Vince Young Wants OUT

brewer

Fan Club of any and everyone good!
Off of Yahoo! Sports

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—The mother of Titans quarterback Vince Young said he indicated he doesn’t want to play football and is “hurting inside and out.”

Felicia Young said in Wednesday editions of The Tennessean that her son is tired of all the negativity he’s faced after being booed during a 17-10 win Sunday over Jacksonville. On Monday, Titans coach Jeff Fisher called police to help find him.

“What would you think, if you were tired of being ridiculed and persecuted and talked about and not being treated very well, what would you do? What kind of decision would you make?” Felicia Young said “He may not want to deal with it (all), but you have to get to that point before you make that decision first.

“But we’re not talking about football right now. We’re talking about what would make him happy, and that is the most important thing.”

The phone number for Young’s home is unlisted, and his agent, Major Adams, did not answer his cell phone Wednesday morning. The Titans did not immediately return a message left by The Associated Press.

This isn’t the first time that Young has talked of wanting to quit football. He told a reporter last spring that he thought of retiring after his rookie season, a statement he said later was taken out of context.

The No. 3 pick overall in the 2006 draft, Young won the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year and followed up by helping the Titans reach the playoffs last season with a 10-6 record. He has been criticized for his passing struggles, with nine touchdowns and 17 interceptions in 2007.
His mental state has been in question since being booed Sunday after his second interception during the Jacksonville game. He didn’t want to go back into the game until prodded by Fisher.

He sprained the medial collateral ligament in his left knee four plays later and could be out for up to four weeks. Fisher said Tuesday night he is only ruling Young out for Sunday’s game at Cincinnati.

Young didn’t go to the team’s offices Monday and postponed his MRI exam until Tuesday. He met with a psychologist at his home Monday along with Fisher and another team official.

Four hours of uncertainty followed Monday night when Young left his home without his phone, prompting someone at his home to call Fisher. He called police to help find the quarterback and had a meeting late Monday night with Young and police crisis negotiators at the team’s headquarters.
Young later drove home.

Felicia Young said her son needs some space.

“It is hard, all he is going through right now. He’s hurting inside and out,” she told the newspaper.

“But he will be fine if people are prayerful and help my baby boy out. He is a young man. He just needs a lot of love and support.”

remember last year when he took a shot at McNabb after his interview with HBO?

He said: “That is his opinion. I really feel like myself ... we all go through something because that is the life of a quarterback You have to be able to handle all the pressure and you have to be able to handle the losses and you have to be able to handle the media saying this about you. If you can’t handle it, then you have to get off that position and go play something else.”

Guess VY cant handle the pressure, eh?

Mental toughness prolly needs to be attribute number 1 in an NFL quarterback.

Not good....the prediction of not playing another down in Nashville may be dead on.

VY's mother now begging for prayer and support..........please. Get a set of balls Young you friggin baby, or should I say rich friggin baby. Go play for a youth association if you cannot handle geting booed. If your QB is pulling crap like this how can anyone on the team have respect let alone think he can lead the team?

threaten to release him from his contract and therefore, cut the cash flow off, i'm sure he'll be ready to play than and his momma will be urging him to get back on the fuckin field

If he wants to quit, that's his decision, but Tenn should be able to recoup money since he is backing out of his end of the contact.

In reality, I think footballjunkie is right on. If he quits, then he will pull a Ricky Williams or a Mike Tyson, and attempt a return to the NFL for money.

recievers??? screw that!! hes suppose to make players around him better, not the other way around. they got him as a franchise player and thats what they are suppose to do. the guy had a horrible completion %, throws more ints than td.

its time to realize that this is where the big boys play. yea he was great in high school and college, but this is the best of the best!! hell, if i was 230 and 6' 4" playing in high school, i would be running all over them too. college is not competition when your school recruits top players around the country against a san diego state, for example, who mostly get local kids college.

i dont want to sound racist, because i'm not, but the "new trend" qb's that started coming in during the 2000 and up years, not one of them is a good passer. if you need to scramble, then go for it, but these guys look to run first and then pass. They need to be wide outs or tight ends, not quarter backs in the NFL.

just my 3 cents.

if the guy had some WRs to throw to he wouldn't be so sad

He could throw a pass, run down field and catch it!!

