Usf @ Uconn

• Thread starter Thread starter MasterCap
  • Start date Start date
M

MasterCap

I must be missing something here. UCONN builds up this 6-1 record basically beating nobody. They then get a fluke call by a horrible Big East officiating crew that hands them a free 7 points and the momentum. Yet they still struggled to beat a bad Lousiville team with a terrible defense.And USF is only favored by 4?Unless those same refs are working the game or its fixed USF wins in a rout

I must be missing something here. UCONN builds up this 6-1 record basically beating nobody. They then get a fluke call by a horrible Big East officiating crew that hands them a free 7 points and the momentum. Yet they still struggled to beat a bad Lousiville team with a terrible defense.And USF is only favored by 4?Unless those same refs are working the game or its fixed USF wins in a rout

I am leaning USF pretty heavily. Remember that Uconn gave 7 free points to UL though as well. That game was played in nasty weather conditions as well. Tough on special teams and the passing game. That being Said USF, if they have the right state of mind should win this game.

Also remember the same officiating crew took away Uconn ball on the Loui 1 yard line..

went both ways that game

Well one could say that if that call didnt go against them they wouldnt have been under pressure to mishandle a punt.TheVille were in control till that fake fair catch.Uconn couldnt score at all

I agreeing with you on this one, also. Doing more research on this one but this might be my POY.

I think some of you misunderstood B.A.R's point, I am pretty sure by UConn handed them 7 points he means Donald Browns fumble that was returned for a touchdown.

Unfortunately it looks like the weather will be decent, I was hoping to ice out the Floridians...

It seems every year 1 or 2 of the Big East teams runs its way up the polls and after they have their devastating loss (SF last week at Rut), everyone expects them to bounce right back and win out. If I recall after WV got their first loss they picked up another in a game they were favored.

I think UConn is pretty confident they can hang w/ anyone in the Big E....

Briank017,

You seem to have a real problem with attacking people personally, and its really starting to piss me off.

I dont know what you think this site is about, but from what I understand its about posting your plays, posting information, and talking about the games. Its about everyone sharing thoughts and opinions on the matchups, and helping others to make sure every angle is covered.

You seem to have gotten that confused with talking shit about people personally, and being a jackass.

Yeah, I think UCONN loses this week in part because they have a cheater on their team, and those things always seem to find a way to even out. So you call me a "tool" because thats my opinion?

I dont know what your problem is, but it needs to get fixed, or maybe you are the one that needs to find another site to post on.

WEBB

the only thing u have contributed to the site is by calling a uconn player a cheater... the rule for fair catch clearly says waiving your hand back and forth twice...didnt happen..noone cheated...just because you think your a great capper and you lost the game you insist on calling uconn out...uconn is overachieving this year and louisville is underachieving. i think this is causing some major tension on ur part..i think louisville is a good school and wish them luck in the future...keep ur negative uconn comments to yourself and there is no problem anywhere..best of luck on ur games this week

Keep it civil gentlemen. Let's keep discussion about the game and not each other. If there's a personal problem, solve it through PMs.

the only thing u have contributed to the site is by calling a uconn player a cheater... the rule for fair catch clearly says waiving your hand back and forth twice...didnt happen..noone cheated...just because you think your a great capper and you lost the game you insist on calling uconn out...uconn is overachieving this year and louisville is underachieving. i think this is causing some major tension on ur part..i like louisville is a good school and wish them luck in the future...keep ur negative uconn comments to yourself and there is no problem anywhere

Dont start quoting the rule book if you dont know what you are talking about. What he did is called an illegal fair catch. Meaning, he signaled for the fair catch, but did not signal properly. By rule, this means he can not advance the football past where he caught it, and if he does attempt to do so, its a 5 yard penalty from where he caught it.

Thats what the call should have been, and anyone that watched that guy on the sidelines saw that he knew what he has just gotten away with. He cheated, he knew he cheated, and it will come back to haunt them.

There is certainly a reason why the Commish of the Big East conference called Louisville and appologized for a quote, "horrible mistake" It is because the refs screwed up, the UCONN player cheated, and Louisville got hosed as a result.

