VC's Friday Plays

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Cubs 1H ML at +130

Cubs solid vs declining (in terms of velo and spin) Wacha, already saw him once
I like pitchers coming off a high ERA-low FIP outing -- call me irrational for this point

Dodgers 1H ML at -135

Dodgers hit the high-velo fastball from righties well.
Yanks cooling off, weaker vs. lefties
Good bounce-back spot for Kershaw at home where he's solid

Rockies ML at +113

Why is Jordan Lyles favored?

Diamondbacks ML at +109

Atlanta much weaker team form, Morton bad in Arizona, much rather trust Kelly in Arizona

Zona is def one im looking at, my only concern is I think lot of Braves sluggishness in Oakland was prob the fact they were playing in front of 12 fans. I havnt look close enough to know bout Morton in zona but im a big believer in guys who struggle there typically continue to do so, think it a grip issue in the dry air, some guys don’t like it.

You have to explain “yanks cooling off” to me, wasn’t it just the one game against Kirby who is turning into one the better pitchers in baseball? Not saying I like yanks just not sure the offense has cooled cause they ran into a great pitcher? Kershaw not to shabby himself so it could continue to trend that way.

Zona is def one im looking at, my only concern is I think lot of Braves sluggishness in Oakland was prob the fact they were playing in front of 12 fans. I havnt look close enough to know bout Morton in zona but im a big believer in guys who struggle there typically continue to do so, think it a grip issue in the dry air, some guys don’t like it.

You have to explain “yanks cooling off” to me, wasn’t it just the one game against Kirby who is turning into one the better pitchers in baseball? Not saying I like yanks just not sure the offense has cooled cause they ran into a great pitcher? Kershaw not to shabby himself so it could continue to trend that way.

I think I got that from you lol. You said when a team loses after a long win streak that it is likelier to struggle in its next game. I applied that logic to the Yankees' offense. Not an essential point for me anyways.

I think I got that from you lol. You said when a team loses after a long win streak that it is likelier to struggle in its next game. I applied that logic to the Yankees' offense. Not an essential point for me anyways.

Lol. I do lean that way for win and losing streaks, not necessarily offensive production I just think law of averages tends to play out when a team has won a bunch of lost a bunch, after they break the streak I feel like they often go another day the opposite direction, nothing scientific bout it tho, I don’t have any numbers to back it up just perception.

Back