I'm a Titan's fan and really??.....poor VY doesn't want to play because he vagina is hurt. Get back on the fucking field and man up....the QB is a leader that hold's the team together.

footballjunkie couldn't have said the better. He wants to stop playing, than stop paying him. I guarantee his momma will boot his ass back on the field and she'll be looking to sign a deal with Chunky soup....

Walk away and give back all you bonus money you baby and your money this year and part of last year cause he is not earning that money, IMO.

Poor little baby fans booing at you. WTF is wrong with him.

Boo fucking hoo :smiley_abve:

What do they put in the water down there in Austin, first ricky now vince, Uh oh....

Don't forget about Benson and Mike Williams. Two huge busts.

I talked to a current NFL player who played for VY and he said the stuff is getting put out of context.

His family and childhood friends need to quit coddling him and speaking to the media or calling Jeff Fisher.

He's not having fun because he is not having success. He's had plenty of pressure while QB at Texas and it doesn't get any bigger pressure then 4th and 9 in the Rose Bowl in what was probably one of the greatest games ever.

I just don't think he likes his current situation in Tennessee.

All this stuff coming out is quite shocking to those close to him or have played for him.

He needs to nut up though.

Don't forget about Benson and Mike Williams. Two huge busts.

I talked to a current NFL player who played for VY and he said the stuff is getting put out of context.

His family and childhood friends need to quit coddling him and speaking to the media or calling Jeff Fisher.

He's not having fun because he is not having success. He's had plenty of pressure while QB at Texas and it doesn't get any bigger pressure then 4th and 9 in the Rose Bowl in what was probably one of the greatest games ever.

I just don't think he likes his current situation in Tennessee.

All this stuff coming out is quite shocking to those close to him or have played for him.

He needs to nut up though.
Come on dude, it was 4th and 5. I think he might have actual psych issues, in which case he needs professional help. I don't think this is just someone being a pussy. Hes still Football Jesus to me though.

Its not the first time he's been under the gun. After the Mizzu game everyone was calling for Chance Mock to be the QB.

Texas changed the offense to suit his legs and he never lost a damn game again and Texas averaged close to 50 points a game.

An NCAA record.

All this he can't hack it stuff you act like the dude played QB at Baylor. The backup QB is always the fan favorite at Texas.

All this he can't hack it stuff you act like the dude played QB at Baylor.

Thats not the problem....the problem is that he doesnt play Baylor's defense anymore...its a little different when your going up against Jacksonville and Baltimore and Indy instead of Texas Tech and Kansas State and Baylor...

Thats not the problem....the problem is that he doesnt play Baylor's defense anymore...its a little different when your going up against Jacksonville and Baltimore and Indy instead of Texas Tech and Kansas State and Baylor...

I'm talking about him not having any pressure on him from fans and media.

And he did fine his first year in the NFL when he would tuck it and run. Chow made him a pocket passer year two and this year it looks like the same is happening after week one in TN.

Mack Brown statements:

Mack Brown said Wednesday he had been in contact with Vince Young after reports that Young was questioning his football future.

"I’ve been in communication with Vince and anyone who knows Vince knows how competitive he is," Brown said. "He set a very high standard for himself and when he doesn’t feel like he reaches that standard in that moment, he does get disappointed.

"But he’s fine, he’s moving forward. He’s been booed before. He’s been criticized before and his worst moment here was his best moment because after he played so poorly against Missouri he never lost another game.

"So anyone who thinks Vince young is not competitive and he won’t be back and he won’t step up and he’s not going to compete and get that thing turned around doesn’t know Vince Young.

"So he’ll be fine, and we’re pulling for him and can’t wait to get him well and get him back out on the field."

Mack said he was happy for Chris Simms after being signed by Tennessee with Young likely to be out two to four weeks with a knee injury.

"Great for Chris to get an opportunity, and Chris and Vince are really good friends," Brown said. "So it will help Vince that Crhis is there.

"Those two can be close and pull together, and there’s a lot of of Longhorns on that team who will help Vince as well. Bo Scaife and Chris were best friends, so I think it’s a good spot for Chris.

"I’m glad to see him get another opportunity and I’m glad he’s there to be around Vince as well."

This from Chip Brown on the OB site on Rivals:

Greg Davis statements:

With Vince Young's rough weekend in Tennessee, I asked Greg Davis how Texas handled VY after he threw those two interceptions and got benched in the Missouri game in 2004.

