was it intentional?

IvyinBarondise

Pretty much a regular
Who thinks Love was intentionally taken out??

I looked like a dozen times...and Love isn't the kinda guy to just say something like that.

I think a guy can feel what happens when there's a grapple, and you can certainly feel the difference between intent and a mistake...

I think this is the kind of foul that deserves a HUGE penalty.

What do you guys think?

You can't prove intent. If anything, I think that Beverly two seasons ago deserved a huge penalty, because it was really dirty foul than...
Here? It was dirty, but was he trying to really injure Love? Who knows...

Hell naw...

There is no way it ever crossed Olynyk's mind during that play to attempt to dislocate Kevin Love's shoulder...Olynyk did clearly grab Love's arm but I don't think he had the intention of dislocating his shoulder, he had the intention of coming up with the loose ball regardless of whether he was called for holding Love or not.

idkk...

everyone says that he's not the kinda guy to do something like that,

and everyone says love's not the kinda guy to cry wolf...

But the play showed more then just arms getting tied up...after the arms were tied up, there's this clear tug that didn't seem necessary....it didn't seem to be something that just happened...the tug seemed unnatural and in my opinion intentional. And I'm gonna say that if it looked like it to me, and felt like it to K love, it probably was intentional. Guys have moments of insanity on the bball court...his team was about to be swept...who knows

idkk...

everyone says that he's not the kinda guy to do something like that,

and everyone says love's not the kinda guy to cry wolf...

But the play showed more then just arms getting tied up...after the arms were tied up, there's this clear tug that didn't seem necessary....it didn't seem to be something that just happened...the tug seemed unnatural and in my opinion intentional. And I'm gonna say that if it looked like it to me, and felt like it to K love, it probably was intentional. Guys have moments of insanity on the bball court...his team was about to be swept...who knows

I understand and agree with what you are saying. But what I am saying is that Olynyk did not perform that "tug" with the intention of dislocating his shoulder. He was fighting for a loose ball, had his opponent in a somewhat compromised situation and he took a little frustration out by trying to pull him away from the ball.

Love came off like a major cry-baby.

He is the master of the arm-bar rebounds and he got it back at him. Nothing there was to purposely dislocate his shoulder.

The only purposeful blows were from Smith and Perkins (who should have been suspended for coming into the game and immediately committing a hard foul on Crowder, then a blow to his face) - But Isiah Thomas put it best after the game saying we are all grown men and shouldn't cry about it (except for Love of course).

I think that Perkins and Smith reacted to what Crowder did to LeBron in Game 3 and Olynyk in Game 4.

Love came off like a major cry-baby.

He is the master of the arm-bar rebounds and he got it back at him. Nothing there was to purposely dislocate his shoulder.

The only purposeful blows were from Smith and Perkins (who should have been suspended for coming into the game and immediately committing a hard foul on Crowder, then a blow to his face) - But Isiah Thomas put it best after the game saying we are all grown men and shouldn't cry about it (except for Love of course).

he did come off like that but I tend to stick up for the player when a reporter gets in a players face right after a "situation" happens. He gave his quick/emotional reaction without seeing a replay and knowing he would be out for "X" amount of time.... players are dammed if they do dammed if they don't...

There is a camera angle that shows avery bradley coming to get the loose ball and kelly pulling love so that bradley could get the ball.... to think olynyk intended to hurt love is asinine. ....
and if you look at the jr smith smack in slow motion he looks back to make sure he knows where crowders face is to make sure he gets him there....

I understand and agree with what you are saying. But what I am saying is that Olynyk did not perform that "tug" with the intention of dislocating his shoulder. He was fighting for a loose ball, had his opponent in a somewhat compromised situation and he took a little frustration out by trying to pull him away from the ball.

oh yeah i didnt think his intention was to pull his arm out... but if it was a knee jerk reaction that was in the spirit of a fight n not a scramble for a ball...he should be penalized

Cleveland Cavaliers general manager David Griffin says it is "highly unlikely" forward Kevin Love will return at any point for the playoffs.

Love had an MRI and other tests performed Monday. His injury is officially listed as an acute anterior inferior glenohumeral dislocation with the corresponding ligament/labrum tearing and humeral head bone bruising.

you think he said that so the league takes notice and does something about the one game suspension or atleast takes some notice...probably can't change their ruling but man that sucks for love

you think he said that so the league takes notice and does something about the one game suspension or atleast takes some notice...probably can't change their ruling but man that sucks for love

The media knew Love had an mri and the GM was asked about the results. I am sure the gm tried to emphasize that he is out for the playoffs but more importantly:
( standing up for his guy that he got in a trade that is becoming a free agent)

Griff just setting up Love for a Willis Reed moment after they get past the scrappy Bucks.

The injury was unfortunate because Love was kind of fitting better all of a sudden. And the suspensions are silly. I guess JR has a history of being a knucklehead, but two games for a loosely disguised slap seems excessive. Everyone knew Boston would muck it up back home because they suck. I kind of enjoyed those games, reminded me of the old Celtics/Lakers/Pistons wars. Anyway, Cavs will be OK. More minutes for Tristan, more scoring from Lebron and Kyrie. And JR.

