduct penalties ..."

He's finishing out the last year of a 5 year deal they inherited from Dal - so if they don't plan on resigning him I get it - assuming they can get something for him. But I agree it would suck, but its McPhee we're talking about. They guy who signed Ward for more money than he could have kept Arnott for, JEff Schultz 2.5 mil a year and signed Hamrlik for 3 mil, only to waive his ass three weeks into the season. Clown...

Music City - I owe you one. I didn't even look at the first five innings in the ATL game. Great price.

Phi/ATL OVer 3.5 first five -105 1.5 units

He's 33 years old. I wouldn't sign him for more than 2-3 years. Dude is small and his liklihood of injury as he gets older increases significantly. Dipshit McPhee will probably sign him to a six year deal....

White Sox -136 one unit

I don't care what uniform Ervin wears, I don't trust him on the road during the day. Sox roll here.

White Sox -136 one unit

I don't care what uniform Ervin wears, I don't trust him on the road during the day. Sox roll here.

Was just looking at that game and I tend to agree. And I want some action in the day games. LOL.

Hellickson could be the luckiest pitcher in MLB. His peripheral numbers do not support his results and I expect a down year from him. He wasn't good this spring at all and I still don't know why some people think TB is the best in the east. I lean to the O's and played the OVER. GL today.

Thanks guys - GameHunter - I've followed Hellboy's career pretty closely. He definitely does get lucky at times but I can remember a few games against Baltimore where he has been flat out filthy. I wasn't impressed by his spring numbers as you mentioned, so it will be interesting to see how he plays today. Chen is usually good for a quality start, but when he's bad, he is awful -so there is a shot the O's get blown out here. But I like their pen, and their offense enough to have me overlook any advantage Hellickson has over Chen - which as you said, is debatable. I'm with you though - I don't know that I see TB contending the way they have the last few years.

Get em todat Mac - good to see you around.

Ribs not going anywhere today. Do hope the caps resign him rather then letting him walk for nothing.

Shocking that the Caps gave up Forsberg No1... but Erat should make an immediate impact. Fuckers better make the playoffs now.

I'm biting on that under in Oaktown tonight. After seeing NBAfan's post in the ump thread, it looks like Saunders has done well in his starts with Eddings behind the plate.

Sea/Oak under 7.5 -115 one unit

Somebody just pounded the shit out of Atlanta. I'm seeing a -145 now, and don't think its stopped moving yet

I've got mixed emotions about letting Forsberg go too. Time will tell

LAD -130 one unit
I'll pay to see the artist formerly know as The Hippy take care of business tonight.

Back