VT at FSU

This is looking really unlucky. Both defenses looking vulnerable, VT linebackers in space and secondary deep and FSU defense entirely, but a lot of missed opportunities keeping this thing under. Hope things turn around for you in second half you made a smart play BOL

This is looking really unlucky. Both defenses looking vulnerable, VT linebackers in space and secondary deep and FSU defense entirely, but a lot of missed opportunities keeping this thing under. Hope things turn around for you in second half you made a smart play BOL
Thanks man! Yeah, been a ton of bad breaks. FSU looks really bad now.

I liked it too. FSU just hasn't learned the system well enough.

They have a lot of plays that require the QB to make a running read and there are some players that consistently make the wrong read. FSU QB was one of those guys. Hopefully, if you are FSU, he figures it out with more experience running the system. And to be fair, the VT DL dominated the FSU oline in the second half.

Things might be different were they to play again in the ACC championship game down the line when FSU is more organized.

VT appeared to be playing more inspired and disciplined and downhill in the second half, and had their offense not had the self-inflicted wounds, the score would have been worse.

Anyway, agreed with you on the over and we were just wrong.

I liked what I saw from VT and they are now the favorite in the coastal after seeing Miami get wrecked. But you’re right. This was mostly a terrible outing by FSU. They looked completely lost. I’ve got a feeling Taggart won’t be successful there. But hopefully they’ll pick up the system and turn things around.

Oh, and Fuente is a very good coach. Underrated. Interesting side note...Fuente and Taggart both quarterbacked 1-AA teams in Kentucky in the 90s. Taggart at WKU and Fuente at Murray State.

There's your overreaction

VT over Miami might win but that shouldn't be correct imo right now

There's your overreaction

VT over Miami might win but that shouldn't be correct imo right now
We will see. I like VT at home in a revenge game. But they don’t have the athletes to match LSU so Miami should be in it.

We will see. I like VT at home in a revenge game. But they don’t have the athletes to match LSU so Miami should be in it.
It will be mid November

The overreaction is crazy, but in college 3 weeks of maturing is huge...in this case it's 2.5 months. They will be completely different teams

Hope if you're big into college you can adapt on the fly, not just football but basketball moreso....these teams change annually and adapt monthly. It's the nature of college sports. Have to separate the mindset from pros where guys settle down. This NCAA stuff is fluent

Still just not believing in Miami. Superbly inefficient O last year predicated on big plays and key turnovers which are always highly variable. Their pass D looked like the one that allowed UVA Pitt then Wiscy (ha) quarterbacks to thrive end of season;

It will be mid November

The overreaction is crazy, but in college 3 weeks of maturing is huge...in this case it's 2.5 months. They will be completely different teams

Hope if you're big into college you can adapt on the fly, not just football but basketball moreso....these teams change annually and adapt monthly. It's the nature of college sports. Have to separate the mindset from pros where guys settle down. This NCAA stuff is fluent
Oh yeah, I see it every year with UK basketball. From struggling in December/January to final fours in March. Obviously things change rapidly. But I just don’t think Miami is very good so it’s not a crazy overreaction. VT is solid. They have a good chance to win the Coastal. Especially since they play Miami in Blacksburg. VT is also the younger team so in theory they’d improve more than Miami.

I am less convinced about VT. A lot went their way last night plus Taggart‘s shit playcalling. I wanna see their D against a halfway-decent o-line and particularly their young lb‘s and secondary get tested more

Still just not believing in Miami. Superbly inefficient O last year predicated on big plays and key turnovers which are always highly variable. Their pass D looked like the one that allowed UVA Pitt then Wiscy (ha) quarterbacks to thrive end of season;
Exactly. Miami has now lost 4 in a row. They are fugazi.

Back