Waiver Wire Sleepers

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Corey Davis
Dede Westbrook
John Brown (prob not a sleeper anymore)
TJ Yeldon (Fournette injury persisting. Also a receiving threat)

High targets = high floor. Davis is #1 plus no Delanie Walker and Westbrook is Bortles‘ top guy

Aaron Jones and Austin Ekeler i think are iffy. Not much volume so low floor even if they‘ve been producing lately

Giants D looked really strong against Saints. Just need O to actually move the fucking ball. Hopefully a QB plays for them who’s willing to take risks. Think when Vernon and Apple come back this D will ultimately be very productive

we are at the point of the season where it is unlikely anyone is gonna come out of nowhere unless there is an injury or 2 to get them playing time. Really liked what I saw out of Keke Coutee on the Texans; dude had a great camp and is now healthy. Right now hes clearly option 3 but Fuller gets hurt a lot, he could be Deshauns number 2 in no time.

Seattle has a guy David Moore who they like who might get more time as the season goes on and they fade. They may cut Marshall at some point as well.

of the guys you have said so far, I cant imagine them not being rostered yet, if they aren't yeah get em and let me in your league haha. ekeler is a real good player but hes clearly behind Gordon so hes gonna have some goose eggs. last week he ahd a td but if he didn't get that td he barely touched the ball otherwise.

love aaron jones, hopefully GB knows he should be their main guy, Jamaal Williams is the definition of average.

Don’t think Davis should’ve ever been dropped unless from panicky owners.

From watching some Bears games maybe Taylor Gabriel, they seem to want to get him the ball, whether it’s a run or pass. Maybe he gets swept up but just think you keep watching and if he keeps producing he may get hard to ignore.

Last edited:
Ajayi on IR. So Clement or Smallwood? @D-Woww

Really wanna get rid of Ekeler, his floor is scary low. Trying to replace Fournette causing me headaches

Really wanna get rid of Ekeler, his floor is scary low. Trying to replace Fournette causing me headaches

I mean if you are asking me as an eagles fan, we are all crossing our fingers for Leveon Bell.

But assuming health, clement will be the guy, although it will surely be a time share

Same boat with Leonard. I snagged Clement as the top waiver wire pick ended up being Smallwood. Rolling with Corey this week over Collins and Aaron Jones unless I hear something different before Thurs night.

Only as a short term handcuff to Yeldon until Lennie gets back. If you don't have Yeldon then no.

Worth picking up Jamaal Charles?

Dude seems washed-up based on his last performance as a Bronco? This signing is strictly out of pure necessity with Grant on IR as well. Yeldon will be the main guy. WILL JAGS EVEN RUN THE FUCKING BALL THIS TIME? TJ is also a receiving threat so not like Charles could have an edge there. I'd think either Clement or Smallwood would be a lot better

Hilton and Doyle out. Chester Rogers gotta be the man in pass-first O against banged-up Jets secondary

Looking for a bye week filler for Week 7 and maybe a future flex. Who's play is most sustainable:

M Goodwin - Finally healthy, but Rams are tough and Beathard is Beathard.
Al Wilson - seems to have supplanted Stills as top threat. Does that draw him Slay?
Taywan Taylor - All Titans sucked last week but he seems to be the #2 on a team with limited weapons.
R Anderson - Darnold finally starting to notice him a little, but the target % are still shaky.
Ty Williams - function of playing the Browns last week?
P Richardson - seems solid but targets are limited

Looking for a bye week filler for Week 7 and maybe a future flex. Who's play is most sustainable:

M Goodwin - Finally healthy, but Rams are tough and Beathard is Beathard.
Al Wilson - seems to have supplanted Stills as top threat. Does that draw him Slay?
Taywan Taylor - All Titans sucked last week but he seems to be the #2 on a team with limited weapons.
R Anderson - Darnold finally starting to notice him a little, but the target % are still shaky.
Ty Williams - function of playing the Browns last week?
P Richardson - seems solid but targets are limited

Most of those guys are big play dependent, but I like Goodwin the most out of the bunch. I'd stay away from anyone on the Titans

Most of those guys are big play dependent, but I like Goodwin the most out of the bunch. I'd stay away from anyone on the Titans
Thanks. I originally drafted Goodwin in round 5 but dropped him after the Jimmy G injury and his own leg issues. Agree he probably has the most upside of the list.

Ended up going the trade route and sold off Alex Collins for Smokey Brown. With Melvin and Ingram as my RBs and Lennie (someday) and Clement as flex options I felt Collins was the best asset to move. Ravens see a lot of soft pass Ds the rest of the way.

Interesting, with AB on bye Ive been pouring over picking up Goodwin or Smokey Brown for this week. Both big play dependent, Smokey less so.

I like to use ESPN Points Allowed stats by position to compare schedules. I take out the noise of run plays for WRs and recalculate for full point PPR/game on receptions only. 33.3 and under rate as bottom 9 matchups and 40.0 and up rate as top 9 matchups.

Looking at Goodwin weeks 7-14

LAR - 36.8
ARI - 33.3 -
OAK - 40.2 +
NYG - 29.2 -
bye
TB - 49.4 +
SEA - 32.0 -
DEN 34.0

For Smokey Brown:

NO - 50.5 +
Car 36.2
Pit - 44.8 +
bye
Cin 38.8
Oak 40.2 +
Atl 43.6 +
KC 38.9

That's what eventually sold me on pulling the trigger on Brown. Well that and the week 10 bye fit in well with the rest of the roster.

Courtland Sutton

DJ Moore if Smith is out again

Just be careful with the amount of love peeps are going to automatically give to Sutton. 1. He has an upcoming bye week after this Houston game which hurts his value. 2. He will see an uptick in targets but Case Keenum (who sucks donkey balls is still his QB) 3. He will be now playing on the outside and facing the opposition's #1 CB.

Not saying he's not worth a pickup, but especially if you use FAAB in your leagues for pickups, I wouldn't go unloading more than 20% ish on him is all I'm saying.

Just be careful with the amount of love peeps are going to automatically give to Sutton. 1. He has an upcoming bye week after this Houston game which hurts his value. 2. He will see an uptick in targets but Case Keenum (who sucks donkey balls is still his QB) 3. He will be now playing on the outside and facing the opposition's #1 CB.

Not saying he's not worth a pickup, but especially if you use FAAB in your leagues for pickups, I wouldn't go unloading more than 20% ish on him is all I'm saying.

also, his snap count was pretty strong as it was. Deshean Hamilton is the guy who really will see an uptick

we are at the point of the season where it is unlikely anyone is gonna come out of nowhere unless there is an injury or 2 to get them playing time. Really liked what I saw out of Keke Coutee on the Texans; dude had a great camp and is now healthy. Right now hes clearly option 3 but Fuller gets hurt a lot, he could be Deshauns number 2 in no time.

Seattle has a guy David Moore who they like who might get more time as the season goes on and they fade. They may cut Marshall at some point as well.

of the guys you have said so far, I cant imagine them not being rostered yet, if they aren't yeah get em and let me in your league haha. ekeler is a real good player but hes clearly behind Gordon so hes gonna have some goose eggs. last week he ahd a td but if he didn't get that td he barely touched the ball otherwise.

love aaron jones, hopefully GB knows he should be their main guy, Jamaal Williams is the definition of average.

this wasn't a bad call from a few weeks ago, moores a td machine...just pattin myself on the back a bit

Thinking to drop Sutton and take up Devante Parker. Hamilton i can get any day lol espec after the texans then bye

Duke Johnson. Saw huge role increase under new oc. Now faces Falcons who are dead-last against rb‘s catching out of backfield

Back