We back -- Kapalua (Tournament of Champions)

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
The 2019 calendar portion of the year kicks off out in Hawaii.

Lets get the band back together and get capping this.

DJ +500

Rahm +650

JT +880

Rory +900

Koepka +1030

Day +1100

Bryson +1200

Reed +1600

Champ +2000

Mole +2000

Woodland +2200

Webb +2200

X +2200

and plenty more down the line...

Keys this week...

Research who has been doing what the last month or so. Some guys are coming ready and others are using this as a warm up and took a few weeks min off.

Tiger not playing is such a disappointment it starts the year off on the wrong foot

Late start for me, but ready to jump back in.

Keegan +110 vs Horschel
Bubba EV vs Wise
Reed +120 vs Bryson
Leishman -120 vs Casey

Looking forward to the season boys

just did five tourney match plays. LIKE Xander Schauffele BUT William-Hill DUMPED his "to win" odds from 28-1 to 18-1. he is 20-1 Westgate and South point BUT that is a little "thin" considering the competition. my "you bet your bollocks" would either be Brooks Koepka 8-1 or Jon Rahm 7-1

tourney match play bets
Xander Schauffele -110 over Webb Simpson (55/105)
Brooks Koepka even over Justin Thomas (50/100)
Jon Rahm +120 over Dustin Johnson (50/110)
Cameron Champ +130 over Francesco Molinari (40/92)
Justin Thomas +140 over Dustin Johnson (36/86.40)

:shake:

Course sets up well for bombers, really looking forward to Champ's performance this week

I'll have to wait till later on the West Coast swing but I figured there would still be some value to be had with him... not a lot but some. Well, if this is any indication that is not going to happen.

I'm not expecting Champ to contend this week. This course has a fair learning curve to it, given the uneven lies and especially the wind. The greens are huge though, so he should still give himself plenty of looks at birdie. There is a correlation between playing well here and playing well at Augusta, so something to think about not only for this week, but also with an eye to April

Laying low in tourney match ups due to no cuts but perhaps some single round plays as the tourney progresses...

Looking forward to the season with you guys!

Laying low in tourney match ups due to no cuts but perhaps some single round plays as the tourney progresses...

Looking forward to the season with you guys!

If I play anything but majors/WGC type events I think it will be rounds only this season, can't stand being sunk on a wager after Thursday or the inevitable meltdown on Sunday after being ahead all week

I'm going to concentrate on match ups where I think the opponent will miss the cut this season. Tournaments with no cuts will be no plays for that very reason KJ...

Good luck this weekend guys!

I'm not expecting Champ to contend this week. This course has a fair learning curve to it, given the uneven lies and especially the wind. The greens are huge though, so he should still give himself plenty of looks at birdie. There is a correlation between playing well here and playing well at Augusta, so something to think about not only for this week, but also with an eye to April

And of course he grabs the early lead lol. At least I didn't bet against him. Still, his pedigree doesn't scream multiple tour event winner, but maybe he's one of the few who learns how to win once he's on tour

well some dogs barking and one of the favorites fell flat on his ass first round in Hawaii. Kevin Tway 125-1 the leader [-7] BUT last year winner Dustin Johnson, Justin Thomas and Gary Woodland all just one back @ [-6]. then Marc Leishman solo 5th @ [-5] with Patton Kizzire 150-1, Andrew Landry 250-1 and Andrew Putman 150-1 tied 6th @ [-4] along with Jason Day, Bryson DeChambeau and Rory McIlroy. #4 pre-tourney favorite @ 8-1 Brooks Koepka shoots [+3]

as usual I'm in trouble with my tourney match plays already with only Cameron Champ up on his opponent :(

Xander Schauffele -110 [-1] over Webb Simpson [-3] 2 down
Brooks Koepka [+3] even over Justin Thomas [-6] 9 down
Jon Rahm +120 [-3] over Dustin Johnson [-6] 3 down
Cameron Champ +130 [-2] over Francesco Molinari [even] 2 up
Justin Thomas +140 [-6] over Dustin Johnson [-6] all square

Last edited:
It's early, lots of movement coming in next few days.

