Utah at USC Friday Night - What do we think

s--k

Goodbye to Romance College Football
I always like this series.

2018 USC at Utah (-7) : 41-28 Utes
- Utah led 34-14

2017 Utah at USC (-13) : 28-27 USC
- Utah led 21-7 HT, USC scores and takes lead on three very long TD drives, then QB Williams failed to see wide open receiver in EZ for 2pt conv

2016 USC at Utah (-2.5) : 31-27 Utah Friday Nite
- Utah scored game winning TD with :16 left

2015 Utah at USC (-3.5) : 42-24 USC
- Utah led 14-7 early, but USC got 54y INT ret and was 28-14 SC at HT. 3 INTs by Cameron Smith.

2014 USC at Utah (-1) : 24-21 Utah
- 6 lead changes, Utah scored game winning TD with :08 left

2013 Utah at USC (-4.5) : 19-3 USC
- Utah led 3-0, Utah only had 201 yards, SC had 260 yards. Utah finished 5-7 this year.

2012 USC (-14) at Utah : 38-28 USC
- Utah led 14-0 and 21-10, but SC scored 28 straight pts

2011 Utah at USC (-8.5) : 23-14 USC
- SC blk'd a time expiring FG and ret'd it for TD, not ruled TD on the field due to bench players on the field celebrating, the 17-14 final was changed over an hour later to 23-14 by PAC12.

Last edited:
This is THE game for Utah.

Problem I'm having is I am not impressed at all by this Utah offense, especially the passing offense. I watched the uninspired effort vs Northern Illinois. I see they didn't do much last week vs Idaho State. The Utah D nearly outscored the Utah O in week 1.

Can this Utah O be trusted?

Utah's passing game hasn't been needed. My concern is that now it will be needed and they didn't work on it enough in their first three. Zack Moss will see a stacked box all night so the passing game should have opportunities. This game worries me but USC has looked pretty pedestrian so far.

I took some utah action early riding the utah wave, but am getting off this pick. I really have no idea who will win this game, and if anything the home dog has some value potentially minus heltons record as a dog.

USC I think has looked better this year, their offense has some real dynamism. Slovis is a good qb. USC is the more dynamic team in this matchup with utah.

The BYU comp I feel like BYU matched up much better with the trojans and not good with utah. The byu pass defense is pretty good. So I don't take alot from utah beating byu and trojans losing to byu

The next win Utah gets in the Coliseum will be their first...this game has danger zone written all over it to me.

Very much a game Utah can show they’re worthy of all of the preseason hype. But I have my doubts...Whitt’s teams every season have that one game they just make you scratch your head. Like @Two Utes mentioned, need to see the passing game develop as Moss should be facing stacked boxes all night

Yes, have concerns for sure. Utah's man coverage could allow a blown coverage moreso than byu's dropping 8 men.

That being said, I think Moss wears that already suspect run defense down and the passing game makes enough plays for Utah to pull away in the 4th.

Yes, have concerns for sure. Utah's man coverage could allow a blown coverage moreso than byu's dropping 8 men.

That being said, I think Moss wears that already suspect run defense down and the passing game makes enough plays for Utah to pull away in the 4th.

Let’s both hope, @Two Utes

This and next week scare the piss out of me as a fan...Leach won last time he came to SLC and an air raid offense with pace can wear down that Ute D line dominance...would be an excellent sign to see them come through 2-0 here...

I’m really looking forward to watching this one and will be on Utah if I get involved. My concern is if USC can get a quick passing game going and neutralize the tough DL to some extent.

If Utah's front 4 is as good as advertised it will be a very long night for Slovis.

I don't know what to make of Utah's offense but if I'm only laying 3 then I'm pretty comfortable with that.

Big time coaching and overall player attitude advantage for Utah. They want this. Does SC?

I always like this series.

2018 USC at Utah (-7) : 41-28 Utes
- Utah led 34-14

2017 Utah at USC (-13) : 28-27 USC
- Utah led 21-7 HT, USC scores and takes lead on three very long TD drives, then QB Williams failed to see wide open receiver in EZ for 2pt conv

2016 USC at Utah (-2.5) : 31-27 Utah Friday Nite
- Utah scored game winning TD with :16 left

2015 Utah at USC (-3.5) : 42-24 USC
- Utah led 14-7 early, but USC got 54y INT ret and was 28-14 SC at HT. 3 INTs by Cameron Smith.

2014 USC at Utah (-1) : 24-21 Utah
- 6 lead changes, Utah scored game winning TD with :08 left

2013 Utah at USC (-4.5) : 19-3 USC
- Utah led 3-0, Utah only had 201 yards, SC had 260 yards. Utah finished 5-7 this year.

2012 USC (-14) at Utah : 38-28 USC
- Utah led 14-0 and 21-10, but SC scored 28 straight pts

2011 Utah at USC (-8.5) : 23-14 USC
- SC blk'd a time expiring FG and ret'd it for TD, not ruled TD on the field due to bench players on the field celebrating, the 17-14 final was changed over an hour later to 23-14 by PAC12.
Hell, this may be the answer to the question.

The trend is your friend?, Don't fight the tape. etc

Back