Vap's Octoberfest Baseball Plays!!!

Vapster

Awesome1#1
Not Seeing Anything Jump Out At Me For Wed. Still Looking Though...:10_4_6:

Nah...Who Am I Kidding...:shake:

Dodgers +143 WINNER- O.K. Lowe is NOOOO Punk...He finished ninth in the league in ERA, and went 5-1 with a 0.94 ERA over his final nine starts.

Cubs played the Dodgers well this season, but that was before Ramirez Showed Up In Hollywood! He hit .348 (16-for-46) 4 HR'S/ 16 RBIs in 14 playoff games for the Red Sox last season, and his 24 career postseason homers are the most in baseball history.

Dodgers finished up Sept., 18-9 best in the NL.

I think we have a good live dog here. And I think with a lot of people thinking this might be the Cubs year, a shocking Game 1 loss would really, shock no one...

Best Of Luck This October All!

beer.gif

Last edited:
Thanks HWG :cheers: Vap

Red Sox +131...WINNER Game 1 Was thinking of playing just one today, but the odds here are too good to pass up. Big Believer in the starter. And lately Lackey has not pitched well. Last 14 Innings 9 ERA?! And Boston too good at these odds to pass up.

Chicago +170...loss Game 1 Going against what I just said about the starting pitcher, Tampa brings out a starter pitching much better than Shields has lately...But how often in the last 7 years has Chicago been in the playoffs, and how bout Tampa?! CHW are 11-1 in their last 12 playoff games. This play is more about Tampa's lack of playoff app. and more to do with Chicago's been here before.

Best Of Luck ALL!!! beer:

Last edited:
Vappy, you put me on the Red Sox yesterday and it looks like we're the only 2 ppl on the Pale Hose today. Baby Rays feel the pressure in Game 1 and Javy turns into a "big game pitcher" when least expected...

HWG:cheers:Vap

Hey Guys! Two N One so far on the playoff dogs. When the WS scored 3 runs, the last thing they needed was to give em all right back. That killed the +170 Sox right there. Shut em down, and maybe...

I'm gonna stay with the dogs, and maybe go as high as -120 if need be...

Dodgers +146 WINNER Over 8.5 +105 WINNER

As you know, like I said above, like the hot (Or hotter) pitcher which tonight is
Billingsley who's high 4ERA last 16 innings only surpassed by Zambrano 7.63 last 15 innings.

( 0-1 4.37 ERA in four career playoff starts Zambrano went 0-1 with a 4.91 ERA two starts versus the Dodgers this season. Over three career starts at Wrigley Field versus Los Angeles, he’s 0-2 with a 5.12 ERA. Billingsley in his final five starts, was 4-0 with a 3.30 ERA, but also allowed opponents to hit .303 over that stretch.)

Dodgers bullpen to finish the season not so great as with the Cubs. I can see the starters helping this one go over 8.5, but if not bullpens should help it get over.

Best Of Luck All!!! :cheers:

Last edited:
Hit both plays last night. 4-1 Playoff record.

OVER 8.5 +105 Chicago White Sox +154 - You have the Vet vs The Kid. The kid pitched well this year, but struggled at the end of the season going 14 innings 8.36 ERA, while the Vet went 20 innings 3.15 ERA...Here's the deal. The kid pitches great at home, and the Vet, not so great on the road. But in Aug & Sept almost 20% of the time, the kid walks the first batter. Kazmir was 1-2 6.75 ERA in last four starts and got passed the fifth inning only once. (And we saw what walks can do to a team, huh Cubs.) and walks can hurt ya against good batters that Chicago has. The Vet has trouble on the road 5.05 ERA, and the Rays hit .348 against him @ Tropicana Field. Both teams hit R'ies better than Lft'ies, but I do see some runs being scored so taking the OVER, and still think playoff experience means something, CWS 8-1 last 9 playoff games. Tampa 1-0 lifetime. Young kid on the mound could get a little nervous ya know. Big Game for him.

Best of luck to all!!! :cheers:

Been cash so far this year in the playoffs Vap...gonna ride the over 1H in CWS-TB...GL and hope we both hit

agree with both of these plays. i think a split is worst case here. the red sox and tampa in their last series were fighting for the al east crown and kazmir was up against the boston at home in the only big game atmosphere of him mlb career. what happened was he walked the first two guys then let up a shot to ortiz. his numbers that game were 3ip 6 hits 9er and 4 walks. he always was the ace of the staff when they had nothing to play for, then towards the end of the year they always shut him down not wanting to wear out the ace for the future. is his arm getting tired now or is it he just cant handle the pressure? me, i think both. good luck.

BOL HWG with the 1HO play. Let's Cash Tonight! :shake: :cheers:

tigerc- Walks can hurt anyone, and when you give em to a good hitting team...Well, we've seen what could/CAN happen. Excellent points tigerc! I am leaning to the high scoring game, kinda like the 6-4 final, but with WS winning this time! BOL tonight tigerc:shake::cheers:

Back