Webb's Week 9

mwwebb81

Pretty much a regular
Season Record: 44-39-1 (53%) +6 Units

Went 7-4 last week for +2 Units, and have some good momentum heading into week 9. It has been a while since I have seen a card that I like as much as I like the one this week. Several games that immediately jumped out at me, and this is by far the most plays that I have put in on a Sunday all season long. Have a feeling that I may just have a massive card by the end of this week!

Anyways, this is what I have already locked in:

Boston College +3.5 (1 Unit)
South Florida -5.5 (1 Unit)
Kansas -2 (1 Unit)
USC +3 (1 Unit)
Kentucky -13.5 (1 Unit)
Utah -6 (1 Unit)
Pittsburgh +10.5 (1 Unit)
Duke +18.5 (1 Unit)
Michigan State -3 (1 Unit)

I am going to try to get on tonight after SNF and do a writeup on some of these games, as I feel there are some really strong plays for this weekend!

Good Luck to everyone this week!

WEBB

Just some quick thoughts on these games:

Boston College +3.5 @ Virginia Tech

BC Boasts the best offense in the ACC, and I feel they have enough weapons to score on the tough Virginia Tech Defense. Va Tech has only faced one team all season that has a team the caliber of BC, and they got taken out to the wood shed in that contest. Boston College is the better team here, and I think they win the game outright. I will certainly take the 3.5

Boston College 24, Virginia Tech 17

South Florida -5.5 @ UCONN

Do you believe in Karma? I sure as hell do. What comes around goes around, and UCONN is gonna get theirs this week after their little bit of trickery in last weeks game. If UCONN can only put up 21 points (actually 14) against one of the worst defenses in the country, what do you think is gonna happen when they actually face a defense that has some speed and talent? South Florida has something to prove after last week, and they will be ready for this game.

South Florida 27, UCONN 13

Kansas -2 @ Texas A&M

This Kansas team is for real. They have been tested on the road at K State and Colorado, falling behind in both games, only to show what kind of team they are by responding to win both games. They know how to take a punch in the mouth and keep fighting, and they have a solid unit on both sides of the ball. Should be a pretty good game, but Kansas is the better team.

Kansas 34, Texas A&M 24

USC +3 @ Oregon

Nothing to get your confidence back like going into your arch rivals house, and laying the worst beating of the series on them! USC is finally getting healthy, and it clearly showed last week. Oregon is a very good team, but they have some injury issues on offense right now. Maybe Washington wasnt able to expose them, but you better believe that the USC defense will. USC just strikes me as the type of team that plays to the level of their competition, and I think they show up and play a great game this week against the Ducks.

USC 35, Oregon 31

Kentucky -13.5 vs Mississippi State

First of all, Kentucky can score on anyone, period. They absolutely shredded LSU and Florida's defenses, and that is certainly not an easy task! They average 45 points at home, and they probably hit right about that number in this one. Kentucky gets back on track this week, in a route.

Kentucky 45, Mississippi State 21

Utah -6 @ Colorado State

This is not the same shaky Utah team that we saw early in the season. They have righted the ship, and ran off 4 consecutive victories, including at Louisville and at TCU. Colorado State finally got a win last week, but does not have a good enough defense to slow down Utah. Utah keeps rolling, and becomes bowl eligible with a win this week.

Utah 28, Colorado State 17

Pittsburgh +10.5 @ Louisville

Louisville returns home this week after the hose job they took at UCONN. Louisville has not played well at home this season, and I believe its because they are feeling the pressure from the home crowd to produce. Every time that Louisville has had the pressure on this season, they have crumbled. Pittsburgh is not a very good football team, and Louisville absolutely has to have this game to keep hopes alive for a Bowl Game. Louisville wins this game, but Pittsburgh scores enough to cover.

Louisville 34, Pittsburgh 28

Duke +18.5 @ Florida State

Who in the hell is Florida State to be laying three scores to anyone? They are coming off of back to back losses, are a very mediocre team with a not so great offense, and havent beaten a single team this entire season by more than 17! Duke has been very competitive in most of its games this year, and keeps it within the number in this one.

Florida State 28, Duke 17

Michigan State -3 @ Iowa

Iowa cant score, period. This is one of the most offensively challenged teams in the country, and the only time they scored more than 20 was against the 110th ranked defense in college football!!! Michigan State has plenty of offense to get it done in this one.

Michigan State 24, Iowa 10

Added One:

Texas Tech -13 (1 Unit)

Texas Tech -13 vs Colorado

For starters, Texas Tech is very tough at home, and Colorado is very bad on the road. The Red Raiders offense will want to put on a show this week to prove to everyone that the poor offensive game they had last week was nothing more than a fluke. Texas Tech averages well into the 40's at home, and getting to 40 should be plenty enough to cover here.

Texas Tech 40, Colorado 23

One More:

Florida Atlantic -6.5 (1 Unit)

Florida Atlantic -6.5 vs Louisiana Monroe

Florida Atlantic is 4-3 overall, including 3-0 in conference, and Howard Schnellenberger has the owls primed to compete for the first bowl game berth in school history. They are a solid 2-1 at home, with the one loss coming to the hands of South Florida in a game that the Owls were very competitive in. This is a team that has played a tough non conference schedule, and from the looks of things, it made them a better team. Louisiana Monroe is a very bad team, and even worse on the road. Owls win this one, and move to 4-0 in the Sun Belt.

Florida Atlantic 31, Louisiana Monroe 17

I think thats going to do it for this week. I feel really great about these 11 plays, and dont want to add more games that I just feel "pretty good" about just for the sake of getting more action, and have it take away from what I have already done.

Final Week 9 Card:

Kansas -2 (1 Unit)
USC +3 (1 Unit)
Kentucky -13.5 (1 Unit)
Utah -6 (1 Unit)
Duke +18.5 (1 Unit)
Texas Tech -13 (1 Unit)

Once again, best of luck to everyone this week!

Duke +18.5 @ Florida State

Who in the hell is Florida State to be laying three scores to anyone? They are coming off of back to back losses, are a very mediocre team with a not so great offense, and havent beaten a single team this entire season by more than 17! Duke has been very competitive in most of its games this year, and keeps it within the number in this one.

Florida State 28, Duke 17

Weatherford starting again too...heh

Leaving now to go out of town for the weekend, so probably not going to have a lot of time to update anything.

Just wanted to say good luck to everyone for this weekend, and lets make some cash!

I think thats going to do it for this week. I feel really great about these 11 plays, and dont want to add more games that I just feel "pretty good" about just for the sake of getting more action, and have it take away from what I have already done.

Final Week 9 Card:

Kansas -2 (1 Unit)
USC +3 (1 Unit)
Kentucky -13.5 (1 Unit)
Utah -6 (1 Unit)
Duke +18.5 (1 Unit)
Texas Tech -13 (1 Unit)

Once again, best of luck to everyone this week!

GL Webb looks like we are sharing a few plays this week..kansas, BC, TT..I came close to playing FAU and Kentucky

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">gl this week webb..
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Back