VC's Saturday Plays

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Parlay: Michigan ML at -171 & Virginia Tech ML at -135

Auburn +13 at -110

Feel obligated to speak on Virginia/Virginia Tech...Hokies have won so many times in Charlottesville, that I can't imagine home field bringing much of an advantage to Virginia. If anything, there's pressure to beat the Hokies especially when they're not miles better than us like the past. Hokies did have road trouble this year, but then they beat the brakes off of Boston College.

My main thing is the matchup. Hokies can't stop the run, run defense is their weakness. But running the ball is just what Virginia hasn't been able to do all year. On the other side, Hokies won't have to rely on passing the ball, because they'll be able to run on Virginia. UVA's vulnerability on run defense extends to mobile quarterbacks, so more trouble for UVA defense. The summary is that one team should have an easy time scoring while the other doesn't/

I don't care that Hokies need one more game for bowl eligibility. This is a rivalry game...they will definitely not be me more motivated than us even if they have "more" to play for.

This is just a matchup thing: Hokies blowout wins have come against teams that rank poorly in rush offense, or against teams who had to focus on passing the ball because they fell so far behind. I see both things happening -- UVA failing to run and falling far behind.

Series history again is big: it takes a very good Virginia team to just barely beat a down Hokies team. This Virginia team is itself down compared to its good years under Bronco. Hokies ML is, matchup aside, just the annual play to make. Am I missing something? @He Hate Me

As for the other games...sorry I don't have anything too profound...Michigan just seems like the better team and has had Ohio State's number of late. Hate Harbaugh all you want, but his guys seem to really love him...him not being there will just make them angrier I feel like. But this is just a team quality impression and recent matchup history kind of thing.

Same thing with Auburn...saw good metrics on Auburn's rush defense. Also recent history of Iron Bowl at Jordan-Hare where the Tigers play much better than on the road -- at home, they stayed within a touchdown of both Georgia and Ole Miss. I like the spot coming off the embarrassing loss.

I think over 52.5 is the play, disagree with you on VA they have improved all year and will score on VT!!! Think it will be a close game but a lot of points today, VA 34 VT 31????

I think over 52.5 is the play, disagree with you on VA they have improved all year and will score on VT!!! Think it will be a close game but a lot of points today, VA 34 VT 31????
Big Virginia wins certainly gave me pause! Not sure it means anything that UNC and Miami were kind of in weird spots as a team? UNC had just lost to G Tech and Miami was in the midst of a longer losing streak. I hope you‘re right! Nothing pumps me up like beating the Hokies!

Parlay: Michigan ML at -171 & Virginia Tech ML at -135

Auburn +13 at -110

Feel obligated to speak on Virginia/Virginia Tech...Hokies have won so many times in Charlottesville, that I can't imagine home field bringing much of an advantage to Virginia. If anything, there's pressure to beat the Hokies especially when they're not miles better than us like the past. Hokies did have road trouble this year, but then they beat the brakes off of Boston College.

My main thing is the matchup. Hokies can't stop the run, run defense is their weakness. But running the ball is just what Virginia hasn't been able to do all year. On the other side, Hokies won't have to rely on passing the ball, because they'll be able to run on Virginia. UVA's vulnerability on run defense extends to mobile quarterbacks, so more trouble for UVA defense. The summary is that one team should have an easy time scoring while the other doesn't/

I don't care that Hokies need one more game for bowl eligibility. This is a rivalry game...they will definitely not be me more motivated than us even if they have "more" to play for.

This is just a matchup thing: Hokies blowout wins have come against teams that rank poorly in rush offense, or against teams who had to focus on passing the ball because they fell so far behind. I see both things happening -- UVA failing to run and falling far behind.

Series history again is big: it takes a very good Virginia team to just barely beat a down Hokies team. This Virginia team is itself down compared to its good years under Bronco. Hokies ML is, matchup aside, just the annual play to make. Am I missing something? @He Hate Me

As for the other games...sorry I don't have anything too profound...Michigan just seems like the better team and has had Ohio State's number of late. Hate Harbaugh all you want, but his guys seem to really love him...him not being there will just make them angrier I feel like. But this is just a team quality impression and recent matchup history kind of thing.

Same thing with Auburn...saw good metrics on Auburn's rush defense. Also recent history of Iron Bowl at Jordan-Hare where the Tigers play much better than on the road -- at home, they stayed within a touchdown of both Georgia and Ole Miss. I like the spot coming off the embarrassing loss.
Nothing else other than the history is even more lopsided than one would imagine with VT winning UVA 21 out of the last 23 matchups. Both UVA wins came at home, but I agree, there is no real home field/home fan advantage with games in Charlottesville during Thanksgiving weekend. They did not play last year which is worth mentioning.

You know that I like Colandrea and Washington is one of the most underrated receivers in college football. As much as I like Colandrea, he is not afraid to make throws that he should not attempt, which leads to picks. Corners Strong and Delane are the strength of the VT defense so I would expect Colandrea to throw a pick or two.

Also, Colandrea is mobile enough to give the VT D some issues. They struggle with mobile QBs.

Nothing else other than the history is even more lopsided than one would imagine with VT winning UVA 21 out of the last 23 matchups. Both UVA wins came at home, but I agree, there is no real home field/home fan advantage with games in Charlottesville during Thanksgiving weekend. They did not play last year which is worth mentioning.

You know that I like Colandrea and Washington is one of the most underrated receivers in college football. As much as I like Colandrea, he is not afraid to make throws that he should not attempt, which leads to picks. Corners Strong and Delane are the strength of the VT defense so I would expect Colandrea to throw a pick or two.

Also, Colandrea is mobile enough to give the VT D some issues. They struggle with mobile QBs.
Colandrea is the classic young kid who tries to do more than he should -- which takes many forms, such as waiting and not taking the easy pass. He has a pick in almost every game he's played in, so a pick today is definitely to be expected.

They sure shut down Shrader and Castellanos didn't do much. But yeah Brennan was a problem it seems like.

Back