Waiver Wires

twinkie13

In transit, arriving late.
Man I am starting to rethink this. People who have shitty teams just creep on into the playoffs. I am in a 10 team league...one dude has 2 wins...EVERYONE ELSE IS 6-6 OR 7-5.

How dumb is that? What do most people do in a 10 team league? We have voted on this back and forth year after year.....

I know there are arguments both ways....people pick up people just to block people....some people draft well and then never get a sniff after they get an injury at the most fucked up time...

What do you all do?

i just mean i like how we do it at ctg. waiver rolls all year, so u can hold onto top spot or get thrown to the back if you use it

I did my first ever auction type waiver system in a league this year. I really enjoyed it and it is probably would be my
Preference in the future

i just mean i like how we do it at ctg. waiver rolls all year, so u can hold onto top spot or get thrown to the back if you use it

Yeah thats the best way, I really like the auction format too. It adds a lot of strategy to it.

Man I am starting to rethink this. People who have shitty teams just creep on into the playoffs. I am in a 10 team league...one dude has 2 wins...EVERYONE ELSE IS 6-6 OR 7-5.

How dumb is that? What do most people do in a 10 team league? We have voted on this back and forth year after year.....

I know there are arguments both ways....people pick up people just to block people....some people draft well and then never get a sniff after they get an injury at the most fucked up time...

What do you all do?

I've been in plenty of leagues over time and I've never been in one where people picked up people simply to block another owner. Are you sure that is note received on your part?

Three leagues I am in and the waiver is done different in all three.

1.) 1,000 auction
2.) go to the back of the line
3.) changes every week due to how many points you scored the week before.

I liked it better when my auction league used to be first come first serve as games were being played. The more you paid attention, the better off you were. Not a fan of auction, but maybe it is bc I haven't been able to master it yet.

Go to the back of the line is the most fair way to do it.

I do not like my last league's way of waivers.

never done a 10 team league, think 12 is much more fun.

im a fan of auction for the waiver wire. CTG basketball league does it. last year spek spent 4/5ths of his budget when jeremy lin, some what entertaining to see who bids how much

its not even about paying attention in "first come first serve". its about making sure youre near the internet. you could pay attention and still get f'ed if you don't sit near a computer all day.

Back