Ville vs Mississippi State

State's staff is a skeleton crew, and they're being coached by a guy who is joining Mullen at UF. Fitzgerald is out, and his back up looked far from ready against Ole Miss. Now, he's had a month to prepare, but the guy looked completely lost. How much better could he have gotten? State's D is salty against the run, but their secondary can be had. Can UL stop the read option? If so, then I think UL rolls.

Edited: I should add that the motivational angles seem to favor UL here too. State lost their QB and their HC within a week. UL's DC came from State, and you would think that his knowledge of their personnel in addition to his desire to prove something would favor UL. This might also be Lamar's last ride.

Last edited:
I have two ML Ville parlays with them as the 2nd leg. I kept this one simple that without Fitzgerald, without Mullen... can they out score Lamar "Louisville" Jackson. My answer is no.

I have not dug in yet to determine what to do against the -7, but they sure are a great ML partner with a Michigan or tOSU.

Plenty of reasons why Louisville rolls in this game. Too many reasons, in fact.

Smells to high hell. Can't run from it fast enough.

State's staff is a skeleton crew, and they're being coached by a guy who is joining Mullen at UF. Fitzgerald is out, and his back up looked far from ready against Ole Miss. Now, he's had a month to prepare, but the guy looked completely lost. How much better could he have gotten? State's D is salty against the run, but their secondary can be had. Can UL stop the read option? If so, then I think UL rolls.

Edited: I should add that the motivational angles seem to favor UL here too. State lost their QB and their HC within a week. UL's DC came from State, and you would think that his knowledge of their personnel in addition to his desire to prove something would favor UL. This might also be Lamar's last ride.
Grove I think you are spot on, can't see Miss St. being able to adjust offensively with short prep time, new staff etc and would think they would try to simplify for the young QB. Lamar wants to be here for his teammates, and should be able to produce enough offense for a comfortable win.

The Mississippi State Bulldogs will face off against the Louisville Cardinals on December 30th at 11:00 AM CT. The number one challenge that the Bulldogs will have to deal with is Lamar Jackson. This means that Mississippi State’s defensive backs are going to have to play better than they’ve played all year long.

One of Mississippi State’s best defensive backs, Jamal Peters, will not play in Saturday’s game. He released this statement on Instagram:

Mississippi State’s defense will certainly take a blow without their star defensive back, but hope to hold up against the former Heisman trophy winner.

Plenty of reasons why Louisville rolls in this game. Too many reasons, in fact.

Smells to high hell. Can't run from it fast enough.

I was actually surprised to see Sports Insights showing 78 percent on Louisville. It's my gut instinct as well, but I may look toward a Louisville TT.

My feeling is that Lamar goes out w/ a great performance. As I don't think he will make it in the NFL so this is his last meaningful football game he is actually gonna play.

Back