Vince Young for ROY

Just add it on to fox's true life story..

Hometown prodigy goes to the big state school struggles at first, then comes back in his final game to win it all.. Gets snubbed on draft day then returns to texas and wins in ot.. u get the point

I would've said Colston but now that he's hurt VY should be the frontrunner. If Bush scores 2 TDs tonight though look for ESPN to start the hype mill.

He should get it since he should've gotten the Heisman last year.

i'll give ya VY this year but reggie bush was hands down the best player in college football last year hell last decade. hahaha what a homer statement. yes he was great in that NC game numbers are numbers. VY has suyrprised me this year though. His numbers blow but hes finding ways to win and thats more important i would say

If Bush can score a few more touchdowns to end the year .. like 6 or 7 I dont think Vince is a lock to win it. COnsidering vince has only played about 3/4 of the games and his team isnt making the playoffs.. that opens the door for reggie. Reggie has 6 touchdowns right now, if he can end the year with 14 and 1800 total yards or so.. I think it will be pretty close.

Ripped71 said:
You're actually happy that they're winning football games now??

your point? now that they are 6-7 they would have had no chance for a top pick. I was annoyed by that lost to Baltimore because it was a turning point for the season. Right now with their position they could still use some help on the defensive front.

abcs said:
unis = uniforms. I meant the new titans uniforms

ohhh haha sorry. Yes, i'm actually a fan of the skyblue look. Personally i like uniforms with more varition. I find the Oakland Raiders as the most pathetic uniform int he league. Not only does that team suck but damn their uniforms look cheap.

Ripped71 said:
You're actually happy that they're winning football games now??

I think that's what makes football (NFL/NCAA/HighSchool) such a great sport. Even if you're 0-15 (along with another team in the NFL for example) I would still want my team to win. Every game means so much. There's rivalries, momentum, confidence, respect, and just pure competition all at stake. I would never want my team to lose a game, especially if Brady Quinn was the best player the draft had to offer. I might want my team to lose if there was a once in a lifetime player like a Lebron James/Lew Alcindor football equivalent, but that's a pretty extreme circumstance.

If I were a Titans fan I would want nothing more than my team to win out and carry that momentum into the next season. They're already proven they can hang with good teams. Also, the difference betweent the 3rd and 10th pick or even 15th pick doesn't mean nearly as much in the NFL imo.

Dystopia said:
I think that's what makes football (NFL/NCAA/HighSchool) such a great sport. Even if you're 0-15 (along with another team in the NFL for example) I would still want my team to win. Every game means so much. There's rivalries, momentum, confidence, respect, and just pure competition all at stake. I would never want my team to lose a game, especially if Brady Quinn was the best player the draft had to offer. I might want my team to lose if there was a once in a lifetime player like a Lebron James/Lew Alcindor football equivalent, but that's a pretty extreme circumstance.

If I were a Titans fan I would want nothing more than my team to win out and carry that momentum into the next season. They're already proven they can hang with good teams. Also, the difference betweent the 3rd and 10th pick or even 15th pick doesn't mean nearly as much in the NFL imo.

maybe we can get a Colston like player next year :smiley_acbe:

Mike, I think the NFL is a dream for the savvy GMs of the world. Those are the guys that can trade a first round pick for a later first round pick and a 2nd rounder, knowing that they just hoodwinked them. Titans can find a great receiver in any round of the draft. I think Marques Colston has proven that.

abcs said:
ANy questions horn?

Yes. Will RB Reggie Bush be outrushed by a QB (Vince) who has only played in 3/4 of the season?

Nice higlight reel run from him today. He is one of the best in the open field in kudos to Payton to getting him the ball out there from time to time.

He has not impressed me running out of the backfield and its sickening how some have already annoited him to the Hall of Fame in the media.

He will either be the next Eric Metcalf or if he improves his game bulks up a little and shocks me he could become Tiki Barber which isn't bad at all.

The funny thing is I'm glad he made the highlight reel run on national TV so that Bob Mcnair owner of the Texans adds insult to injury today.

dog, Do you know how close he became to being a Cane? He wasn't really to much into Texas in the beginning but Miami wanted him as a WR. He was an early lean to Miami when his recruitment first started.

I'm jealous of guys that have Bush and Young on their teams...as a Lions fan I have to wait for the no.1 pick next year and with KevinJones possibly breaking his ankle we might see AP in a uniform...probably fuck his career up too.

Horn, it will come down to Quinn or AP...

Moronelli really likes Kitna as does Martz so they seem pretty comitted to him even though he is shiteous. The Lions really need Oline help bad but I don't see them drafting one with the number 1 pick...they might try and trade down as well. My dream world is get AP then draft troy smith 2nd round if he falls..then dlineman and oline rest of the draft.

LOL if VY would've stayed another year every Longhorn in the country would be a Lions fans with as many Horns as they have.

no shit...jesus...our best players are former longhorns...big baby being out hurts a lot, Redding is having a good year and you know about Roy this year. I jsut think history repeats itself with the lions a lot in their drafts...Barry went to Okie State, BIlly Simms went to Oklahoma and those two were the best RB's this franchise ever had..I can see AP being next, then he breaks a collarbone again and his career is done, that's what I get for being a Lions fan.

HUNTDOG said:
Horn, it will come down to Quinn or AP...

Moronelli really likes Kitna as does Martz so they seem pretty comitted to him even though he is shiteous. The Lions really need Oline help bad but I don't see them drafting one with the number 1 pick...they might try and trade down as well. My dream world is get AP then draft troy smith 2nd round if he falls..then dlineman and oline rest of the draft.

Thats My Dream Draft for the Raiders

AD and Troy Smith :smiley_acbe:

Toronto_Mike said:
your point? now that they are 6-7 they would have had no chance for a top pick. I was annoyed by that lost to Baltimore because it was a turning point for the season. Right now with their position they could still use some help on the defensive front.

The point is that developing that winning mentality and having VY win games like this is more beneficial to this team in the long run than having a top 10 pick and selecting a defensive player.

Back