WAIT...WTF!?!

husky17

Wreck it Ralph....
Prospect commits ... but did he have any offers?

From Rivals.com staff reports
It was a typical occurrence in today's recruiting world: A big lineman from a small high school holds a news conference to announce where he will play college football.
Two local TV stations showed up to film the event, and a majority of the students at the school turned out to watch.
But there was one problem when Kevin Hart, a 6-foot-4, 304-pounder from Fernley ( Nev. ) High, chose California on Friday: Cal never officially offered a scholarship. In fact, it appears no one from the school ever talked with Hart.
The situation now is such that Fernley High coach Mark Hodges told BearTerritory.net – a Web site that covers Cal sports – that the matter is "being investigated by law enforcement."
At Friday's announcement, Hart told those assembled that he and Cal coach Jeff Tedford had "talked a lot, and the fact that the head coach did most of the recruiting of me kind of gave me the real personal experience."
In a Jan. 23 story in the Reno ( Nev. ) Gazette-Journal, Hart – who while possessing good size, isn't considered a top prospect; he lacks quickness and upper-body strength – said he was considering Oregon , Washington and Illinois and had recently spoken by phone with new Texas A&M coach Mike Sherman.
But BearTerritory.net reported that the Cal staff has had no contact with Hart or Hodges and that Hart hasn't been on a recruiting trip to any school.
The Nevada Interscholastic Athletics Association is looking into the matter as well, and executive director Eddie Bonine told the Gazette-Journal, "It could be that someone was impersonating those schools."
Hodges told bearterritory.net that he had been in discussions about the Hart matter with other school officials and with school-district representatives.

another resource: http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200880203018

I also read where the FBI is getting involved.

I think it had to do with seeing if there really individuals representing themselves as school officials.

I was reading that he may have an academic scholy for cal, but many are disclaiming that.. no one still really knows.. lol

rofl. hope he enjoyed it while it lasted. should've spent more time in the weight room instead of calling the local media.

mind boggling.......

i sure hope this kid was duped, and it wasnt him just pulling off some stupid shit......

Little bastard made the whole thing up:

RENO, Nev. -- A Fernley High School football player who had claimed he was duped into believing he was recruited to play at a Pac-10 school admitted Wednesday he made up the story.

Kevin Hart, a 6-foot-5, 290-pound offensive lineman, offered a broad apology in a statement he issued Wednesday afternoon through the Lyon County School District. He said he had wanted to play football at a Division I school "more than anything."
"When I realized that wasn't going to happen, I made up what I wanted to be reality. I am sorry for disappointing and embarrassing my family, coaches, Fernley High School, the involved universities and reporters covering the story," Hart said.

Lyon County sheriff's detectives had said earlier Wednesday that they had been unable to corroborate Hart's claims that he had been duped by a man he had paid to help promote him in his bid to play college football.
Hart spoke with deputies Saturday, a day after he announced at a school assembly and a press conference that he would sign with University of California, Berkeley.
At the announcement ceremony on Friday, Hart, with Fernley coach Mark Hodges at his side, said he talked Cal head coach Jeff Tedford many times, and that "personal experience" led to his decision to choose the Golden Bears over Oregon, the Reno Gazette-Journal reported.

But the announcement was questioned almost immediately, and on Monday officials with California and University of Oregon said Hart was never recruited by their programs.
Lyon County sheriff's Lt. Rob Hall said Wednesday morning that "nothing has been corroborated."
"There are some things that appear to be inconsistent with how the [recruiting] process works," he said.

Hall said Hart had claimed the alleged recruiter was named Kevin Riley, and that he believed he was from Las Vegas.

Hart, however, was "unable to provide any phone numbers, addresses," or other contact information for the purported recruiter, Hall said.

On Tuesday, Lyon County School District administrators said an internal investigation showed that none of the universities once thought to have pursued Hart -- including Nevada, Washington and Oklahoma State -- were involved.
Superintendent Nat Lommori and Assistant Superintendent Teri White, in issuing the statement the day before recruits across the country sign letters of intent to play for college programs, said they wanted to relieve concerns prospective recruits to those schools might have because of the Hart matter.

Little bastard made the whole thing up:

RENO, Nev. -- A Fernley High School football player who had claimed he was duped into believing he was recruited to play at a Pac-10 school admitted Wednesday he made up the story.

Kevin Hart, a 6-foot-5, 290-pound offensive lineman, offered a broad apology in a statement he issued Wednesday afternoon through the Lyon County School District. He said he had wanted to play football at a Division I school "more than anything."
"When I realized that wasn't going to happen, I made up what I wanted to be reality. I am sorry for disappointing and embarrassing my family, coaches, Fernley High School, the involved universities and reporters covering the story," Hart said.

Lyon County sheriff's detectives had said earlier Wednesday that they had been unable to corroborate Hart's claims that he had been duped by a man he had paid to help promote him in his bid to play college football.
Hart spoke with deputies Saturday, a day after he announced at a school assembly and a press conference that he would sign with University of California, Berkeley.
At the announcement ceremony on Friday, Hart, with Fernley coach Mark Hodges at his side, said he talked Cal head coach Jeff Tedford many times, and that "personal experience" led to his decision to choose the Golden Bears over Oregon, the Reno Gazette-Journal reported.

But the announcement was questioned almost immediately, and on Monday officials with California and University of Oregon said Hart was never recruited by their programs.
Lyon County sheriff's Lt. Rob Hall said Wednesday morning that "nothing has been corroborated."
"There are some things that appear to be inconsistent with how the [recruiting] process works," he said.

Hall said Hart had claimed the alleged recruiter was named Kevin Riley, and that he believed he was from Las Vegas.

Hart, however, was "unable to provide any phone numbers, addresses," or other contact information for the purported recruiter, Hall said.

On Tuesday, Lyon County School District administrators said an internal investigation showed that none of the universities once thought to have pursued Hart -- including Nevada, Washington and Oklahoma State -- were involved.
Superintendent Nat Lommori and Assistant Superintendent Teri White, in issuing the statement the day before recruits across the country sign letters of intent to play for college programs, said they wanted to relieve concerns prospective recruits to those schools might have because of the Hart matter.

holy fuck, i felt sorry for the poor kid.....and was thinking as a 2 star recruit he would fit in the WAC.......

fuck, he is fucked, he wont even get d-II or III, and may not even be able to pay his way into a JC......

:down2:

As a side note to this story ....

I , Vegaskyle , realized this past spring that I still had a year of eligibility left to play college football. After carefully considering my offers from Penn State , Texas , and Georgia ..... I have decided to take my scholarship offer from Mac Brown and the Texas Longhorns !!! It was Mac Browns personal recruiting visits that put Texas over the top and I look forward to replacing Colt McCoy at the qb position by midseason. I want to thank Joe Paterno and Coach Richt for all the attention they gave me but in the end .... I am just a longhorn at heart.

I know 1 thing.

If I was 6'4 and 304lbs,

My schollie would be real. What a waste of a big body

Back