Washington @ LA Dodgers - thoughts

Stew Baker

Pretty much a regular
The Washington Nationals are looking a little to me like a team of destiny; destined at least to get past the Dodgers. It seems things are starting to fall into place for them. Scherzer is getting strong at the right time, and Strasburg looks to be on one one those monstrous runs that good pitchers get on occasionally. Anything they ask him to do, he comes in and shuts down the opposition.

After finishing out the season in great form to help Nats lock up a wildcard spot, he came in in relief in the play-in game against Milwaukee and threw three strong innings. Then on 2 days rest, he threw 6 innings of 3 hit 1 run ball against the Dodgers in game 2 of the current series to secure that win. Kind of reminds me of the run Josh Beckett was on in the 2003 playoffs for Florida.

Strasburg, if he's right, should go 7 tonight, and the setup and closer for Washington are serviceable.

Wash. +159

I like your thoughts. Ironically enough I mentioned Josh Beckett and 2003 a few hours ago (although not in this same sense). Good luck and I'll be rooting for you!

Stew - I hope you are right. My concern is if Stras doesn't make 7, I just don't want to see Rodney or Suero recipe for disaster. Stras though on a roll with good numbers vs LAD current hitters. Buehler though very tough at home. Under or 1st 5 under would be a consideration except Marquez dead over behind the dish. Ironically either starter has history with Marquez.

Not trying to be negative but Kershaw has good history with this ump and he is set to replace him

So much for the Josh Beckett comparison, at least for now. The Nats sure got a shot to topple the Cardinals, and then - ? One series at a time, one game at a time.

I could have lost some money there. I seriously thought about Washington first half

Back