Wade Phillips

Joe Public

Gabibbo's Finest
As an Eagle fan I can only hope Jerry Jones meant what he said this week that no matter what happened Phillips returns as coach of that team next year.

As an Eagle fan, here's the perfect offseason.

Jerry Jones backs Phillips as head coach of that team.

Miami and Baltimore raid the Cowboys' staff.

The Eagles sign a #1 WR in free agency (Berrian, etc.)

The Eagles have a solid draft for a change.

I'd say things about Andy or Donovan but I think at this point the best news on their front that we can hope for is no news.

Go Birds.

I loved seeing the clueless look on his face during that game.

Your right Joe, as much as some eagles fans hate to admit Reid is probably the best coach in the NFC East at this point.

wade%20Phillips.jpg

I loved seeing the clueless look on his face during that game.

Your right Joe, as much as some eagles fans hate to admit Reid is probably the best coach in the NFC East at this point.

You mean that clueless look???

:36_11_6:

And I agree, Reid is the best coach in the division. I dont have a problem with Reid the coach, its mainly Reid the stubborn ass personnel guy i have the problem with

I dont have a problem with Reid the coach

You mean that 65/35 pass-to-run ratio is good with you when you're throwing to Reggie Brown and Greg Lewis and you RB is Brian Westbrook, that's OK with you.

And the theory that if he could call four timeouts before they were mid-way through the second quarter he would, you're still OK with that, too?

=)

I dont have a problem with Reid the coach

You mean that 65/35 pass-to-run ratio is good with you when you're throwing to Reggie Brown and Greg Lewis and you RB is Brian Westbrook, that's OK with you.

And the theory that if he could call four timeouts before they were mid-way through the second quarter he would, you're still OK with that, too?

=)

Westbrook 90 receptions - 278 carries
Curtis 77 receptions
Brown 61 receptions

Philly pass plays 07 - 577
Philly run plays 07 - 421

I think that's about right. I wouldn't want westbrook carrying the ball more than that, unless I planned to trade himt he following year. Don't forget philly was about 4 FGs away from a monster season.

The eagles should be competitive again next year if they get a WR that can stretch the field and as long as reid dosen't have any more kids (only because they can't seem to stay outta jail).

JP and other Eagle fans, I root for the Eagles next to the Bears because I love McNabb. That said, is Reid really that disliked by Eagle fans? He has done so much for that team and franchise I feel.

I like Andy actually. He's just very much like McNabb in my book. I want to back the guy unconditionally, with everything I have, but at times they just make that really difficult.

Andy has done a ton for this team. An absolute ton. And I still think he can win a title. But the only coach on that staff that I ever see really out-coach anybody is Jim Johnson. Very rarely do I look at Andy and Marty and think, 'man, that gameplan just smoked that other team.'

Then you get into clock management. But Smoke hits it, it's the personnel choices that really drive you to drink. Freddie Mitchell? Never filling the hole at LB, etc.

That all said, I think that if the Eagles stick with McNabb this offseason which it sort of looks like they will. And if they spend a little money in free agency, I agree, I think this team has a surprisingly bright future going into next season.

Oh, and back to the original topic. Wade Phillips is on ESPNews right now and he ain't goin' anywhere.

Yes.

=)

Who cares? You don't say that and it shows what the Cowboys think of themselves, still living in the fucking 90s.

I've seen it, BC, and I couldn't be happier.

This was Dallas' Barry Switzer year.

Now it can begin.

I should start with a slog through to a 9-7 season. Then TO will start carping. Then the draft picks from this year and next won't pan out, and soon they can be back at 6-10.

All thanks to Jerry Jones.

Go Birds.

What is it with you Eagles fan and your hard on for the Cowboys?

That's why you haven't won a Super Bowl when having chance after chance after chance in recent years.

Get your own damn team competitive for shits sake.

What is it with you Eagles fan and your hard on for the Cowboys?

That's why you haven't won a Super Bowl when having chance after chance after chance in recent years.

Get your own damn team competitive for shits sake.

Are you kidding? The Eagles have been the better franchise over the Cowboys for the last several years running. That isn't even an argument.

Back