VGK Coaching Change...

Out of the blue or no?

Yes, but probably the right move long term

They have underperformed to expectations, but their underlying numbers are still good. They are in danger of missing the playoffs though, mostly cause the division is better, missing would be a bit of a disaster, so this is the management team wanting a shakeup Imo

De Boer is a top coach, doubt this move is made today if hes not available

Gallant is red wings next coach imo, stevie knows him well

Yes, but probably the right move long term

They have underperformed to expectations, but their underlying numbers are still good. They are in danger of missing the playoffs though, mostly cause the division is better, missing would be a bit of a disaster, so this is the management team wanting a shakeup Imo

De Boer is a top coach, doubt this move is made today if hes not available

Gallant is red wings next coach imo, stevie knows him well
Oh, everyone around here was on that bandwagon hours ago.

funny to see all these losers in vegas that know nothing about hockey get pissed off...everyone has been complaining about gallant being fired and saying they don't want anyone from the sharks here, of course since they are still butthurt about blowing a 3-1 series lead to them last year. i've seen a lot of idiot fan bases all over, but these fans might be #1 on the list for most clueless. when you go to games, you are surrounded by both males and females who are constantly looking around asking "what was that?" numerous times each period. they don't know what icing is. they don't know whether a penalty was called on their team or the opposition. they don't know how to pronounce their own player names. they don't know why 3 players are playing during overtime. they don't know what a major penalty is. but they drive around with logos and personalized "VGK" plates all over their cars and act like they are superfans of hockey. it's comical listening to their idiocy. they are now my 2nd worst hated franchise next to the whiners. it would be fun watching them fall into a tailspin and miss the playoffs while all these jerkoffs bitch and moan about the coaching decision.

funny to see all these losers in vegas that know nothing about hockey get pissed off...everyone has been complaining about gallant being fired and saying they don't want anyone from the sharks here, of course since they are still butthurt about blowing a 3-1 series lead to them last year. i've seen a lot of idiot fan bases all over, but these fans might be #1 on the list for most clueless. when you go to games, you are surrounded by both males and females who are constantly looking around asking "what was that?" numerous times each period. they don't know what icing is. they don't know whether a penalty was called on their team or the opposition. they don't know how to pronounce their own player names. they don't know why 3 players are playing during overtime. they don't know what a major penalty is. but they drive around with logos and personalized "VGK" plates all over their cars and act like they are superfans of hockey. it's comical listening to their idiocy. they are now my 2nd worst hated franchise next to the whiners. it would be fun watching them fall into a tailspin and miss the playoffs while all these jerkoffs bitch and moan about the coaching decision.

Wow. I guess you forgot what it was like to be a new fan, to a new sport. I think it's awesome what's going on in Vegas. I would place a large bet that a majority of the fans are transient, tourists, or otherwise people coming and going. For a lot of them, it could be their first Hockey experience ever. What better way to ruin it to have some jerk like you piss and moan because they're not at the level of fandom you're at. GIve me a break dude.

Anyone complaining about the Gallant firing is well within their rights to. He's had them performing at such a high level night in night out since their inception. This season is no exception, aside from a 4 game losing streak where the puck just isn't finding the net as often as it normally would. Expected goals, tells the story below of how good they are. Maybe these "idiot fans" actually know what they're talking about.

In my opinion Gallant should be credited with completely turning around the careers of players like William Karlsson, Reilly Smith, and a slew of their defensemen. A lot of these guy were fringe NHLers who have absolutely made a name for themselves under Gallant's leadership.

1579272886632.png

Last edited:
thanks for the kind personal words. season ticket holders are guilty of all the infractions i mentioned. these people are uneducated on the sport, yet are decked out in VGK attire head to ankle yelling and screaming at plays they don't understand. i do hope the idiot fans are in fact correct about the gallant firing, and the team spirals downward.
i'm pretty much the opposite of a superfan of hockey. i think the sport absolutely sucks. i just use it to make money. but, having a concrete understanding of something you're adamantly involved in should be a given. mindless sheep suck.

Back