Waiver Wire/Trades Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone else have Darren Waller? This sudden hamstring injury sucks so hard. Who are people getting as backup options?

Cade Otton looks really interesting. Should get volume (relatively little competition for touches, especially compared to guys like Conklin and Knox), Baker likes tight ends, and he seems like a pretty good athlete.

Kelce, Andrews, now maybe Waller. Carnage for TEs. I'm in the same boat with Andrews. I didn't draft a backup. Johnson maybe from NO?
Yeah Johnson was going to be the plan because of what Carr told his brother, but he's already taken in my league at least. We (I share the team with a friend) went with Musgrave. Clearly atop his team's depth chart, visible rapport with Love, lessened competition for touches due to WR injuries. I also liked Otten for similar reasons.

Yeah Johnson was going to be the plan because of what Carr told his brother, but he's already taken in my league at least. We (I share the team with a friend) went with Musgrave. Clearly atop his team's depth chart, visible rapport with Love, lessened competition for touches due to WR injuries. I also liked Otten for similar reasons.
Yeah sounds like Doubs is on a snap count. No Watson (of course I have him too).

I am already stuck for Week 1.
I need a TE for Week 1. Kelce OUT, Andrews OUT

Any suggestions on a for a TE this week?

I do have Taysom Hill (Saints) available & Isiah Likely looks to be Andrews Back Up

1694350680161.png

Musgrave stands out with no Watson and Doubs a little dinged up. Likely is no slouch too.
Yes I went with Musgrave, too, glad we thought alike on this. With Aaron possibly hurt, he might be worth hanging on to if you got him (as I did, as a safety for Waller)

I snagged the Bills in the CTG league a few weeks ago....feel good about that. On the wire is Jax vs Carolina, not a bad play. Bears defense hosting Atlanta is strength against strength, not bad. Seattle gets Mason....defend the deep shots and that could be OK. Green Bay either faces Mullens or a rookie, could be playable. Pittsburgh has played Geno well in the past but they're pretty banged up on the back end. Vegas......roll the dice for more turnover/TDs? They can't do it a third week in a row, can they?

In two other finals I have KC against Browning minus Chase and Denver against Easton Stick minus Keenan Allen. Hoping to see some road woes. Rams are also a possibility but Tyrod is very careful with the ball and its in New York so no thanks.

I snagged the Bills in the CTG league a few weeks ago....feel good about that. On the wire is Jax vs Carolina, not a bad play. Bears defense hosting Atlanta is strength against strength, not bad. Seattle gets Mason....defend the deep shots and that could be OK. Green Bay either faces Mullens or a rookie, could be playable. Pittsburgh has played Geno well in the past but they're pretty banged up on the back end. Vegas......roll the dice for more turnover/TDs? They can't do it a third week in a row, can they?
My co-manager who usually lets me take care of defense made us get rid of Cleveland and hold onto Jacksonville specifically for this week, and now we're both too scared to play Jax. I'm so mad about it but the team is in his name. Would you not be too scared to play Jacksonville -- and Green Bay for that matter? Both secondaries have looked so helpless.

In two other finals I have KC against Browning minus Chase and Denver against Easton Stick minus Keenan Allen. Hoping to see some road woes. Rams are also a possibility but Tyrod is very careful with the ball and its in New York so no thanks.
I have the Jets but they'll be on the field too much plus Flacco revenge angle kind of scares me. I have Denver, you give me some more confidence in them. I just hope the Broncos don't feel gutted after last week?

Raiders would still have been productive I think even without the touchdowns, but yeah that seems too incredible to continue. I also don't like the spot of Raiders coming off big upset and Colts returning home after that dud. But the Raiders have been playing really hard and their D does have some good weapons. I think they rearranged their d-line a bit, which is helping.

Seattle looks interesting against Rudolph coming off that high, although the Seahawks D seems to have cooled down.

