Washington Wizards this week

rod_steel

Have an adequate day
A couple things I wanted to note about their schedule this week

1. Tonight is an immediate revenge game for them having last played against the Heat and being clowned up by 20 points. They have had 3 days to think about their latest poor showing of a disappointing season so again I would expect them to be pretty fired up tonight at home. It also helps that Wade has a bum ankle, he torched the Wizards scoring 24 points and shooting 8/10 from the floor. They were letdown defensively that night and again I would expect a more committed effort on defense tonight similar to what they showed against the Jazz last week when they were staring at a 0-6 hole to start the season. Jordan made that a clear point after their last practice session yesterday.

2. This Saturday night they play the Knicks, this too will represent another revenge game as the Knicks beat the Wizards at Verizon 10 days ago. However I believe the Wizards will get run out of Madison Square Garden as it will represent their 4th game in 5 nights in their schedule with the night before playing a game against the very physical Rockets team in Houston.

It's hard to cap the Wizards because you never know what Eddie Jordan will do. The big lineup worked wonders against the Jazz, we don't even see it against the Heat, which I think could have been effective vs. them. (b/c of the frontcourt of haslem, Marion, and Beasley)

Haven't looked at it enough, but it's a tough stretch for them. I expect them to be fired up tonight. How do they come out against the Hawks tomorrow night? They match up ok against the Rockets I think and then play their 4th in 5 nights against a up temp team.

-Wade is a big factor to this game.
-He has a sprained ankle and missed practice, but I'm confident that he will play this game.
-The heat looks like a mess without Wade's presence on the floor.
-Even though Wade should be playing this game, I think his minutes will be limited ~30-35 tops.

Wash -2 as they desperately need another win

The fact that the Wizards got outrebounded by 19 boards should make this an auto-play, but the Clipps have me very gun shy betting on teams that have shown little. Still think it's 100% the right side.

GL Rod.

I think even the Wizards reached a new low, that was diabolical from them last night

Will see how their games against the Hawks and Rockets pan out this week.

Quote from Eddie Jordan:

"This team is built for Gilbert Arenas to lead us, this team is built for our all-star forwards to do certain offensive things for us and for Brendan Haywood to have a career year manning the middle for us," Jordan said. "We don't have those things. You're asking people to do things that they are not capable of doing. They are not capable of carrying the load for us like a Dwyane Wade, like a Gilbert Arenas. You've got young guys who aren't going to make veteran plays night in, night out. They're going to be good here and there, so to be in the game is a credit to everyone in our organization right now. It's eight games into the season and you've got to be positive but you've also got to be realistic about things. That's where we are."

He should be fired.

Back