Wake/NC St chatter

booksbestfriend

On Johnny's Shitlist
My lines are 18/69. My book always boost TTs w/ a hook. So, this projects 43.5-44.5 & 26.5-27.5. My question is if NC St would run it up if provided the opportunity. Can they reach that number? Of course. But, what is the point. Style points mean nothing when there are no NE6 in your future. I believe their D is capable of winning the LOS. Thus, keeping the scoring lower than totaled. Therefore, do they need 43.5 to win the game, or are they coached by someone that provides boosters a reason to put some cash down.

RIP this game apart CTG. I am sure a winner can be found.

classic case of us degenerates wanting to wager on this game because its a weeknight and its all that is on. if this were on a Saturday card, we wouldn't look twice, itd be an easy no play. in these cases, I try to stay disciplined and not play them just cause. I might throw NC state into my monster ML parlay for Saturdays games just to have some rooting interest

NC State lost a heart breaker last year with one of their young WRs caught a would-be go-ahead TD pass with like 2min left or something and he fumbled. NC St outgained them by 168y.

WF outgained the Syracuse last week and handed them 10 easy pts off turnovers, plus WF was only 4-of-6 in RZ with two empty possessions after 60+y drives. Depsite some of those "what if" things, WF's other problem was 3rd down, staying on the field and getting Cuse off the field...WF just 4 of 16, Cuse was 10 of 22. NCSt is the best team in the ACC and 7th nationally in converting 3rd downs so WF going to have to do some things different to get them off the field.

WF could make those kind of mistakes and have that kind of inefficiency again this week. FSU D really limited them and had success, so that too would make you think NCSt will do something similar.

Won't be laying the pts, want to like the Deacs because it feels like the line is a little high but I don't know.

NC St has scored 35 vs UVA, "only" 28 vs BC and 47 vs FSU in their home ACC games. The BC game they were just 3-of-6 in the RZ, they really should've had more pts in that one. Even if they kick just 3 FGs on those trips, that gets closer to their average.

Last edited:
Read somewhere that the Wake QB IS OUT, backup is banged up too....so it comes down to wake running the ball?

NCSt Run D:

2ed89047-433f-4e28-beca-9360dec69348.png

Aiding their rush D numbers are some great sack figures...25 on the year. 10 the last two weeks knocking 85y off the Cuse and FSU rushing numbers.

I will not be taking anything that requires points from Wake given the QB situation and revenge from last year. Should see plenty of effort from Thursday night home team. Not a fan of 24.5, seems like that's a hook that gets me but prolly Wake tt under

I will not be taking anything that requires points from Wake given the QB situation and revenge from last year. Should see plenty of effort from Thursday night home team. Not a fan of 24.5, seems like that's a hook that gets me but prolly Wake tt under
I'm big on State in this one. This is a home-team series. Wake won 3 of the last 4 at home, and then State spanks 'em in Raleigh the following year. This fits the bill with the ending last year that S--K referred to.

The Wake D is in shambles. DC fired mid-year. Lots of injuries.

We have future NFL QB Finley vs. true frosh Newman who has thrown a grand total of 15 passes. And State will make Wake throw the ball. State plays to take away the run, and BC (120 yards) is the only ACC opponent to break 100 yards rushing.

My team just played these teams consecutively three and four games ago, and there is a big difference between 63-3 and 41-7.

http://wakeforestreview.com/wake-v-syracuse-football-recap/

The Wake Forest defense continues to operate in crisis mode. In an almost cruel fashion, safety Demetrius Kemp was moved to middle linebacker this week to try and shore up the position before twisting his ankle early in the first quarter. The lack of reliable tacklers in the second level continues to compound on Wake Forest. Justin Strnad and Cameron Glenn highlighted the defensive attempts, tallying up 14 and 11 total tackles respectively.

Regardless, Clawson could only comment: “We had an awful tackling day. Similar to other games where we played well early, but once the snap counts get high we get crushed.”

Why -- pick-6's and short fields for State? If so, why not just play State?

I'd lean State too, but the RS Sophomore Newman has the better ability to pass rather than Hinton. To at least give a shot at some points from WF, as they still have Dortch and weak secondary for NC St.

And if that's not enough for you, my daughter is watching cartoons on some Nick channel, and a few minutes ago there was a football game in which the winning team's fight song was NC State's.

It was weird at the game on Saturday when the Tiger Band played the NC State fight song for the first time I could recall. It was in honor of an Army vet from the Korean conflict.

Back