VC's Week 2 Plays

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Raiders +9 at -115

Raiders will keep this close with their pass rush bothering Lamar and the weapons in their pass attack making enough plays against Baltimore's declined defense.

Packers +2.5 at -102

Crazy over-adjustment to Love's absence. Packers will be able to run the ball down the Colts' throat -- Buckner did not practice today and Indy is way too reliant on this one guy. On the other side, AR is a poor passer and Green Bay's effort against Hurts' run game last week is very promising.

Titans +3.5 at -104

Titans have the top cornerback with which to limit the Jets' best offensive weapon. Their interior pressure with Sweat will give the immobile Rodgers a lot of trouble. Good home dog with a strong defense and an offense that should be better at home, especially exploiting what looks to be a weakness in Jets' run D.

Bengals-Chiefs Under 48.5

Burrow early-season struggles, Bengals' poor o-line, Bengals' improved defense, including its secondary.

ML Parlay: Chargers ML (-240) & Texans ML (-290) at -110

Bryce Young doesn't trust himself. And why should he? He sucks. Carolina's offense looks completely broken. its defense should work out a lot between Week 1 and Week 2, but it misses a key defensive tackle and is liable to be run over by the Chargers, who also have a more than competent quarterback.

Caleb Williams is still very much trying to find his footing. O-line won't help him against the Texans, who are just too complete on both sides of the ball for the Bears to compete with. Bears were lucky to beat a Titans team that, despite lacking an offense especially on the road, should have won, and I think this is telling. Texans can score with its balanced offensive attack. Bears will struggle to score.

Browns-Jaguars Under 41 at -110

Waiting to hear on the status of Cleveland's tackles. If both are out then this should be a very long day for Watson. I am seeing people write about Jacksonville's overall lack of pressure in Week 1, but this is super misleading. Tua was getting the ball out super quickly and throwing it behind the LOS. On his "actual" drop-backs the Jags were getting a lot of pressure. Jax ends would terrorize Watson, who struggles under pressure, if Conklin and Wills remain out. On the other side, I regularly go against Trevor against any strong pass defense. Myles Garrett will cause a lot of problems for Jax o-line, and Ward, Emerson, and Newsome are all Cleveland needs to be healthy in the back. If Cleveland's tackles are healthy, then I still think Watson is a bad quarterback and missing Njoku hurts, but with the total being this low and the turnover potential being what it is for Watson and Lawrence I would prefer absence of both Conklin and Wills.

Back