Vikings v Giants

KTR99

Pretty much a regular
Tread lightly with tonight's game especially with the Pack losing now. I hate betting late season games b/c you never know if you'll get a full game out of the principles.

Should Green Bay falter against Arizona earlier in the day, Minnesota's contest on Sunday night would be rendered somewhat meaningless ahead of a pivotal Week 17 showdown with the Packers for the NFC North title. While Mike Zimmer admitted he would like to "be smart" in his approach, the coach expressed more of a desire to protect his players that are dealing with slight injuries.

if Seattle loses this game means a little more for Minny now. They could get to 5th seed depending on how things shake out.

I'm not too worried. Zim goes after it in pre season games which truly are meaningless. I can't imagine him laying down in a regular season game. For a guy who preaches about playing the "right way", that would be some example to set for his team to rest guys. Just would surprise me.

wait so it doesnt matter that GB lost?
not at all, even if Vikes win.

Winner next week in GB wins the division. Division record (1st tiebreaker) would be even since they would both be 4-2 if GB wins but the packers would have a better H2H record since they won here last month.

I'm not too worried. Zim goes after it in pre season games which truly are meaningless. I can't imagine him laying down in a regular season game. For a guy who preaches about playing the "right way", that would be some example to set for his team to rest guys. Just would surprise me.
He is very much a "handle your own business" coach. He wants to send the message that they need to earn their way into the playoffs and not be dependent on other teams losing. They control their own destiny and he wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm more worried about our past performances in PT games. It's been awful.

not at all, even if Vikes win.

Winner next week in GB wins the division. Division record (1st tiebreaker) would be even since they would both be 4-2 if GB wins but the packers would have a better H2H record since they won here last month.

So if the vikes lose today it essentially is the same as if they win. Correct?

So if the vikes lose today it essentially is the same as if they win. Correct?
yes (from a division title perspective), but a win tonight clinches a playoff birth and eliminates ATL. With SEA losing they could move up to #5.

If SEA won or if ATL lost the vikes would have clinched a playoff birth already.

This is football guys. Nobody is laying down. If you want a team to lalay down thenough look no further than the Giants tonight

This is football guys. Nobody is laying down. If you want a team to lalay down thenough look no further than the Giants tonight
this is not football wise. This is week 16/17 Sunday league. Vikings will rest guys at some point tonight. Not sure the outcome, but it will not be regular contest for sure. Gl bro. How about them sheep!!

yes (from a division title perspective), but a win tonight clinches a playoff birth and eliminates ATL. With SEA losing they could move up to #5.

If SEA won or if ATL lost the vikes would have clinched a playoff birth already.

:shake:

Back