Valparaiso vs New Mexico State

Zeke

Big Dick and Average Size Boat
Anyone know why this game is being played? If NMSU has the slightest fuck to give, they should destroy these guys. I had no idea Valpo even had a football team.

It was originally scheduled to give nmsu a senior day. They had a game vs sjsu cancelled.

But they were also trying to use it to get bowl eligible even if it meant playing 2 fcs schools.

The game was signed and then the ncaa gave the aggies a waiver to be including in a bowl game.

So basically they are already in a bowl regardless of the outcome.

So laying the 30 would be idiotic is what you're saying? Suuuuuper

Anyone know why this game is being played? If NMSU has the slightest fuck to give, they should destroy these guys. I had no idea Valpo even had a football team.
There wasn't a local high school team to play?

I tracked Valpo's first couple games as they were Dartmouth's opener.

No idea who Dll Indiana Wesleyan is, but Valpo got a walk-off 54y FG to win a close one. They played a really close game at Illinois State as a 33.5 pt dog and only lost 21-28. In their 8 games vs Missouri Valley Conference teams since 2010, the average margin of defeat had averaged 50 ppg! This time it was just 7. Ill St outgained them 325-256 (5.4-3.3) and outrushed them 129-65 (3.4-1.5).

Valpo also covered +32 at Dartmouth. That game was 21-10 HT (1H line was 20), then it was 21-13, 28-13 before Dartmouth bled 8min off the clock on their final drive for a 35-13 win. Dartmouth outrushed them 308-74 (6.8-3.0) while outgaining them overall 393-263 (7.1-4.4).

Illinois St and Dartmouth were both bad this year. Valpo covered vs both of them on pretty high lines. Those were in the course of a regular season schedule, now they haven't played since 11/19.

I would think that New Mexico State is off that huge upset, comes back home, finds out they are already bowl eligible it is a definite let down spot. But how much of a let down because the NM St run game is all that they need to win this game and they should find a lot of success running. Question for the cover I think is if Valpo can score some pts...they scored 21 and 13 in the two other games that I'm aware of that they were 30+ pt dogs in. Can they reach 17 here? If so that means that NM St has to get near 50 to cover. I would suspect that NM St empties the bench late and back door could be open for Valpo to walk in. Unless it is just like 42-0 HT. NM St led Lamar 37-0 HT, but Valpo might actually be better than that.

Good intel s--k, thank you. You a Dartmouth guy? A few years ago they were money in the bank betting them every weekend.

Good intel s--k, thank you. You a Dartmouth guy? A few years ago they were money in the bank betting them every weekend.

I made it a point to follow Ivy League this year so I did recaps for their opponent's games leading up to the start of the season and Valpo just happened to be one. Not a Dartmouth fan specifically, but am an Ivy fan.

Back