And everything I am saying is part of a discussion, and its my opinion. I am certainly entitled to my opinion, and to say whatever the hell I want about this or any other game or team.

You are the one that had to go and make this personal, and start talking shit about me personally. As far as that goes, there is no place for it here, and if you dont like that, you can fuck off.

I'm not saying UConn is gonna win this weekend, but those of you who think this spread is way off are wrong-

This is going to be a close game, UConn's defense is good enough to hang with South Florida, and not to mention the Bulls defense looked horrible vs. a very one-dimensional Rutgers team last week. I think Dixon will find some running room, and Lorenzen will make enough plays throwing and running the ball to keep this one tight.

Not saying South Florida won't win and cover, but I wouldn't bet the house on it, that's for sure.

Dont start quoting the rule book if you dont know what you are talking about. What he did is called an illegal fair catch. Meaning, he signaled for the fair catch, but did not signal properly. By rule, this means he can not advance the football past where he caught it, and if he does attempt to do so, its a 5 yard penalty from where he caught it.

Thats what the call should have been, and anyone that watched that guy on the sidelines saw that he knew what he has just gotten away with. He cheated, he knew he cheated, and it will come back to haunt them.

There is certainly a reason why the Commish of the Big East conference called Louisville and appologized for a quote, "horrible mistake" It is because the refs screwed up, the UCONN player cheated, and Louisville got hosed as a result.

And everything I am saying is part of a discussion, and its my opinion. I am certainly entitled to my opinion, and to say whatever the hell I want about this or any other game or team.

You are the one that had to go and make this personal, and start talking shit about me personally. As far as that goes, there is no place for it here, and if you dont like that, you can fuck off.

no need to start swearing..its all good..everyone calm down and win some money

I'm not saying UConn is gonna win this weekend, but those of you who think this spread is way off are wrong-

This is going to be a close game, UConn's defense is good enough to hang with South Florida, and not to mention the Bulls defense looked horrible vs. a very one-dimensional Rutgers team last week. I think Dixon will find some running room, and Lorenzen will make enough plays throwing and running the ball to keep this one tight.

Not saying South Florida won't win and cover, but I wouldn't bet the house on it, that's for sure.

If uconn doesnt win then hey we still got basketball season to beat everyone in the big east!:cheers:

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I agree Qdog - Lorenzen does just enough to keep his team in the game... being a former wideout, Lorenzen is one of the tougher qb's i've seen this year - he'll welcome some contact while being elusive at the same time. He's got an accurate arm and put up some great numbers at his juco. Dixon is running behind one of the better lines uconn has had in some time. The offense is extremely balanced. The guy that has impressed me the most on the defensive side is redshirt freshmen Scott Lutrus at LB - kid is flat out nasty (18 tackles versus the Cards). You guys got so much youth (most the freshmen that play are redshirts) - this program is def staying on the up-and-up track. When you limit turnovers and penalties, you're going to have success. South Florida got handled at the line, as Rutgers has one of the best O-Lines in the country. This is going to be one of those grind-it-out traditional football games... I think South Florida pulls away 27-17
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This game is killing me. I normaly divulge into both teams and pull out my arsenal of capping weapons which has done me well with the huskies.. for some reason I'm having some trouble this week.. Could be a No-Play for me..

either way, I'll have an Analysis for Friday

This game is killing me. I normaly divulge into both teams and pull out my arsenal of capping weapons which has done me well with the huskies.. for some reason I'm having some trouble this week.. Could be a No-Play for me..

either way, I'll have an Analysis for Friday

Agreed.

I would love to see the line fall to -3 where I'd go with USF. As is, thogh, I don't see much value on either side.

Possible ML UConn look depending on where it falls. If they hang close I like their chances pulling it out at home, and if they don't, well, they wouldn't have covered 4 anyway.

SF coach needs to send a memo to uconns team stating that they do not care if they signal for any fair catches through out the game, that there players will go balls out, helmets into knees and take out any players attempting to catch a punt. we saw what happened last week with a fake fair catch signal.

