Utah State/Wisconsin

Wisconsin 33-7 type game. One of those frustrating ones where you take their TT or lay it and it just gets close enough to tease you late.

Wisconsin 33-7 type game. One of those frustrating ones where you take their TT or lay it and it just gets close enough to tease you late.

In the few discussions I've read online regarding this game, this seems to be the prevailing opinion. But I'll be on Wisconsin in this one, just holding out to see if I can scrap up another point or half point on the number since it appears to be slowly moving down. The way I see this game play out, there are some SERIOUS mismatches in the interior on both sides of the ball in favor of the Badgers.

Utah State is going to struggle to sustain any sort of success on the offensive side, and I see Wisconsin with a lot of short fields as a result. There is talent, experience and depth at both DL and LB (Cichy's injury would be a massive blow to most teams but it happens to come at Wisconsin's deepest position with two starting-caliber LBs ready to step in immediately for him in Connelly and Orr). The secondary is quite good, as well, but it's the guys up front that will dominate this one.

Wisconsin's offense should be noticeably better than last year, especially up front. That offensive line. if it stays healthy, will bear much more resemblance to the traditional Wisconsin OL than the last few year. I just see Utah State's front seven getting gashed. The RBs are all serviceable, and most receiving threats are back including an excellent and deep tight end corps. And the QB now has a full year as the undisputed starter under his belt in the system (remember, Hornibrook came of fall camp as the backup last year and didn't start until week 4).

I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again. But I see this playing out in the 48-0 or 45-3 range. One of my top plays on the week 1 board.

In the few discussions I've read online regarding this game, this seems to be the prevailing opinion. But I'll be on Wisconsin in this one, just holding out to see if I can scrap up another point or half point on the number since it appears to be slowly moving down. The way I see this game play out, there are some SERIOUS mismatches in the interior on both sides of the ball in favor of the Badgers.

Utah State is going to struggle to sustain any sort of success on the offensive side, and I see Wisconsin with a lot of short fields as a result. There is talent, experience and depth at both DL and LB (Cichy's injury would be a massive blow to most teams but it happens to come at Wisconsin's deepest position with two starting-caliber LBs ready to step in immediately for him in Connelly and Orr). The secondary is quite good, as well, but it's the guys up front that will dominate this one.

Wisconsin's offense should be noticeably better than last year, especially up front. That offensive line. if it stays healthy, will bear much more resemblance to the traditional Wisconsin OL than the last few year. I just see Utah State's front seven getting gashed. The RBs are all serviceable, and most receiving threats are back including an excellent and deep tight end corps. And the QB now has a full year as the undisputed starter under his belt in the system (remember, Hornibrook came of fall camp as the backup last year and didn't start until week 4).

I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again. But I see this playing out in the 48-0 or 45-3 range. One of my top plays on the week 1 board.

Appreciate the analysis. I'll likely be on the team total over if I can get it at a decent price. High hopes for the team this season.

Myers is so limited by his arm strength. you have to be able to stretch the field vs wisky

Excellent thoughts

good post. you should post more often if this is what you bring to the table.

Back