Vidal Hazelton lands at...

hmm didn't know he left...

big get for cincy, what will he be a sophomore?

I think a Junior in eligibility...that's off the top of my head, but I believe it's correct.

He left SC after about 5 or 6 games this year as acc to his dad he was "lied to" by Petey and Co about his playing time, etc...and not given proper medical care for an injury..

Basically Damian Willaims was alot better than him and took his spot.

Is the dad thing just a cheap shot or an actual rumor?

Was Ohio St. trying to get him as well?
His dad is a meddler....Vidal wanted USC, his dad wanted PSU...he verballed to PSU, then finally decided f it, I'm going where I wanna go..

Then out there he got uncomfortable, cries to daddy again, and his daddy goes to the papers that Petey lied and they weren't giving him proper medical care to his injury (lower leg/hammy maybe/can't remember)....

He's just always in the picture...one of "those" parents..

Nothing to do with tOSU.

His dad is a meddler....Vidal wanted USC, his dad wanted PSU...he verballed to PSU, then finally decided f it, I'm going where I wanna go..

Then out there he got uncomfortable, cries to daddy again, and his daddy goes to the papers that Petey lied and they weren't giving him proper medical care to his injury (lower leg/hammy maybe/can't remember)....

He's just always in the picture...one of "those" parents..

Nothing to do with tOSU.

Ok - it was a legitimate question on my part as I don't follow recruiting all that much until the summer time.

A solid get though as I remember watching him a couple years back.

He will have to apply for a medical hardship waiver if he wants to play next year.

Not set in stone yet though via Bill Koch's blog:

UPDATE (5:14 p.m.):

I just talked to Vidal Hazelton and he said he has not officially committed to UC yet, but it sounds as if he's leaning strongly in that directon. Hazelton said he's leaving USC to be closer to his grandfather, who lives in Georgia and has been recently diagnosed with cancer. He has also visited Syracuse and will choose between UC and the Orange, but the way he talked about being five hours driving distance from Georgia certainly made it sound like UC was at the top of his list. He said he liked the Bearcats' spread offense and believes that UC will play for a national championship in the next few years. He'll make his decision after he visits UC this weekend.

they'll need better play calling than what we saw in the orange bowl if they're going to play for it all.

The OB was the first game where I think Kelly honestly got out-coached. I still trust him, he has built up enough positive stock in his time at Cin and CMU so that I won't cast him aside after one bad effort.

Basically Damian Willaims was alot better than him and took his spot.

:smiley_acbe:

I think this is a nice pickup for Cincy, but I hope they didn't make any major concessions to get him there. From what I saw of the kid, he had good size and hands, but does not possess the big time speed he needed to separate himself amongst all that talent in Watts.

Back