Uconns punt returner went to the sideline before the punt and asked the refs what is considered a fair catch signal. right then and there u know he is a cheat.

just look at him.................... a cheat

husky,

funny that you remember it the same way I do...I believe the refs purposely didn't review the punt that clearly hit the Louisville player's hand to make up for the previous bad call...each team was robbed of a touchdown...not to mention Louisville was up 10 late and couldn't seal the deal...

regarding the game, I agree with you and qdog here...most people don't realize that South Florida is a very poor cold weather team...if the weather isn't so great again for this one, it will be a huge advantage for Connecticut...even if the weather is good, I still anticipate Connecticut giving USF all it can handle...

husky,

funny that you remember it the same way I do...I believe the refs purposely didn't review the punt that clearly hit the Louisville player's hand to make up for the previous bad call...each team was robbed of a touchdown...not to mention Louisville was up 10 late and couldn't seal the deal...

regarding the game, I agree with you and qdog here...most people don't realize that South Florida is a very poor cold weather team...if the weather isn't so great again for this one, it will be a huge advantage for Connecticut...even if the weather is good, I still anticipate Connecticut giving USF all it can handle...

well said!

gonna be in the 60's.. chance of some rain.. thats the weekend forecast, obviously it can and probably will change by friday/sat

Also remember the same officiating crew took away Uconn ball on the Loui 1 yard line..

went both ways that game

Why does your coach keep saying " All I saw was him catch a punt, take it to the sidelines and score a TD ". Is he a just a jerk or what is his problem...He seems to be teaching his players that not being truthful is OK.

Why does your coach keep saying " All I saw was him catch a punt, take it to the sidelines and score a TD ". Is he a just a jerk or what is his problem...He seems to be teaching his players that not being truthful is OK.

I mean, What would you do if you were the coach? He has to say that. ANY coach would. It's to keep the locker room positive and confident and have the mindset they can beat USF.

Not to be an ass, but did you really need to ask that? It's not teaching his players to cheat, it's to keep things rolling. I cant change what happened, y ou cant change it, and He defenitly cant- and theres no reason for Edsall to dwell on it- hes doing what is necessary to win ball games.

I mean, What would you do if you were the coach? He has to say that. ANY coach would. It's to keep the locker room positive and confident and have the mindset they can beat USF.

Not to be an ass, but did you really need to ask that? It's not teaching his players to cheat, it's to keep things rolling. I cant change what happened, y ou cant change it, and He defenitly cant- and theres no reason for Edsall to dwell on it- hes doing what is necessary to win ball games.

well said :cheers:

USF wins big and why might you ask? They need to move back up the polls and it seems that the people who vote do care how much you win by (OKL last week for example) and USF, not playing for 10 days will want to come out and play like they did all year and they outplayed Rutgers in terms of offense and defense, but Rutgers got some special teams plays in on them.

Why didn't he just say no comment ? That would have been truthful...To say " all I saw was him catch a punt,run up the sidelines and score a TD"...That is nothing but a lie...That is no class..I have no respect for that statement.. I guess you do.

Personally, I like the under 46.5 in this game. IMO USF played like ass on both sides of the ball last week. Not taking anything away from Rutgers but USF wasn't the team I have watched this year. Stupid penalties, special teams breakdowns, etc.... I expect USF to right the ship against UCONN this week. USF has never had a break out type of offense. Their defense should rebound from an aweful performance trying to contain Rice who IMO was the only threat Rutgers had. I realize the conditions were bad last week but still UCONN was able to play good defense and contain LOU to few points. I see this as a defensive battle. Something along the lines of 20-14. I will more than likely be on the total.

Why didn't he just say no comment ? That would have been truthful...To say " all I saw was him catch a punt,run up the sidelines and score a TD"...That is nothing but a lie...That is no class..I have no respect for that statement.. I guess you do.

Becuase if he said "no comment" he would be portrayed as a cocky cheater "not saying anything because he knew he was wrong"... The same crap people with the same mindset are throwing at Bill Belichick.

Face it, if you try hard enough, you can find any reason to hate someone and say that they have no class.

The media is such a minute part of the game, and people continue to judge someones character by it. This is football, not the national enquirer.