THAT is for sure. Gary Woodland the leader going into the weekend [-6] for tourney [-12] three up on Bryson DeChambeau [-5] Rory McIlroy [-5] and first round leader Kevin Tway [-2] tied 2nd tourney [-9]. then Marc Leishman solo 5th [-3] for [-8] and three more tied 6th "X" Schauffele [-6], Cameron Champ [-5] and Justin Thomas [-1] for [-7]

my match plays looking somewhat better after the 2nd round although the Brooks Koepka bet is STILL buried

Xander Schauffele -110 [-6] for [-7] over Webb Simpson [-1] for [-4] 3 up
Brooks Koepka even [-3] for [even] over Justin Thomas [-1] for [-7] 7 down
Jon Rahm +120 [-2] for [-5] over Dustin Johnson [+1] for [-5] all square
Cameron Champ +130 [-5] for [-7] over Francesco Molinari [-2] for [-2] 5 up
Justin Thomas +140 [-1] for [-7] over Dustin Johnson [+1] for [-5] 2 up

going into Sunday Gary Woodland STILL the leader [-5] for tourney [-17] with Rory McIlroy three back in solo 2nd [-5] for [-14] and Marc Leishman solo 3rd [-5] for [-13]. then "X" Schauffele [-5] and Bryson DeChambeau [-3] tied 4th [-12]

two good leads, one "dead duck" and two wicked tight in my tourney match plays

Xander Schauffele -110 [-5] for [-12] over Webb Simpson [-1] for [-5] 7 up
Brooks Koepka even [even] for [even] over Justin Thomas [-3] for [-10] 10 down
Jon Rahm +120 [-4] for [-9] over Dustin Johnson [-4] for [-9] all square
Cameron Champ +130 [+1] for [-6] over Francesco [even] for [-2] 4 up
Justin Thomas +140 [-3] for [-10] over Dustin Johnson [-4] for [-9] 1 up

This getting fun now.

X hole out.

Gary drives into a bunker.

Rory needs a few birds now.

Lads if you make it there, do it. Wasn't going to, sure as fuk wasn't gonna haul my clubs....with rentals and shit I needed (glove, balls) it was about $275 and nothing like it. I mean you might be on a tee box and a few feet to the side you might be above the tops of a ton of trees. My buddy twisted my arm to do it, really didn't want to give a day up there for golf but did. And left the ex at the hotel by herself all day.

But yeah, got the scorecard hangin' in my bedroom

My grandfather was playing golf the morning of Pearl Harbor in Hawaii
I want to go play there badly.

Lads if you make it there, do it. Wasn't going to, sure as fuk wasn't gonna haul my clubs....with rentals and shit I needed (glove, balls) it was about $275 and nothing like it. I mean you might be on a tee box and a few feet to the side you might be above the tops of a ton of trees. My buddy twisted my arm to do it, really didn't want to give a day up there for golf but did. And left the ex at the hotel by herself all day.

But yeah, got the scorecard hangin' in my bedroom

I'd love to have the opportunity some day.

We spent 4 days on Oahu and didn't do PH, guess even though my grandfather was in WWII and a couple of his brothers it was never a thing to talk about. Seemed like a touristy deal and a bunch of day, the BS was hanging on Waikiki for 3 days before last day on North Shore. Should have done North Shore every day, Turtle Bay is a ways out there but worth it...entire North Shore of Oahu was just my cup of tea. Waikiki/Honolulu...almost get the same think out of San Diego.

Maui last time was part 2 of the trip for 5 nights, had done a week in Maui before but just so much more "Hawaiian" than Waikiki...Honolulu is a pretty big city and just not the getaway I desire.

They had another course, like the Bay Course or something for maybe $50 less and that seemed like one of the easiest decisions ever. Our time was twilight and we got in with not much light to spare but the alternative was another couple hundred

Seriously I roll in with tennis shoes and a collared shirt looking like I came off the beach, didn't pack for golf. Tennis shoes don't bother me and no chance I'm tucking shit in when in Maui...all was good after a few drinks. But that wind was a game changer

WOW!!! "X" [-8] with Woodland [-3] thru #13 both [-20] thru #14. Justin Thomas [-7] @ [-17] thru #15 now solo 3rd two up on Rory [-1] and Leishman [-2] @ [-15] both thru #14

GO "X"!!!

Well birdie in the bag

Not a big Woodland fan but pulling for him, typically do that when family pass away

And X one of my favorites

well at least Justin Thomas beats DJ [-8] for [-18] to [-6] for [-15] :)

BUT Woodland BIRDIE #17. now TIED again with X @ [-22] :(

Back