Valero Texas Open

crawdads

Fairway to Heaven
A little annoyed not to get a line on Gulbis. Had it circled for a few weeks..

RANCHO MIRAGE, Calif. — Natalie Gulbis is good to go.
Maybe.
The LPGA star was in good spirits Tuesday during the Kraft Nabisco Championship's pro-am, ecstatic about being back on tour. As for Wednesday, however, Gulbis doesn't know how she'll feel, the result of lingering effects from malaria she contracted a month ago in Asia.
"I feel good some days, and other days, not so much," Gulbis told USA TODAY Sports. "I thought I could come back before. But the doctors said it would be 4-6 weeks before I was 100% and now I'm at four weeks.
"So we'll see."
Gulbis has played just five rounds this year. She finished 63rd in the Honda LPGA Thailand but then was forced to withdraw after her first round in the HSBC Women's Champions in Singapore because of what appeared to be flu-like symptoms. But the illness persisted and when Gulbis got back to the USA doctors confirmed she had malaria.
Her body temperature reached 106. In the first week she lost 15 pounds.
She withdrew from the RR Donnelley LPGA Founders Cup when a bad day hit her that week. She wasn't able to go in the Kia Classic in Carlsbad, Calif., two weeks ago. She has barely played any golf the past 30 days.
"It's a tough way to start the year. It's a Solheim (Cup) year, and I had such a great offseason. I've had issues in the past with my back, but my back, knock on wood, feels great. This is one of the best schedules the tour has had, so it's been frustrating," Gulbis said. "But I will use this to work harder because I have some ground to make up this year."
As for her golf game, Gulbis said she's just going to enjoy this week.
"I've had a pretty rough month," she said. "It will be exciting to be playing again and competing again and I just have to keep getting my game better.
"Truth be told, I really haven't practiced at all this past month. I've putted quite a bit. But it's nice to go into an event not having a lot of expectations."

I think I have 1 play. Monitoring the line. :shake:

Four plays I like this week. Thought about narrowing it down but couldnt find a way. So here we go:

Freddie Jacobson -125 over Peter Hanson
Back on the Horschel train, -125 over John Huh
Scott Stallings +105 over Seung-Yul Noh
Hunter Haas +125 over Brian Harman

Thoughts?

poulter was saying today on twitter he's only seen 10 holes of the course and will have to walk the rest later after a storm cut the pro am short...

He never plays well in those situations where he has almost given excuses before it starts

For me I feel like Poults and Rory are just getting reps in before next week. My spot is offering + money on Kuch and Charl against Rory. For a guy that isn't driving the ball well, and not starting out that well.....this isn't the course for him.

The Freddy play is a little scary. It looks too good to be true. A guy playing well, coming in on a course he has dominated. I think the match will be close, I cant envision either one of these guys outside the top 25. I like betting on good putters, so lets hope Freddy is hot with the flat stick.

Took Kuch over Rory at +130, Freddie -130 vs Hanson, Charley Hoffman +130 over Jimmy Walker and Justin Leonard +130 over Bob Estes

fading estes and walker here is very scary

Walker has been playing well lately, but missed the last 2 cuts here and Hoffman has something like 6 top 20's in his last 7 in this tournament. Leonard was kind of a feel pley. He's been quietly playing well this year and loves playing in Texas. But you're right, it is scary

Wow. I just looked at Freddy's putting stats, gross. Misses of 6,5(same hole),5,7,5,11

Unreal. He never misses this many. Might make for a really low round tomorrow.

I fell into the Rory Trap, I should have known something was up when he was that big of favorite over Kuch

I got a shitty line. Was around 120, and I was waiting for the reduced line to come out then someone pounded it. Anyway, it was a medium play. Hoping for the best. GL everyone who is on this joint.

[TABLE="class: Grid, width: 1330"]
<tbody style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px;">[TR="class: NonAlt, bgcolor: #E9EEEE"]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency, align: right"]$168.75[/TD]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency, align: right"]$125.00[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Pending[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]4/4/13 8:40am PGA Golf 109 Fredrik Jacobson (Tourn) -135* <small style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px;">vs</small> Peter Hanson (Tourn)

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Not sure if this was necessarily a smart bet since I've had a few drinks, but took Horschel EV over Hoffman tomorrow. Want Hoffman to prove it.... never had much trust in him.

Wow. Freddy 3 putts for par. Hanson misses his birdie. Thank you gambling gods.

7 positive weeks, 7 negative weeks so far this year. Up $274 overall. It's been a hell of a ride, for such a small ROI. Hoping for big things next week.

See ya fools then.

Congrats guys. We got there with Freddie. 2-2 on tourney matchups with Horschel over Hoffman today still pending.

Back