The only ones complaining about the fair catch are those that bet on Louisville and Louisville fans... you blew a ten point lead with 11 minutes left. You're going to blame a call on changing the whole game against a team that supposedly sucks?

Forget about and move onto the next game. Dwelling on the past will only lose you more money.

If any of you conn fellas could give a specific weather report for sat it'd be much appreciated....... heavy rain gets me drooling to play under in this one

What i question is why everyone thinks USF didn't play good defense against Rutgers? Are you shocked by that? USF's defense is based mostly on speed and they got punched in the mouth with a straight jab and couldn't handle it. They can't stop a straight forward power rushing attack and it showed against Rutgers. I haven't looked enough into Uconns line but if they have the size adv like Rutgers and just run through the tackles then Uconn will have no problem in this game. USF's offense is average at best and will need to hold Uconn to less than 20 to win this game IMO.

Uconn has a great running attack Cleve. Andre Dixon will get the majority of carries this week..

weather report: showers in the morning that will become steadier throughout the day. High upper 60's, Low 48. Rainfall around half an inch

USF has the talent to rout UConn but the question is, is the play calling going to be as horrific as it was against Rutgers? If they play like they played against Rutgers they will NOT cover here. If they get back to their game plan they shouldn't have a problem covering by 7 or more.

I think some of you misunderstood B.A.R's point, I am pretty sure by UConn handed them 7 points he means Donald Browns fumble that was returned for a touchdown.

Louisville took advantage of a good defensive play, stripping the runner, the ball taking a good bounce and my fav, a fat guy rumbling for a TD....Thats part of the game...

Having officials blow a fair catch call, which was so obvious that Helen Keller would have blown the whistle, is comparing apples and oranges....That was something that the players didnt decide....

What i question is why everyone thinks USF didn't play good defense against Rutgers? Are you shocked by that? USF's defense is based mostly on speed and they got punched in the mouth with a straight jab and couldn't handle it. They can't stop a straight forward power rushing attack and it showed against Rutgers. I haven't looked enough into Uconns line but if they have the size adv like Rutgers and just run through the tackles then Uconn will have no problem in this game. USF's offense is average at best and will need to hold Uconn to less than 20 to win this game IMO.

I agree 100%.... The Strength of USF's defense is speed and talent on the edges. West Virginia could do nothing against them offensively until they lined up in the I-Formation and ran it down their throats a few plays. Then once they spread them back out, White gave it to Schmitt on an option play for 40 yds right up the middle... If you run right at them, holes are gonna open up as long as you get a hat on Moffet. Uconn can definitely hang with USF, Grothe is solid, but Rutgers definitely exposed that offense a little when they put that spy on him. Should be another close game for the Huskies, especially if it rains... Not gonna play a side, but I will be extremely interested in the game, as I want Uconn to win this one badly

They keep going back and forth on how hard it is going to rain Saturday. I'll post whatever they say on the weather at 11 tonight, since I'm just in studying for the night anyway. (Done with this horseshit Tuesday-thank god).

i'll also try to sneak one in before the game tmw with the authentic "Seabass looks out his window" radar...

Bass, you going tommorrow? Ill be there at 11 30, so call me and we'll tailgate a bit.

If I go I won't get there til 3:30...got these huge exams twice a year for my job and one is coming up this week, shouldn't even go but I can't stand to miss a game so I'll probably go for just the game...

gotta love USF to bring it for this game. they need a big win & will probably win by DD.

GL on you plays! :shake:

I agree 100%.... The Strength of USF's defense is speed and talent on the edges. West Virginia could do nothing against them offensively until they lined up in the I-Formation and ran it down their throats a few plays. Then once they spread them back out, White gave it to Schmitt on an option play for 40 yds right up the middle... If you run right at them, holes are gonna open up as long as you get a hat on Moffet. Uconn can definitely hang with USF, Grothe is solid, but Rutgers definitely exposed that offense a little when they put that spy on him. Should be another close game for the Huskies, especially if it rains... Not gonna play a side, but I will be extremely interested in the game, as I want Uconn to win this one badly

EXACTLY. USF's defense is made for a WVU type offense and not a power running team. That doesn't mean the defense is bad it is just undersized.

Back