"We took TV copies of great throws because you can tell him, ‘You’re making progress,’ but we wanted to show him. We picked the ones we wanted. We took about 15 shots of announcers saying, ‘Boy what a throw.‘We said, ‘Hey, look at this. This is what other people are saying about you.’ Fans are fans, that’s part of it. It’s not ever going to change. So you embrace the passion they have and that’s the way we approached it at that time.”

Young never lost another college game after that. Then I asked Davis if it's hard for VY to take criticism?

"You need to have a relationship with him," Davis said. "In my dealings with him he grew up without a male figure at home. This stuff is well-documented.

"I was the first white coach he’d ever had. Any time you get a highly recruited athlete and there’s a set of eyes on everything they do, they haven’t been coached in high school to some degree.

"I don’t mean that negatively. They’ve just been so much better than everyone else. I tried to develop a relationship where there was going to be a friend relationship off the field and a coach relationship on the field. And we worked through it.

"He helped me. I grew up in an era from Friday at lunch until after the game you didn’t speak. You prepared. He grew up in an era and taught me you can be dancing on the field before the national championship game and then play good. So everybody’s different."

From those answers it's clear VY, despite all the confidence and bravado, still needs a lot of reassurance. That can only last so long at the NFL level. Then, you have to be able to be secure in your own skin and talent.

Coach Jeff Fisher said when Vince Young is healthy he's going to have to show he's made progress on all fronts before resuming his duties as the starter. And that could be a while. Young generated a lot of negative attention Sunday when he initially refused to go back into the game against Jacksonville. He suffered the knee injury a few plays later. The next day Fisher called the police to search for Young because the coach was worried about his quarterback, who was missing for several hours. Fisher made no promises as to when Young will be back. The Titans diagnosed Young with a sprained medial collateral ligament, an injury that's sidelined some players 2-4 weeks, others longer.(Tennessean)

First Aaron Brooks attempted to become a pocket passer never amounted to squat again. Then Vick decided to put dog fight earnings in his pocket and his rectum hasnt been the same since. And now Vinsanity as his hookem brothers decided to dub has done clean lost his mind. The irony of that nickname speaks volumes at this point. If anyone really thought this guy was going to be special in the NFL they shouldve took a look at history.

On a serious note a guy called Rome yesterday from Houston saying that Momma Young was referring to the thugs Vince grew up with when saying people were talking about him and being mean. He said Vince has been getting alot of heat about forgetting those he grew up with. I know this is a common problem but I think its a cop out. I really think he isnt prepared to deal with things when they arent so good. I got news for him no other team will cater to him more or have less pressure from the media than the Titans. He has the best all around coach in the game and laid back media environment. The writing is on the wall here folks. If Vince doesnt bounce back and I mean fast his career is officially over.

his career isn't on a fast track to being officially over. this is silly. vince is going through a rough time but he will bounce back. he thrives under pressure. even with his passing struggles the team keeps on winning. he has the support from his teammates and he is a leader. with all this negative bull sh*t being written about him i wouldn't be surprised if he bounced back in a major way...

it's what he does.

"when the going gets tough, the tough get mommy talking to the media asking for prayers?"

ya, great well thought out point dude. in the face of adversity vince young has always thrived.

why don't we talk about his record as a starter? he is a leader, even with his poor performance as QB and a lack of viable receiving targets the guys wins games. bottom line.

i don't have the stats at my finger tips (nor do i care to research) but I would be curious to know what his ATS record is as a starter.

it's easy to kick a man when he's down. everyone here dogging him will be eating crow once he's back on his feet.

even with his poor performance as QB and a lack of viable receiving targets the guys wins games. bottom line.

if a team is winning games with a poorly performing QB & weak receivers, then there's only one reason they're doing so - its spelt d-e-f-e-n-s-e.
8 of TEN's 11 wins since the start of the 2007 season have seen them concede 14 pts or less. Rick Mirer could play well enough to deliver 8 wins if his D was keeping the opposition to that.

I hope he is Ok, sounds like a really depressed kid no matter what people are saying.

This is weird. He's acting like a spoiled drama queen.

I've seen the money first hand change him but jesus christ.

I'm going to have to start sucking off Chris Simms if he keeps this up.

How can you claim he's a leader when he's not wanting to go back into games?

Back