Utah Jazz @ Houston Rockets (Game 5)

rod_steel

Have an adequate day
Even though this series stands at 2-2 I believe that the Jazz are clearly the better team here in this matchup and what they have done in all 4 games thus far is expose the Rockets' lack of depth in terms of both offense and player personnel.

We all know that T-Mac and Yao have been the Rockets' offense all season, however it has been the support cast of players like Alston, Head and Howard that have helped improve this team during the regular season. Howard and Head combined for a season's average of 20.6 PPG whereas in the first 4 games they are averaging 7.6 PPG and only shooting 20.4% from the floor.

Yao's FG % has dropped from 51.6% to 43.7% and it is pretty clear from the last 2 games how T-Mac is being frustrated by Sloan simply throwing bodies at him by rotating Fisher, AK47 and Giricek off of him throughout the course of the game. He has not been allowed to attack the hoop instead having to settle for jump shots all series so far.

No question Jazz have stepped up on D since they were leaking in the points towards the back end of the reg season. Lets also not forget, they led the Rockets on both ocassions at Toyota Center at HT before falling away in the second half, they have definitely been the more competitive of the two teams if we are lookin at this series from a home & away perspective. The Rockets also have no answer to Williams' slashing style and energy, he is controlling the games for the Jazz with the big men just feeding off of him. This game clearly is the pivotal one of the series, I'll back the team who seems to want it more and are now playing with more intensity and most importantly, they have all the momentum. If I had to pick which of these teams have the ability to steal a game on the road, it's a no brainer IMO.

Therefore I am taking a shot with them tonight and unloading:

Jazz +6 v Rockets (10)

Jazz ML v Rockets - (+240) (5)

:shake:

Wow the Jazz the better team really? I was under the impression the Rockets were the better team with Ming and Grady. Good luck tonight, but I was kind of looking at the other side.

rod Im seeing all the same things you are seeing.......Im wondering if the rockets have just mailed in the road games and are going to go extra hard at home. They didnt play well at all on the road, but we go through Mcgrady and he plays well when he feels love and he gets that at home. Also, after games 1 and 2 the Rockets kept stating that they were in for a long series rather then talking about stealing one in Utah. I think Yao hates the altitude and admits that as well.

Im worried about the confidence factor and am still looking into this game.

i don`t like it ...the next game will be played at utah ...if they win the will have 3-2 and they can finish it at home...

houston has to win this one...and they will do it with DD ....both teams are strong at home.....i am really sure of houstons win....

Wow the Jazz the better team really? I was under the impression the Rockets were the better team with Ming and Grady. Good luck tonight, but I was kind of looking at the other side.

Rockets have the two best players on the floor, no question

Whether that makes them the better team is debatable IMO

rod Im seeing all the same things you are seeing.......Im wondering if the rockets have just mailed in the road games and are going to go extra hard at home. They didnt play well at all on the road, but we go through Mcgrady and he plays well when he feels love and he gets that at home. Also, after games 1 and 2 the Rockets kept stating that they were in for a long series rather then talking about stealing one in Utah. I think Yao hates the altitude and admits that as well.

Im worried about the confidence factor and am still looking into this game.

I'm definitely making this play around your last sentence - confidence and momentum. Tbh I don't think there is THAT much difference between the two teams, it's just the little things which will decide this series

Would love to hear your thoughts on this game more if you have the chance from a Rox perspective. Obviously I have tailored my writeup with a Jzzz bias but keen to hear both sides.

i don`t like it ...the next game will be played at utah ...if they win the will have 3-2 and they can finish it at home...

houston has to win this one...and they will do it with DD ....both teams are strong at home.....i am really sure of houstons win....

If Rockets win tonight they win the series, Jazz are not coming back

Dude over at covers gave me a great little grab from Okurs presser in the shootaround yesterday...

"Nobody wants to come back one more time,"

Safe to say both teams are treating this one as a MUST WIN

Rockets have the two best players on the floor, no question

Whether that makes them the better team is debatable IMO

Rockets may have the two best players, but Deron Williams is controlling the game. If he's able to do that tonight, Utah probably will win.

Main concern about Houston is McGrady waking up in time for Game 5.

After 3 strong efforts, I hope the Jazz arent in letdown mode tonight, rod. I can see Houston bringing their best (and consequentially last) effort tonight, then the Jazz take G6 and achieve the road win thats coming for them in G7. If they dont win tonight, then G7 it is.

:cheers:

248897956.jpg

LOSER

Back