The injury was unfortunate because Love was kind of fitting better all of a sudden. And the suspensions are silly. I guess JR has a history of being a knucklehead, but two games for a loosely disguised slap seems excessive. Everyone knew Boston would muck it up back home because they suck. I kind of enjoyed those games, reminded me of the old Celtics/Lakers/Pistons wars. Anyway, Cavs will be OK. More minutes for Tristan, more scoring from Lebron and Kyrie. And JR.
Yeah ok homer
That was just a slap

A no look, backhanded knockout punch. Who knew he was the Karate Kid?

Cavs don't need Love or Smith to win the east. I'll stop yawning if 23 goes down.

maybe not to win the East - but Lebron in Cleveland without stars around him wont equal a title....thats been proven a few times.

Well he got lucky or unlucky where it landed.. there was force behind it.
If that slap hit ur old drunk ass u would still be sleeping

Well, I'm not quite Crowley's size. Quick as a mongoose though, probably would have ducked it.

So the one goon gets a little excited and pulls an arm out of its socket. Heat of the moment. Smith lets a fist fly in a chippy game. No place for that in Boston? Gimme a break.

If Olynyk is a goon, then Perkins is a mass murderer.....If Love didnt scamper out with an injury b/c he's made of tissue paper- they dont even call a T on that play, never mind suspension. Two big guys arm-barring for a rebound, initiated by Love and then a foul committed by Olynyk.

Segment with Bumgarner basically calling Scherzer a whining pussy on ESPN right now.

If Olynyk is a goon, then Perkins is a mass murderer.....If Love didnt scamper out with an injury b/c he's made of tissue paper- they dont even call a T on that play, never mind suspension. Two big guys arm-barring for a rebound, initiated by Love and then a foul committed by Olynyk.

I wouldn't suspend Olynyk either. He put a little muscle into the square dance though.

When did playoff suspensions start happening anyway? I may have checked out of the NBA for 20 years or so. I don't remember anyone getting suspended during the Celtics-Pistons MMA matches in the 80's. Rick Mahorn once almost killed Mark Price with his elbow in a Pistons-Cavs playoff.

When did playoff suspensions start happening anyway? I may have checked out of the NBA for 20 years or so. I don't remember anyone getting suspended during the Celtics-Pistons MMA matches in the 80's. Rick Mahorn once almost killed Mark Price with his elbow in a Pistons-Cavs playoff.
Tips that's back in the day when video games weren't aired and had announcers. A tougher era man

Celtics slopped it up because they suck, I'm OK with that. The Cavs responded with dirty play only after the Celts' dirty play took out a key player. I'm OK with that too. It's not a night at the ballet, never seen so much whining. I especially have no idea why the Celtics and fans are indignant and sensitive about this. Their season was over as soon as they saw who they played in the first round, so they decided to rassle. Is it the end of the world to lose that stiff for game one next year?

Celtics slopped it up because they suck, I'm OK with that. The Cavs responded with dirty play only after the Celts' dirty play took out a key player. I'm OK with that too. It's not a night at the ballet, never seen so much whining. I especially have no idea why the Celtics and fans are indignant and sensitive about this. Their season was over as soon as they saw who they played in the first round, so they decided to rassle. Is it the end of the world to lose that stiff for game one next year?
Relax man
Dellavadova gonna take some of Jr smiths minutes.. Cavs will be fine

thats fine - except the only one crying are Cleveland players....and i find it very funny they are scared of kelly olynyk

celts fan here...it's just bazball that's all it was...it was a very physical game that even the refs couldn't control...lebron has no trouble mixing it up and the c's are young and dumb and scrappy....to say the olynk had intent is ridiculious...his intent was to get the ball and if love got hurt in the scrap so be it....both teams were kicking the shit out of each other....did anyone see the following game....spurs and clips couldn't even breathe on each other without a foul being called....nba said "enough is enough"....it was good old fashion bazball and it was entertaining...imho

thats fine - except the only one crying are Cleveland players....and i find it very funny they are scared of kelly olynyk

I was really only speaking of this thread. Calling the Celtics' rough-and-tough, and the Cavs dirty. Let's just say the Celtics suck, never lead in the second half of any game, got a little frustrated, and thugged up the series. As expected.

celts fan here...it's just bazball that's all it was...it was a very physical game that even the refs couldn't control...lebron has no trouble mixing it up and the c's are young and dumb and scrappy....to say the olynk had intent is ridiculious...his intent was to get the ball and if love got hurt in the scrap so be it....both teams were kicking the shit out of each other....did anyone see the following game....spurs and clips couldn't even breathe on each other without a foul being called....nba said "enough is enough"....it was good old fashion bazball and it was entertaining...imho

I liked it too, other than Love getting hurt. Throwback series.

C's got physical and then JR Smith and Perkins thugged it up. Those two are professional a-holes.

Celtics are not in the class of cleveland talent wise this year for sure, but overacheived based on their roster. Let's see where the cavs go with theirs.

We watched a different series. Once the series hit Boston, the Cavs brought a basketball to a rugby match.

Back