USA wednesday??

orangemonk

Creep - Dee oh double gee
-170 for the spread seems like excellent value to me. USA has dominated Mexico at home the past 10+ years.. tickets for this game sold out in 90 minutes and columbus will be a better than average home field advantage with the great fans there. A draw will be a disappointment for them, I really think at worst you are getting your money back on this one.

Rarely bet soccer but can't pass this one up.

:cheers:

i agree monk, and if the NBA and the 6-0 lakers road trip hadnt torn me a new asshole, id be betting this too.

they havent won on our soil in like a decade right?

also love the fact that they are playing in columbus, and not somewhere liek houston, or LA. for obvious reasons.......
can definitely remmeber games against mexico over the years (some were friendlies though), where it looked like they had almost as many fans as we did. even playing in the states.

I agree... I do like USA in this one.. Donovan should be back and he's on form..

I like US and possibly the under..

think i read a few players from mexico will be missing too. either way on US soil and donovan loves playing mexico.

-210 now.. put 5.5 units on it but wish i would've added a little more.
I had 4 originally though and added a little extra after the feedback i got so thanks guys, lets get 'em tommorrow
USA!!

:tiphat: U-S-A!!!!!
111_316808_Dempsey2.jpg

I'm laying the .5 and playing the over as well, but only at a flat 2. I think they can get to two in this game.

I'm thinking 2-0 or 2-1 USA with an outside shot at the USA putting up 3.

One thing I'm a little confused about, they're playing in Columbus, Ohio? In the middle of February?

Are they playing indoors? It's got to be freezing in Columbus right now, right?

its actually -250 now... its without the draw which would mean money back if that happens.

Right, so you're getting them at a PK. The rest of us have to win in 90 minutes.

Interesting thing is at that number there's some value in Mexico at a PK. It's got to be, what +185 or something. And if they can fight out a draw you push.

One thing I'm a little confused about, they're playing in Columbus, Ohio? In the middle of February?

Are they playing indoors? It's got to be freezing in Columbus right now, right?

That's the point....The last 2 final round qualifiers against Mexico have been in Columbus. Back in '01, it was under the freezing mark. Just like Mexico uses the altitude in Azteca to their advantage, we try to use the cold weather to ours. Looks like temperature won't be an issue tonight, but it will be raining, with strong winds throughout the game.

Looks like temperature won't be an issue tonight, but it will be raining, with strong winds throughout the game.

Yuck.

I knew Mexico used not just the altitude, but that horrible smog, to their advantage, but I didn't know we tried to freeze even our own guys' nuts off. It's admirable in a kind of weird horrible way.

yeah mexico is +180 pk. which i dont see much value in personally based on their recent history playing in the US.

I think someone pointed it out earlier but another reason for the game in columbus is its far from the boarder so pretty much everyone will be rooting for the US, where in houston or LA there would be many many more mexican fans.

Yeah....the US will schedule Mexico for games further south when they don't really mean anything. US Soccer gets to have the benefits of getting road experience while still making money off of all the tickets sold. Makes me wish Canada would be good at soccer so we could schedule a WC qualifier close to home in Dallas.

Yeah....the US will schedule Mexico for games further south when they don't really mean anything. US Soccer gets to have the benefits of getting road experience while still making money off of all the tickets sold. Makes me wish Canada would be good at soccer so we could schedule a WC qualifier close to home in Dallas.

Well if you are thinking the heat would be a factor, it won't. Canadians will just travel out to practice for the most part none of the teams practice in the East coast

I actually think Canada could be better than the US in soccer if they just committed to the sport. Canada only really has one and a half sports (you're welcome, curling, I know most people don't even go that far for you).

America will never spend the resources needed to be a truly elite soccer nation. It's also not really our game so, there's that too.

Mexico's keeper is 1-4-2 vs. the US.

Ouch.

It's windy and gross, sloppy track.

No idea who's got more speed, though I'd lean toward the US and a wet pitch slows that.

some good looks by the US but theyre not executing, looking sloppy early on.

momentum starting to swing their way a bit so maybe that will help

joe gets the push on another late goal by bradley!

nice

nice work USA backers, and nice work USAAAAAA

9-0-2 at home against the beaners since 2000. impressive.

Yeah, I was on the phone for basically the last 30 minutes of that game. What a gift.

Thank you, Gambling Gods.

Great call & win on the Americans all who had 'em. Big win. Congrats.

ahhh didnt see we were ingaming or i would've participated. great win, looks like no one on the board (at least who posted their plays) got a loss so good stuff guys

Back