The Chargers especially if Denver miss Sutton look sneaky interesting to me. I was thinking rather about Carolina given the mess Jax's O is in. Trevor is still not practicing and that o-line is so bad. Carolina doesn't seem to get sacks though.

Cleveland would've been ideal. I do think the Jags will be OK against Young and his unimpressive crew of receivers. Denver is getting their second look at Stick and had the extra preparation time.

There are quite a few defenses with a decent enough matchup on paper.....some will crap the bed I suppose.

Seattle looks interesting against Rudolph coming off that high, although the Seahawks D seems to have cooled down.

The Chargers especially if Denver miss Sutton look sneaky interesting to me. I was thinking rather about Carolina given the mess Jax's O is in. Trevor is still not practicing and that o-line is so bad. Carolina doesn't seem to get sacks though.
Chargers suddenly do look interesting with Russell getting benched.

Chargers suddenly do look interesting with Russell getting benched.
Literally came here just to post that. If Bosa plays and Sutton sits I think I‘ll actually play them. Chargers look motivated, I feel like they‘ll want to knock out Denver

Kind of worried that Denver is throwing in the towel?? Why would they go to a guy who hasn’t thrown a pass all season.

Literally came here just to post that. If Bosa plays and Sutton sits I think I‘ll actually play them. Chargers look motivated, I feel like they‘ll want to knock out Denver

Kind of worried that Denver is throwing in the towel?? Why would they go to a guy who hasn’t thrown a pass all season.
Financial move. He's guaranteed his 2024 salary of $39M but not his 2025 of $37M unless he's on the roster in March. If he suffered a major injury in the next two weeks they would need to keep him on the roster for rehab. So they're putting him in bubble wrap with plans to cut him loose next season.

If he had beaten the Pats I wonder what Payton would've done. Weird because on the list of Donkey problems this year he's been nowhere near the top. 7th in QB rating ahead of Lamar and Josh Allen. 26/8 TD/Int ratio is tied with Baker for 2nd best in the league (behind ahem, Dak). He takes a lot of sacks but Javonte only gets 3.6 yards per carry, so maybe the OL just sucks. The defense is DFL in points allowed. Russ wasn't scoring 71 in Miami. The Jets scored 31, the Commanders scored 35, the Lions hung 42 and the Pats scored 26.

But he's not Payton's guy so there you go.

Financial move. He's guaranteed his 2024 salary of $39M but not his 2025 of $37M unless he's on the roster in March. If he suffered a major injury in the next two weeks they would need to keep him on the roster for rehab. So they're putting him in bubble wrap with plans to cut him loose next season.

If he had beaten the Pats I wonder what Payton would've done. Weird because on the list of Donkey problems this year he's been nowhere near the top. 7th in QB rating ahead of Lamar and Josh Allen. 26/8 TD/Int ratio is tied with Baker for 2nd best in the league (behind ahem, Dak). He takes a lot of sacks but Javonte only gets 3.6 yards per carry, so maybe the OL just sucks. The defense is DFL in points allowed. Russ wasn't scoring 71 in Miami. The Jets scored 31, the Commanders scored 35, the Lions hung 42 and the Pats scored 26.

But he's not Payton's guy so there you go.
I don’t think you can quantify it like that. Russ inflates his numbers. He plays in a way that makes his stat line prettier than he should be, but he‘s definitely an unproductive loser of a quarterback who Denver will go nowhere with.

Russ has the third-most time to throw, so I think he definitely carries a lot of responsibility for the sacks. Denver actually ranks ninth in pass-block win rate.

Pats also managed only 289 yards. Broncos D definitely better as of late, they do struggle against team speed (Fins and Lions) but imo they’re less of a problem than Russ. Russ definitely not worth the money he gets. He‘s just a public image jackass.

If you ever play in a league that doesn’t use defense you will never want to play in one that does again. Wish I could provide some insight as you fellas were great last week when I really needed some opinions.
Good luck to everyone in your pursuit of fantasy glory!

Back