Vienna/Stockholm/Moscow/Bangkok

gpcyan3

Pretty much a regular
Last Week: 8-5-1 +8.08u
YTD: 75-61-9+12.73u

Another good profit last week. Glad to hit the future on Ferrer. Should be some good WTA matches this week at Bangkok and others since Shanghai is within a month or so. Just getting the thread up early.

Let's continue the good run these next couple tournaments.

Just locked in 1 play @ 5dimes.

PHM over S.Grosjean -163 (.82u to win .5u)

Match should be a close one, but I think Paul-Henri finally gets a win over Seb. I know he has never taken a set off Grosjean before and has dropped his last 4 first round matches (I believe)... Lots of things might be pointing the opposite way on this one, but I just have that feeling that PHM is due for at least a couple wins here and a nice, grinding, 3 set win over his compatriot should be confidence booster for him. Also Grosjean hasn't been stellar lately either, dropping a set to Marach and basically getting worked over by Koubek. Overall this is not a strong play, just want some action and I still believe (even tho Grosjean's race # is lower this year and has better IHC record), PHM is a more solid player IMO. Small stakes until 2nd round...

Still looking at Bangkok WTA as well, hope to find something of value there.

Ok adding 2 more plays for today. Taking a chance on

A.Peya +3.5 over J.Melzer -115 (1.15u to win 1u)

and

Anastasia Rodionova over Akgul Amanmuradova +109 (2u to win 2.18u)

For Peya, I think this will again be another close match and if he can take a set or force a TB I think he can fight enough to keep it close. Both at home here on this tourney and a close match would be good for everyone involved.

For Rodionova, She is the better player and the only reason she is not the fav here is because of those 2 retirements earlier in the season. I believe she is still on the recovery for that (injury?) but if she doesn't have any problems with that she will prevail.

That's all for today.

BOL today Gpcyan3..like your Peya play..i watched him at Zagreb(CRO) ATP wen he took some good scalps like Seppi,Soderling and Llodra..he played smart and was taking what was offered to him and Melzer dosent do that latley..gl

thanks for the good words JP.

No time for a writeup tonight.

Taking

King over Craybas -190 (1.9u to win 1u)

Jill is old and hasn't won a match in a while. King has beaten some decent competition lately.

Thanks Songo.

Tonight I'm going with

Yung-Jan Chan over Aleksandra Wozniak -145 (1.45u to win 1u)

Might be a close match, but Aleksandra hasn't shown much against anyone of stature or even made it past the 2nd round lately. Also, I'm also a fan of these Chinese girls who, IMO, have a very bright future on the WTA tour... and I think Chan is a clear favorite to win and the odds are very low (which could be a bad or good thing lol , o_0 )

Let's hope to continue the streak.

Looking good so far this week. Taking my time and picking spots to play. Gonna switch it up a little bit today and go with a couple plays. This usually ends in a bad way but let's see how it goes aways ^_^ .

No writeups tonight, just too tired, but read/investigated these and hope to hit most of them.

F.Gonzalez -3 over J.C.Ferrero -112 (1.12u to win 1u)

J.Monaco +3.5 over T.Haas -115 (1.15u to win 1u)

V.Zvonareva -3 over D.Safina -115 (2.3u to win 2u)

V.Dushevina +5 over S.Kuznetsova -115 (1.15u to win 1u)

Hope to get 3/4 on these. ML odds are way high for me for most of these so I decided to switch it up and play all gamelines.

One more to add...

S.Williams -3 over N.Vaidisova -118 (2.36u to win 2u)

I know Vaidisova is playing well but I can't pass up this price on Serena.

:prayer

You keep winning every single one I'm against you on, so i'm gonna stop that now ;) Gl to ya bro, hope you hit them all

Tough day on the last post. Lost 5units or so...but still looking fine for the week.

Went ahead and played 1 WTA final before the line shifts too much.

Flavia Pennetta over Yung-Jan Chan -290 (5.8u to win 2u)

Big play on this one and a little bit of a chase due to the horrible 0-4-1 day but I just believe if she can dismantle Venus in 2 sets then she will be able to win this title. Chan is playing pretty good tennis but her poor serving will not help her out against an opponent who is serving 65%+ (i think). Also doesnt hurt that Chan has had played in 3 consecutive 3 setters. Seems Flavia has been ice cold on the important points as well.

No messing around with a gameline on this one either, just going straight up even tho its very pricey.

Back