Was LAC Coach right at the end of game?

lvmike32

Pretty much a regular
like everyone else in the world I had LAC +4 so I was happy with the final score. But down 10 (2 scores) and 4th and goal at the 7 with little time - don't you kick the FG there to get within 7 and 1 score? He probably knew the spread. LOL. Honestly, I didn't see one person on the Chiefs -4, can't believe that line didn't move to 3. Again, very happy - you don't often overcome a 14 point swing against you.

like everyone else in the world I had LAC +4 so I was happy with the final score. But down 10 (2 scores) and 4th and goal at the 7 with little time - don't you kick the FG there to get within 7 and 1 score? He probably knew the spread. LOL. Honestly, I didn't see one person on the Chiefs -4, can't believe that line didn't move to 3. Again, very happy - you don't often overcome a 14 point swing against you.
I was shocked he did that.

I was happy tho...

Over 49.5/Chargers 2hTT and Under 3.5 FGs combined all flipped on that decision.

Think he felt bad about screwing us the rest of the game ;)...

In all honesty tho, the right team covered. How they lost that game is puzzling.

Congrats agree we deserved that good fortune at the end. I had a small ml on lac and definitely should have won that one too. Im from san Diego so hate the chargers now. But injuries aside i think its them and buffalo in afc. I thought Mack was done but he seems to have really improved them. Imo the better team lost tonight.

His decision to go hurry up when Everett was trying to sub out of the game - and then call a pass instead of a run and throw it to Everett - was the one that cost him the game. This decision was probably a coin flip since he was going to need to recover an onside kick no matter what with only 1 TO left. With JH banged up, it would have been a lot to ask him to go the length of the field again. FGs are no guarantees in this league anyways. I was surprised he did not kick the field goal but I guess I’m OK with it.

The coaching staff is just part of the overall problem with the Chargers. From ownership on down they have been a mess for a long long time. This is just the newest iteration of that mess. Justin Herbert is CLEARLY that dude. I mean he is the QB that franchises give their left nut for. How on earth the coaching staff continues to hold this guy back is beyond me. His numbers are great despite their conservative offense. I just saw a stat that his yards per attempt in the second half last night were about 3.1. Just about every single throw is catch and get tackled. You see all these great receivers around the league catching the ball in space and running for yards. The list goes on and on. In this offense you see catch and get tackled. Or dump off to a back out of the backfield. Take the fucking reigns off and let Herbert be the thoroughbred he obviously is. Get rid of Lombardi and get one of these McVay disciples in there.

As a Raiders fan to my core it pains me to say this but Herbert was jaw droppingly good last night. The way he fought through that rib injury was fucking great TV. The Chargers once again found a way to lose a game they should have won.

And to answer the OP question I think they probably should have kicked but they knew their guy was really banged up and did not know if he could get them to the goal line again. The bigger issue was not getting Everett out of the game when he was asking to get out. I dont even think that pass was supposed to be to Everett. He was supposed to clear out to the post and couldnt even move because he was tired. The pass that was picked off was probably supposed to go to another player who was supposed to be in that spot that couldnt get there because Everett did not clear out.

That ownership is very comparable to the Jets and Bengals. This coming from a Cards fan who had to deal with the old Bidwill for several years.

Back