Waiver wire advice/thoughts

• Thread starter Thread starter Lareux
  • Start date Start date
L

Lareux

I have the #1 waiver priority in my league (have for 2 weeks now but haven't used it), have the highest scoring team in the league, yet my record is 2-2 (why I hate H2H). I'll post my team, and then who's available...I want to get thoughts on whether or not I should make a move using my priority. We can also make moves after the 9pm Wed deadline, and those don't count against your priority, and right now I'm leaning towards waiting and possibly picking up someone who wasn't scooped up with the priority moves if I really want to make a move.

The roster in this league is a bit odd though, you have to have a backup QB, backup K, and backup D on your roster....which leaves 3 other bench spots for WR/RB. (We don't start a TE either, TE is just treated the same as a WR). You also cannot pick up a guy in the same week he was dropped by someone else, which is why you'll see some guys available as they were just dropped this past week.

My starters...

QB Luck
RB McCoy
RB Murray
WR Jordy
WR Edelman
WR Cooks
K Bailey
D Browns

My bench...

QB Romo
RB Pierce
WR Fitzgerald
WR A. Johnson
K Crosby
D NO

Here's who is out there as far as FAs....

RBs...Asiata, Khiry Robinson, Vereen, Forsett, Taliaferro, McKinnon, Hyde, Antone Smith, West, Ingram, P. Thomas, Hyde, Blue, Moreno (he's injured obviously, but I may pick him up and stash him on IR, but not with a priority move)

WR/TEs...Royal, Hurns, James Jones, Sanu, Hester, Decker, Tate, Welker, Floyd, Jennings, Evans

Last edited by a moderator:
What I'm looking for is...does anyone think there is someone there I have to pick up since I get first crack at anyone I want this week?

I'm definitely looking to drop Pierce (and will do it this week either using my priority or after), but have to replace him with a RB if I do (have to have 3RB/5WR or 4RB/4WR on team, cannot have 2/6)....Asiata? I only question that because it seems McKinnon may be just as valuable. Is there another RB on that list who I absolutely shouldn't chance someone else picking him up with a priority move? I'm not sure there is, especially because Murray and Shady probably aren't going to be benched in any week.

Also, should I drop either Andre Johnson or Fitzgerald and look to pick up another WR from that list (I can also replace with a RB since I only have 3 now)?

If I were to drop one of my wideouts, I most likely wouldn't use my priority and would just wait until after Wed at 9pm and see who is left that hasn't been picked up, since I don't think it's as pressing of a need for me at this time. But, should I drop one of my WRs and pick up someone like Royal, Hester, or Welker? I've thought about Royal and dropping Fitz...is that worth a priority move?

I like the fact that I have the #1 priority, and don't want to use it just to use it....it could come in handy, but are we almost past that point where someone just pops up out of nowhere and is THE must pickup guy?

Any thoughts are welcomed, please bring some good suggestions.

:shake:

i don't think you use your #1 on those guys because there are enough RBs available to wait, or pick up FA.

i would not drop Aj or fitz for those wrs i don't think, and definitely not using waiver.

marvin jones is an interesting add to watch to see what he does this week.

I'd save that #1 waiver and just hope Foster goes down for the year in one of these games and pick up Blue. Asiata stinks. McKinnon deserves the majority split there with Asiata as a mere goal line/ short yardage option. Like a Chris Johnson / Lendale White pairing

Thanks guys. Was pretty much thinking the same thing as far as not using the priority.

I will be dropping Pierce though, but I'll do it after the priority moves are done for the week.

yeah no need to rush out there and use priority.

really dont see you needing to add a WR. for RBs long term rest of year value - mckinnon, blue, Taliaferro, ingram may have already been forgotten about but might be worth the add later. Hyde would be worth the priority if Gore went down.

Back